Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sick 9/11 Responders Attend Final gwb SOTU

These people have feelings and lives as Americans. What is wrong with American recognition of them?

BY BILL EGBERT
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, January 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

When President Bush delivers his final State of the Union speech Monday night, in the gallery of the House chamber will be Ground Zero workers who have been ill since just a few months after his first.

"This will be my third State of the Union in a row I've gone to," said Queens paramedic Marvin Bethea, who will attend as a guest of the New York City congressional delegation.

"I'm fed up with how we're treated," said Bethea, saying he now takes 12 medications daily and still has trouble getting adequate health care. "They went from calling us heroes to treating us like zeros."

Ground Zero volunteer John Feal was even more blunt in skewering the White House.

"You got $3 billion a month to kill people," Feal said. "You got $3 billion a year for health care."

On the eve of Bush's speech, 9/11 responders, union leaders and elected officials gathered at Ground Zero Sunday to blast the White House for recently yanking a contract for ailing 9/11-responder care.

"They just don't want to spend the money," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-Manhattan), whose district includes Ground Zero. "They'd rather see these people die."

The contract would have expanded the spending caps for the six local clinics treating and tracking ill first responders, as well as establish an office to handle Ground Zero claims from across the country, using $108 million already appropriated by Congress.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...ident_bus.html

Like many of our military Veterans, we tend to forget or discount them. How about Americans taking care of Americans?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Like many of our military Veterans, we tend to forget or discount them. How about Americans taking care of Americans?
    Damn that Bush guy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can't excuse your whining with fiddle playing, SE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post
    Damn that Bush guy!
    The key is Bb minor, why are you playing in Rsharp?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These people have feelings and lives as Americans. What is wrong with American recognition of them?

BY BILL EGBERT
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, January 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

When President Bush delivers his final State of the Union speech Monday night, in the gallery of the House chamber will be Ground Zero workers who have been ill since just a few months after his first.

"This will be my third State of the Union in a row I've gone to," said Queens paramedic Marvin Bethea, who will attend as a guest of the New York City congressional delegation.

"I'm fed up with how we're treated," said Bethea, saying he now takes 12 medications daily and still has trouble getting adequate health care. "They went from calling us heroes to treating us like zeros."

Ground Zero volunteer John Feal was even more blunt in skewering the White House.

"You got $3 billion a month to kill people," Feal said. "You got $3 billion a year for health care."

On the eve of Bush's speech, 9/11 responders, union leaders and elected officials gathered at Ground Zero Sunday to blast the White House for recently yanking a contract for ailing 9/11-responder care.

"They just don't want to spend the money," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-Manhattan), whose district includes Ground Zero. "They'd rather see these people die."

The contract would have expanded the spending caps for the six local clinics treating and tracking ill first responders, as well as establish an office to handle Ground Zero claims from across the country, using $108 million already appropriated by Congress.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...ident_bus.html

The fact that we do not take adequate care of our veterans is a travesty, no doubt. It is up to us as citizens to keep the stew on the fire and maintain people's awareness.

911 responders chose a profession that would possibly place them in harms way. Having dome so they should realize that it would be possible that if injured they may not be made completely "whole" again. It is true that some are not properly cared for and that is a shame but still, they chose the profession. As did soldiers in volunteer times. As for Vietnam vets, it is pitiful the way our country treated them. Not just our inadequate VA system but our people. We should forever be ashamed of the way we treated our Vietnam Vets and never let ourselves forget it.

I probably overdue it when I get started on this subject but I think it to be nothing than an absolute insult to the American fighting soldier to disrespect the service of just one. You might as well walk up and take a piss on the unknown soldier's grave.

The issue shouldn't really be about money. We have plenty of resources to tend to their needs and we know it. We could also blame doctors, frivolous law suits and many other culprits as a reason why there is not enough money to go around. We could blame welfare theives, tax cheats and others.

My solution would be to stop being the world's police officer and by virtue of this alone you would begin to kill off the problem of too many soldiers in need of care that was not adequately provided.

I can't say I would know what to do about the First Responders. They are going to be in harms way. They know that when they start.

Good article, good thread. I must spread some rep around before I can rep it.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..................

I guess it's President Bush's fault that the planes flew into the towers too right?

Gabby don't answer that.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least his inattention to al queda played a part, nm. Don't you think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think BC was a bit inattentive as well, wouldn't you say Psycho?
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Be careful your insulting one of Psycho's philandering role models.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So they're sick. My heart bleeds, but they've had over 6 years to adjust for that. You ask what happened to Americans helping Americans. I ask you what happened to Americans helping themselves. You think Helen Keller lived her life off of handouts? Does Stephen Hawking demand special compensation because of his condition? A single accident, while a tragedy, should not become a meal ticket.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BC, as you call him, warned gwb that Al Queda would consume more of his attention than any other subject, emmett. gwb ignored that warning until post the attack on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Many of you like to ignore that FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please stick to the topic

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post
    Damn that Bush guy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he was in office 8 months.

The blame for al queda has to go where it belongs, from reagan-bush

and the congress from reagan to bush

Lets not make this a political blame game

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

knock it off with the cheap shots

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Be careful your insulting one of Psycho's philandering role models.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is such a refreshing, critical thinking post.

We the american people, have become to dependant on the federal government as is we are little kids, and they are mom and dad.. but we forget the federal government is nothing more then other peoples hard earned money. Hard earned money from people who own business, businesses that employ people.

We should only help people, who are completely incapable of helping themselves, or in rare exceptions.

But to just hand out tax payer money, when people from the beirut bombings didnt get money, the oklahoma city victims didnt get money.

We cant just give out money, like its anti biotics, the patient has to have the disease and need the treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    So they're sick. My heart bleeds, but they've had over 6 years to adjust for that. You ask what happened to Americans helping Americans. I ask you what happened to Americans helping themselves. You think Helen Keller lived her life off of handouts? Does Stephen Hawking demand special compensation because of his condition? A single accident, while a tragedy, should not become a meal ticket.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite contraire, martin. I think the post disgusting, non-critical thinking and anti-American of most I have ever read. Please explain your satisfaction with the expressed ideology contained therein, OK?