Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Gotta love blatant racism in its truest form.
    Not anymore than I care for obvious idiocy.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's not just the flag. It's the attitude. The attitude of white supremicist bigotry. To many, the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression. It represents those who continue to feel that whites are superior to other ethnic groups.
    In other words, it is the flag of the mainstream Republican party.
    And being the apologist, ass-kissing lib that you are, you think that because some take offense, the rest of us should tailor our lives around them. It doesn't represent racial superiority to anyone but non-whites and liberal apologist ass-kissers. Wonder why that is?

And I'm sure the republicans would rather fly this flag than that plain white one you libs keep on hand to hoist on a second's notice.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Flag of the Confederacy is Shameful in this Day and Time

It was defeated 142 years ago. It has nothing to do with heritage or history except that it was rightfully defeated 142 years ago. It serves today as a honest display of history by very few outside museums but is proudly displayed by many that would have preferred an entirely different outcome from the Civil War of the United States Of America.

I've heard all the arguments and seen all the results. Idiots that continue to wear the defeated Flag of the Confederacy on their heads and chests may just as well be wearing it across their asses. That's about what it is worth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not just the flag. It's the attitude. The attitude of white supremicist bigotry. To many, the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression. It represents those who continue to feel that whites are superior to other ethnic groups.
    "To many", huh, sounds like you may be the spokesman for bigotry.

It was explained to you what the Confederate flag represented, YOUR the one that added on the bigotry.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    It was defeated 142 years ago. It has nothing to do with heritage or history except that it was rightfully defeated 142 years ago. It serves today as a honest display of history by very few outside museums but is proudly displayed by many that would have preferred an entirely different outcome from the Civil War of the United States Of America.

I've heard all the arguments and seen all the results. Idiots that continue to wear the defeated Flag of the Confederacy on their heads and chests may just as well be wearing it across their asses. That's about what it is worth.
    Keep thinking that all you want. Yankee bastards like you will never understand what it means, but at least the first ammendment means you can blow all the hot air you want and it doesn't mean crap. My ancestors fought and died under that flag, and I'm not gonna let some uptight faggot like you tell me that I have to be ashamed of that fact.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Hobbit, were you ancestors also slave owners? How big was their plantation?
    I keep wondering how many ole hound dogs you own and how many cars you have up on blocks in your yard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep wondering how many ole hound dogs you own and how many cars you have up on blocks in your yard.
    Stereotyping ignoranus. Why don't you go ask Jesse Jackson how much fried chicken and watermelon he eats on Sunday? Maybe he'll hit you hard enough to knock that pine cone out of your ass.

Not only am I not some redneck stereotype, I'm a lot smarter and classier than YOU. I'd love to stay and prove it, but you're a total bitch.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 03-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    "Lighght"

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to inform you, hibbit, but I was born in the South, have always called the South my home and I live in the South now. Like you, I have ancestors that fought on both sides of the Civil War issues and I proudly displayed that flag during many of the early years of my life. That is until I stopped long enough to actually think about it. I decided as I believe now, that flag represents nothing for which I might be proud about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Keep thinking that all you want. Yankee bastards like you will never understand what it means, but at least the first ammendment means you can blow all the hot air you want and it doesn't mean crap. My ancestors fought and died under that flag, and I'm not gonna let some uptight faggot like you tell me that I have to be ashamed of that fact.
    And get that Griese Dieck out of your mouth before you start calling people "faggot", OK?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That is until I stopped long enough to actually think about it...

That's unfair psychoblues. You would be requiring Hobbit to think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the two of you sure set the bar "high", NOT.

Hobbit chooses to take some pride in his history, nothing wrong with that, period.

YOU aren't required to join in on his pride of the Confederate flag, and the TRUTH behind it.

You can now go on, and join the gay pride parade in San Francisco.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Sorry to inform you, hibbit, but I was born in the South, have always called the South my home and I live in the South now. Like you, I have ancestors that fought on both sides of the Civil War issues and I proudly displayed that flag during many of the early years of my life. That is until I stopped long enough to actually think about it. I decided as I believe now, that flag represents nothing for which I might be proud about now.
    I call bullcrap on that.

And get that Griese Dieck out of your mouth before you start calling people "faggot", OK?
    How classy of you. So I use the word faggot as one of many running gags, so that makes me gay. What flawless logic.

That is until I stopped long enough to actually think about it...

That's unfair psychoblues. You would be requiring Hobbit to think.
    Is it just me, or are their flawless, witty retorts reminding anybody else of an elementary school playground?
    "Lighght"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What's wrong with having some classics stored in the back somewhere?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You know the sad thing is that regardless of what someones "ancestors" did is completely irrelevant to the person at hand.

If Hobbit has 10 hound dogs that is his choice. I grew up with hunting dogs my whole life I personally dont have any but my parents and brother did. I know a lot of educated people who have always hunted with dogs and will continue to do so.

You are such a narrow minded holier than thou piece of shit go back to your la la land you call home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The flag is seen as racist, even though it was just a battle flag and not the actual flag of the Southern states.

If the KKK and other groups hadn't take it up as "their flag" I would say blacks have no reason to be offended. But they did, and now it's only seen as having a racist message.

Gabo: You would do yourself a world of good if you'd realize that everyone living in the south is not an inbread, coon hunting, highschool dropout. Please travel outside Cali and see the rest of the states.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice story about the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own. A piece of colored fabric ......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus