Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default McCain: Desperately lying?

McCain: Romney favored Iraq withdrawal

ORLANDO, Fla. - John McCain accused Mitt Romney of wanting to set a timetable to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq, drawing immediate protest from his Republican presidential rival who said: "That's simply wrong and it's dishonest, and he should apologize."

With economic troubles dominating the race, McCain opened the new line of criticism against Romney at his first event of the day in Fort Myers, Fla., and sought to shift the campaign back to his strength, national security, and away from Romney's, the economy.

First, he slapped at Romney without naming him during a question-and-answer session with Floridians, saying: "Now, one of my opponents wanted to set a date for withdrawal that would have meant disaster."

Minutes later to reporters, the Arizona senator was more direct: "If we surrender and wave a white flag, like Senator Clinton wants to do, and withdraw, as Governor Romney wanted to do, then there will be chaos, genocide, and the cost of American blood and treasure would be dramatically higher."

Asked about the comment in Land O' Lakes, Fla., Romney bristled.

"That's dishonest, to say that I have a specific date. That's simply wrong," he said. "That is not the case. I've never said that."

But Romney quotes circulated by McCain's campaign didn't show Romney making that exact comment — nor did aides back up McCain's earlier comment that suggested that Romney "wanted to set a date for withdrawal."
    desperate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still don't know what it is the people that call themselves a republican see in this liberal turd. Is it the fact that he tried to push through the biggest amnesty for illegal aliens in history? Is it because he and the liberal feingold did their level best to silence the public? Or is it simply because he's an old fucker with a temper like a snake? I don't know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I still don't know what it is the people that call themselves a republican see in this liberal turd. Is it the fact that he tried to push through the biggest amnesty for illegal aliens in history? Is it because he and the liberal feingold did their level best to silence the public? Or is it simply because he's an old fucker with a temper like a snake? I don't know.
    beats me. my guess is that his "moderate" ways appeal to some repubs, plus he is a war hero, POW. like the previous attempt, he will garner initial support, his streak of "independence" will make him look superficially good, then when it comes down to it, he will tank just like last time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its not exactly a lie.

In an interview with ABC News in 2007, Romney said: "There's no question that the president and (Iraqi) Prime Minister al-Maliki have to have a series of timetables and milestones that they speak about. But those shouldn't be for public pronouncement. You don't want the enemy to understand how long they have to wait in the weeds until you're going to be gone."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/...tyf8EDsnoDW7oF
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post

Exactly?????

It is either true or not. There is no grey area here. Someone made a McClaim and they were wrong. There is no grey area, period.

It was McLame that made the claim, the burden therefore falls on him to back it up. Period.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You miss the point, yurt. I think the question is whether or not Romney ever supported a timetable for troop withdrawal from Iraq or whether John McCain lied about it.

I think both of them are lying on this issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree McCain lied here. A stupid, putrid lie.

BIG WHOOPTY DOO... Romney's been doing the same for months now.

Why do you think he's so detested by the other candidates? And their supporters?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you buy a used car from him? That is the overlying question.

Quote Originally Posted by NATO AIR View Post

Why do you think he's so detested by the other candidates? And their supporters?
    If so, you're probably gonna get fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NATO AIR View Post

Because he compares their records and they cant defend themselves. That's why. he is their biggest threat. That is why they hate him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Actually, it is. no where in that quote are mentioned any sort of time tables for withdrawal. Simply timetables. and i think any logical person would have time tables for when they governments want certain things to happen. its called planning 101.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uhhhhhh, Planning 101 would indicate a freshman college course for which I feel most here would not comprehend, a'21.

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Actually, it is. no where in that quote are mentioned any sort of time tables for withdrawal. Simply timetables. and i think any logical person would have time tables for when they governments want certain things to happen. its called planning 101.
    On the other hand, I agree that timetables, projections, reasonable expectations based on other reasonable activities and so forth could be communicated to the people that are paying the greatest price for the desired outcome, don't you? This is not a college level question, is it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    McCain: Romney favored Iraq withdrawal

ORLANDO, Fla. - John McCain accused Mitt Romney of wanting to set a timetable to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq, drawing immediate protest from his Republican presidential rival who said: "That's simply wrong and it's dishonest, and he should apologize."

With economic troubles dominating the race, McCain opened the new line of criticism against Romney at his first event of the day in Fort Myers, Fla., and sought to shift the campaign back to his strength, national security, and away from Romney's, the economy.

First, he slapped at Romney without naming him during a question-and-answer session with Floridians, saying: "Now, one of my opponents wanted to set a date for withdrawal that would have meant disaster."

Minutes later to reporters, the Arizona senator was more direct: "If we surrender and wave a white flag, like Senator Clinton wants to do, and withdraw, as Governor Romney wanted to do, then there will be chaos, genocide, and the cost of American blood and treasure would be dramatically higher."

Asked about the comment in Land O' Lakes, Fla., Romney bristled.

"That's dishonest, to say that I have a specific date. That's simply wrong," he said. "That is not the case. I've never said that."

But Romney quotes circulated by McCain's campaign didn't show Romney making that exact comment — nor did aides back up McCain's earlier comment that suggested that Romney "wanted to set a date for withdrawal."
    desperate
    Multiple Choice Mitt did say before the surge that he wanted to set a timetable for getting troops out of there.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soooooooo, you are admitting that Mitt took the Planning 101 course?

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Multiple Choice Mitt did say before the surge that he wanted to set a timetable for getting troops out of there.
    Sounds reasonable to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..................

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Soooooooo, you are admitting that Mitt took the Planning 101 course?

Sounds reasonable to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What in the hell are you talking about? You need to sober up before you post again.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone with an iota of common sense knows that there is a timetable to reduce troops as the government of Iraq is able to secure itself. The entire troop policy is based on progress of the Iraqi government. From the beginning the Democratic Party has been using "timetable for withdraw" as a weapon for defeat against President Bush's efforts. Bush... as they stand up we stand down... Dems we must admit defeat because we are losing...

Without doubt Bush has had and has timetables with the Iraqi government for troop reductions but he cannot announce them since it would allow the enemy to plan towards a specific date.

This is a blatantly stupid claim by McCain that Romney said anything about cutting and running. Only brain dead people could make a conclusion that Romney said cut and run by a certain date since he said he would veto legislation with timetables. That makes McCain and anyone who buys his statement brain-dead.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)