Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    So what actions are these that fail to comport with the teachings of Christ? And being a Buddhist do you think you are qualified to sit in judgement of those actions or inactions? I mean I don't know shit about Sikhs so I don't think I would be qualified to comment on their religion or any follower of their religion.
    How's about launching a war of aggression against a nation that posed no credible threat to America or her allies for starters? As a former Christian, and later a Buddhist, there are certain common threads that run through both ans well as the rest of the world's religions. It presents no problem, then to judge the actions of another who professes a different faith. Unless, of course, you're a moral relativist.

Yes, I do think you are qualified to speak on the man's hypocricies....being a hypocrite yourself.
    Sticks and stones, old son.

Sure, that is why you take every opportunity to bash him on every subject imagineable. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve some bashing on some things but you are obsessed, admit it.
    Obsessed...? Hardly. I spend my days with much more important issues like patient care, my wife, my home. Bush rates somewhere around the level of toe jam or belly-button lint.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    How's about launching a war of aggression against a nation that posed no credible threat to America or her allies for starters? As a former Christian, and later a Buddhist, there are certain common threads that run through both ans well as the rest of the world's religions. It presents no problem, then to judge the actions of another who professes a different faith. Unless, of course, you're a moral relativist.

Sticks and stones, old son.

Obsessed...? Hardly. I spend my days with much more important issues like patient care, my wife, my home. Bush rates somewhere around the level of toe jam or belly-button lint.
    You just proved to the board by your own words that you are unqualified to comment on GWB's faith.

Why? You called yourself a "former Christian". That shows that you don't even understand or know the true definition of being a "Christian". Being a Christian is not adhereing to a belief system, it's a "life" that is given to you by God. You don't pick the life, it comes to you and makes you a new person "in Christ". A new creation, new being in Christ. It's up to you and your free will to seek the how part of this or reject it.

Once a "True" Christian, you don't walk away from it, as it is your new "identity". This identity is not a new attitude, new smile, new internal organs, it's a new nature, at the deepest core of one's humanity.

Just as a zebra can't make itself into a horse, you Bully can't walk away, or it, leave you when referring to once being a "Christian". You really don't understand Christianity. Biblically defined, you meet the criteria of never being a Christian, or a rebellious one, that is choosing a plethora of other belief systems and not bending a knee to your true Lord, namely Jesus. Jesus succinctly says in Matthew 14 that there will be a great gathering, like a net, and the good fish will be gathered and the others will be cast aside. Another parable is the wheat and tares. In the end, there will be a harvest, and the wheat will be separated from the tares(weeds or useless grain). God knows for sure who belongs to Him, and who pretends to be, and who has outright rejected His opportunity for forgiveness and new life through His Son.

There are Christians that are closely abiding in Christ and there are those that are pulled strongly by the world, and things unGodly, and they may be perceived as hypocrites, and what they do may very well be hypocritical, but one can't become unChristianized, if they trully became one.

I'd say 99% of the world perceive Christianity as embracing a system of belief, and with that assumption have missed the target 100%. Christianity isn't based on man's good or bad works. It's based on God's forgiveness of mankind through the substitutionary death, for mankinds sins by Jesus Christ. Being a Christian isn't doing things the biblical way. That's works! God of the bible isn't in the "brownie points" counting business. All of mankind is besought with a lack of merit. The bible says that the goodiest two shoes is not fit before this Holy God. We are a fallen race. Christ is the bridge, for mankind, and God has given every man, woman and child that appropriates by faith, His Son's sacrifice in their stead, a "new life".

So a Christian is a new being. Not a white washed tomb with perfume.

Bully: Christianity is not approached with pre-conceived ideas, motives, or agendas. It doesn't expect the person to conform in order to "fit". When approaching the God of the bible, one comes "naked", and "open" or seeking, with no negotiations, no bargaining, and no hanging on to old warn out life preservers.
    Last edited by eighballsidepocket; 01-29-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Regards, Eightballsidepocket

"Nothing should be said anonymously behind a P.C., that can't be respectfully said in person"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eighballsidepocket View Post
    You just proved to the board by your own words that you are unqualified to comment on GWB's faith.

Why? You called yourself a "former Christian". That shows that you don't even understand or know the true definition of being a "Christian". Being a Christian is not adhereing to a belief system, it's a "life" that is given to you by God. You don't pick the life, it comes to you and makes you a new person "in Christ". A new creation, new being in Christ. It's up to you and your free will to seek the how part of this or reject it.

Once a "True" Christian, you don't walk away from it, as it is your new "identity". This identity is not a new attitude, new smile, new internal organs, it's a new nature, at the deepest core of one's humanity.

Just as a zebra can't make itself into a horse, you Bully can't walk away, or it, leave you when referring to once being a "Christian". You really don't understand Christianity. Biblically defined, you meet the criteria of never being a Christian, or a rebellious one, that is choosing a plethora of other belief systems and not bending a knee to your true Lord, namely Jesus. Jesus succinctly says in Matthew 14 that there will be a great gathering, like a net, and the good fish will be gathered and the others will be cast aside. Another parable is the wheat and tares. In the end, there will be a harvest, and the wheat will be separated from the tares(weeds or useless grain). God knows for sure who belongs to Him, and who pretends to be, and who has outright rejected His opportunity for forgiveness and new life through His Son.

There are Christians that are closely abiding in Christ and there are those that are pulled strongly by the world, and things unGodly, and they may be perceived as hypocrites, and what they do may very well be hypocritical, but one can't become unChristianized, if they trully became one.

I'd say 99% of the world perceive Christianity as embracing a system of belief, and with that assumption have missed the target 100%. Christianity isn't based on man's good or bad works. It's based on God's forgiveness of mankind through the substitutionary death, for mankinds sins by Jesus Christ. Being a Christian isn't doing things the biblical way. That's works! God of the bible isn't in the "brownie points" counting business. All of mankind is besought with a lack of merit. The bible says that the goodiest two shoes is not fit before this Holy God. We are a fallen race. Christ is the bridge, for mankind, and God has given every man, woman and child that appropriates by faith, His Son's sacrifice in their stead, a "new life".

So a Christian is a new being. Not a white washed tomb with perfume.

Bully: Christianity is not approached with pre-conceived ideas, motives, or agendas. It doesn't expect the person to conform in order to "fit". When approaching the God of the bible, one comes "naked", and "open" or seeking, with no negotiations, no bargaining, and no hanging on to old warn out life preservers.
    Your opinion. But that's what religion boils down to anyways...opinion. Dump the metaphysical weeds that have grown rank and rampant in most religions and there are some practical, reasonable...and some not so reasonable...schools of philosophic thought rooted in human experience. Once the metaphysics takes root though, all bets are off as some one will inevitably claim that theirs is the one true path to salvation and everyone else is damned for all eternity. At that point religion becomes nothing more than a source of contention, discord and violence, unless its practitioners have the good sense not to believe the BS about their being the "chosen ones" and everyone else is in the shit.
    Last edited by bullypulpit; 02-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Election years bring out the faith in all candidates. Whether they normally have it or not.
    It's like prayer in school. As long as there are exams, there will always be prayer in schools.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Your opinion. But that's what religion boils down to anyways...opinion. Dump the metaphysical weeds that have grown rank and rampant in most religions and there are some practical, reasonable...and some not so reasonable...schools of philosophic thought rooted in human experience. Once the metaphysics takes root though, all bets are off as someone will inevitably claim that theirs is the one true path to salvation and everyone else is damned for all eternity. At that point religion becomes nothing more than a source of contention, discord and violence, unless its practitioners have the good sense not to believe the BS about their being the "chosen ones" and everyone else is in the shit.
    Oh come on eightball!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Your opinion. But that's what religion boils down to anyways...opinion. Dump the metaphysical weeds that have grown rank and rampant in most religions and there are some practical, reasonable...and some not so reasonable...schools of philosophic thought rooted in human experience. Once the metaphysics takes root though, all bets are off as some one will inevitably claim that theirs is the one true path to salvation and everyone else is damned for all eternity. At that point religion becomes nothing more than a source of contention, discord and violence, unless its practitioners have the good sense not to believe the BS about their being the "chosen ones" and everyone else is in the shit.
    Eightball...? Eightball...?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

bump

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The psuedo spiituals have nothing for you, bp. I don't find it surprising, do you?

bump

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how can one man, pretend to know to know another's man heart or faith

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    The psuedo spiituals have nothing for you, bp. I don't find it surprising, do you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actions speak louder than words, martin. Your condescending words will not be forgotten similar to the unpatriotic words of your jerkoff president that he has somehow communicated with a higher power in his choice to got to WAR ON IRAQ. Dig it? I doubt it, but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    how can one man, pretend to know to know another's man heart or faith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If i wanna be condescending, youll know it.

Secondly, he is not my president, he is our president, he si the president of the united states, and unless you live in canada, he is your president too. Clinton was my president, even though i would not have voted for him

I find your words to me to have a mean, and hurtful tone.

Besides, I find your comments to be mocking religious people.

Christians and jews, i cant speak for muslims, but i assume they do, believe god is everywhere and they can talk to him

why be so degrading?

Actions speak louder than words, martin. Your condescending words will not be forgotten similar to the unpatriotic words of your jerkoff president that he has somehow communicated with a higher power in his choice to got to WAR ON IRAQ. Dig it? I doubt it, but carry on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so im unpatriotic now?

what the hell dude, sometimes your mean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    If i wanna be condescending, youll know it.

You were being condescending and I just pointed it out, martin.

Secondly, he is not my president, he is our president, he si the president of the united states, and unless you live in canada, he is your president too. Clinton was my president, even though i would not have voted for him

He is not my president, until him all others were my presidents, but this one is not and I never voted for, with or in abstentia with him and he will be a scourge on the American principles and values that I hold forever.
    I find your words to me to have a mean, and hurtful tone.

As I find yours, martin.

Besides, I find your comments to be mocking religious people.

I have never mocked any religion or religious pepole, martin. Please clarify.

Christians and jews, i cant speak for muslims, but i assume they do, believe god is everywhere and they can talk to him

So, God, the higher power, sent us to WAR ON IRAQ? Is that what you believe as does your president?

why be so degrading?
    Yes, why be so degrading?
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 02-20-2008 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me: You degrade him, for talking to god, about his decision to go war

You were being condescending and I just pointed it out, martin.

ME: how it is degrading to say, we cant understand what is in someone heart.
    Youre right, actions are the key, but i cant read someone's might or heart, I NEVER meant that to be degrading.

YOU: He is not my president, until him all others were my presidents, but this one is not and I never voted for, with or in abstentia with him and he will be a scourge on the American principles and values that I hold forever.

ME: im not gonna argue with you, youre entitled to your opinion, but as long as you live in the u.s.a, any president elected, including hillary, mccain, or obama would be your presidents too

You: As I find yours, martin.

ME: how so, and do you feel your comments were in any way mean or overly harsh? I mean its like your going for the throat with me man, what gives

I have never mocked any religion or religious pepole, martin. Please clarify.

You: that he has somehow communicated with a higher power in his choice to got to WAR ON IRAQ.

So, God, the higher power, sent us to WAR ON IRAQ? Is that what you believe as does your president?

ME: Hell NO, the president did. Did bush say , god told me to do it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a matter of fact, he implied that. Are you so weak that you can't address the subject/s at hand but would rather obscure the argument with senseless accusation?