Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Everythings a choice, you could choose to deny your feeling and be unhappy or not. It's your choice, but choosing something that goes against your very nature is also highly dangerous lifestyle choice. Chronic un happiness doesn't ain't a good way to live. Esspicially considering there is nothing more harmfull about living gay as living strait.
    Are we really happier when we INDULGE ourselves? Or are we happier, overall, when we discipline ourselves?
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Are we really happier when we INDULGE ourselves? Or are we happier, overall, when we discipline ourselves?
    I think if we applied that question to chocolate, we'd have an answer for most females.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Well I disagree with you since EVERYONE is born straight. Not sure what makes one make such a reckless decision as to live the queer lifestyle though, mental instability maybe?
    Really, some people have been homosexual since man kind begin but in your mind their just straits. I don't buy it, your sexual feeling and who you are sexually aroused by is by in large not a conscious choice. If it was you wouldn't have gays because no one would want to put up with the shabby treatment that goes along with it from society at large.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    So you would be happier if you disciplined yourself and remained celibate your whole life.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

So you would be happier if you disciplined yourself and remained celibate your whole life.
    If you have a mental illness, you seek treatment. Instead of being celibate, CURE yourself of your deviant desires and become normal. Then, find a man and marry him and screw him silly.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im the most offensive avatar... im the only one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everythings a choice, you could choose to deny your feeling and be unhappy or not. It's your choice, but choosing something that goes against your very nature is also highly dangerous lifestyle choice. Chronic un happiness doesn't ain't a good way to live. Esspicially considering there is nothing more harmfull about living gay as living strait.
    Giving into ones lust does not make them happy. Quite contrary. Any pleasure they have is fleeting. an illusion of happiness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If you have a mental illness, you seek treatment.
    Now show me where homosexuality is classified as a mental illness by the medical community.

There is no treatment because as of now it can't be treated as of now. A homosexual may choose not to engage in gay sex and even have strait sex but that doesn’t change that homosexuals desires/heart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Giving into ones lust does not make them happy. Quite contrary. Any pleasure they have is fleeting. an illusion of happiness.
    See my response to DMP above.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Not always. And isn't all happiness fleeting? Happiness always has to be reaffirmed for it to continue. A single moment's happiness won't keep you happy forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Not always. And isn't all happiness fleeting? Happiness always has to be reaffirmed for it to continue. A single moment's happiness won't keep you happy forever.

Happiness is relative. During basic Training I was NOT happy. Looking back, I was having some of the best times of my life. Being a Man-whore in Germany was AWESOME during...looking back it was the most lonely and sad and horrible feeling period of my life.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

By the way:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Happiness is relative. During basic Training I was NOT happy. Looking back, I was having some of the best times of my life. Being a Man-whore in Germany was AWESOME during...looking back it was the most lonely and sad and horrible feeling period of my life.
    I'm sure for you that's true. And one should certainly follow one's conscience and one's instincts in knowing what is right and wrong for them. It's when we cross over into the gray area where we start to impose what's right for us on others that problems arise.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    I'm sure for you that's true. And one should certainly follow one's conscience and one's instincts in knowing what is right and wrong for them. It's when we cross over into the gray area where we start to impose what's right for us on others that problems arise.
    It's true for EVERYONE. Happiness is not best-defined in the moment, but only when tempered with the benefit of wisdom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's true for EVERYONE. Happiness is not best-defined in the moment, but only when tempered with the benefit of wisdom.
    True. And certainly there are things we did when we were younger that we might not choose to do again if we had it to do over. But would you really give up any of the experiences you had which are what, ultimately, where we derive wisdom.