Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    It was defeated 142 years ago. It has nothing to do with heritage or history except that it was rightfully defeated 142 years ago. It serves today as a honest display of history by very few outside museums but is proudly displayed by many that would have preferred an entirely different outcome from the Civil War of the United States Of America.

I've heard all the arguments and seen all the results. Idiots that continue to wear the defeated Flag of the Confederacy on their heads and chests may just as well be wearing it across their asses. That's about what it is worth.
    The Confederate Battle Flag represents my forefathers who fought against a bunch of Yankee industrialists trying to dictate how they should live, as it suited the agendas of the Yankee carpetbaggers. My ancestors were too poor to own slaves, so WHAT was it again they were fighting for?

I display a Scottish crest as well, even though the English long ago murdered off most of my clansmen, and the rest fled.

If the cause is just, so is the banner under which it was fought.

Any of you who can't figure that simple point out can kiss my ass.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Hobbit, were you ancestors also slave owners? How big was their plantation?
    I keep wondering how many ole hound dogs you own and how many cars you have up on blocks in your yard.
    As previously stated, mine weren't. How many minorities is it you libs keep in mental slavery by creating such a welfare state they aren't even smart enough to get out from in front of a fucking Cat 5 hurricane?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    As previously stated, mine weren't. How many minorities is it you libs keep in mental slavery by creating such a welfare state they aren't even smart enough to get out from in front of a fucking Cat 5 hurricane?
    Yea, I'd be MOST interested in hearing about that.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    The flag is seen as racist, even though it was just a battle flag and not the actual flag of the Southern states.

If the KKK and other groups hadn't take it up as "their flag" I would say blacks have no reason to be offended. But they did, and now it's only seen as having a racist message.
    Yeah, but the difference is that there's a lot of stuff that offends me, but I don't ask the government to ban it. You don't have a right to not be offended, and I am here to ensure those non-rights are enforced.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Yea, I'd be MOST interested in hearing about that.
    You hear the crickets?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You hear the crickets?
    Thats what that was, thanks Gunny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Yeah, but the difference is that there's a lot of stuff that offends me, but I don't ask the government to ban it. You don't have a right to not be offended, and I am here to ensure those non-rights are enforced.
    I think you jumped the gun a little. I never said the flag should be banned. I said it's not seen as just another flag, it's seen as racist because of the groups that ended up embracing it.

I will not call for it to be banned, especially since the gov. has decided that burning the American flag is aokay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    I think you jumped the gun a little. I never said the flag should be banned. I said it's not seen as just another flag, it's seen as racist because of the groups that ended up embracing it.

I will not call for it to be banned, especially since the gov. has decided that burning the American flag is aokay.
    I don't care what group has embraced the symbol. After all the KKK used the cross in its symbolism quite a bit, but nobody questions the church for having crosses prominently displayed and even incorporated into the architecture. You could also say the cross is a very negative symbol and even a racist symbol because it was once a tool of execution not used on Romans, who were thought to be the superior race. Just because one bad group uses it as a symbol doesn't mean I'm going to accept that as the entire meaning of the symbol or even as a meaning of the symbol.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a hard core dirt track stock car fan, hibbit. I live and patronize many Southern tracks but I occasionally vist "Northern" tracks. The display of that horrendous symbol of racism, bigotry and hatred is about as equally spread in all venues of the most excellent sport of dirt track racing. Sorry to inform you, hibbit, but the rednecks are overwhelmingly afraid of the niggers. Dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I don't care what group has embraced the symbol. After all the KKK used the cross in its symbolism quite a bit, but nobody questions the church for having crosses prominently displayed and even incorporated into the architecture. You could also say the cross is a very negative symbol and even a racist symbol because it was once a tool of execution not used on Romans, who were thought to be the superior race. Just because one bad group uses it as a symbol doesn't mean I'm going to accept that as the entire meaning of the symbol or even as a meaning of the symbol.
    None of that stops me from attending and participating in dirt track stock car racing but I am reminded each time I am there in the midst just how ignorant, racist and blind many of my competitors really are. Usually, to be honest with you, that is an advantage for me and my teams. We already know how shallow and stupid they are. And we use that in extrapolation to kick their dumb, blind asses!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a hard core dirt track stock car fan, hibbit. I live and patronize many Southern tracks but I occasionally vist "Northern" tracks. The display of that horrendous symbol of racism, bigotry and hatred is about as equally spread in all venues of the most excellent sport of dirt track racing. Sorry to inform you, hibbit, but the rednecks are overwhelmingly afraid of the niggers. Dig it?

None of that stops me from attending and participating in dirt track stock car racing but I am reminded each time I am there in the midst just how ignorant, racist and blind many of my competitors really are. Usually, to be honest with you, that is an advantage for me and my teams. We already know how shallow and stupid they are. And we use that in extrapolation to kick their dumb, blind asses!!!!!!
    Dirt track racing as well.

Damn, you DO get around!

Do you do your own engine work?

Body work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see as well as I used to and my hand is not as steady as it once was but I do supervise the engine, sheet metal, set-up and frame work but only when needed. I keep some fairly competent people around so that I can concentrate on other issues like track strategies and the exploitation of the overlooked by others.

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Dirt track racing as well.

Damn, you DO get around!

Do you do your own engine work?

Body work?
    You win some and you lose some and dirt track racing is as fulfilling as anything I've ever done in my life and I've done a lot. My motto is, "If you ain't got dirt in your beer, you ain't at a real race track." BTW, I NEVER drink beer at a race track but if there is an afterhours bar somewhere close after the races are done I am GOOD TO GO!!!!!
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 03-11-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Now you're a stock car racer too, huh? Why am I NOT surprised.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are just a fuckin' liar and you misunderstand everything, gunny. Get a beer, kick back and enjoy your Sunday instead of fuckin' with the civilians and the otherwise out of your class.

Now you're a stock car racer too, huh? Why am I NOT surprised.
    I do love the smell of burning alcohol (and other racing fuels) on Friday and Saturday nights!!!!!!! Speaking of which, the season is upon us and I will be getting my money's worth for the next 5 or 6 months depending on how much stuff we tear up. Even if we have to break out of the competition, I'll be there in the stands. Ain't nothin' like a race track hamburger and a big 'ol lemonade!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You are just a fuckin' liar and you misunderstand everything, gunny. Get a beer, kick back and enjoy your Sunday instead of fuckin' with the civilians and the otherwise out of your class.

I do love the smell of burning alcohol (and other racing fuels) on Friday and Saturday nights!!!!!!! Speaking of which, the season is upon us and I will be getting my money's worth for the next 5 or 6 months depending on how much stuff we tear up. Even if we have to break out of the competition, I'll be there in the stands. Ain't nothin' like a race track hamburger and a big 'ol lemonade!!!!!!
    DO be specific and point out exactly what I misunderstand and am lying about.

You're out of my class alright. So far down the ladder it'll take you week to climb to daylight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know how to get people to stop calling you a liar?

DO be specific and point out exactly what I misunderstand and am lying about.

You're out of my class alright. So far down the ladder it'll take you week to climb to daylight.
    STOP TELLING LIES, dipstick!!!!!!!!!