Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    You are applying logic and common sense which are traits of conservatism indicating there is hope for you! Just kidding, when I was a teen and early twenties I was probably more liberal than you... Anyone not liberal in their youth should consider that they watch way more news than the opposite sex...
    With your ability to separate yourself from a liberal position I would suggest a metamorphosis has began in your life... welcome to the real world.
    Winston Churchill had a great quote

"If your not a liberal in your 20's you have no heart. If your not a conservative in your 40's you have no brain."

I have always loved this quote. I feel it is very true and appropriate..
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    B) the berkeley city council. It was a stupid and pretty petty thing to do. It goes against freedom of choice. If someone wants to join the marines that is their choice and that city shouldn't interfere by making it more difficult.
    I knew what your answer would be! I was just yanking your chain a bit trying to get you to admit it.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Winston Churchill had a great quote

"If your not a liberal in your 20's you have no heart. If your not a conservative in your 40's you have no brain."

I have always loved this quote. I feel it is very true and appropriate..
    Bah-hum! "Liberalism" in Churchill's time (progressive movement) meant something very different than what the term means today (communism lite).

Given the policy agenda of the left, being a young Republic doesn't make you heartless, it just makes you ahead of the curve!
    "Let me at least not die without a struggle, inglorious, but having done some big thing first, for men to come to know of." - Hector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Good for Jim DeMint:

http://demint.senate.gov/public/inde...2-8d5616ec70e3

DeMint to Berkeley: Support Our Marines or Lose Federal Funds

January 31st, 2008 - Washington, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) released the following statement in response to the decision by the City Council of Berkeley, California to evict the U.S. Marine Corps Recruiting Station from the city.

“This is a slap in the face to all brave service men and women and their families. The First Amendment gives the City of Berkeley the right to be idiotic, but from now on they should do it with their own money. If the city can’t show respect for the Marines that have fought, bled and died for their freedom, Berkeley should not be receiving special taxpayer funded handouts. I am currently drafting legislation to ensure that American taxpayers aren’t forced to pay for this insult by rescinding all of the earmarks for Berkeley in the Omnibus Appropriations bill, and to transfer the funds to the Marine Corps.”

According to news reports:

The [Berkeley] City Council has voted to tell the Marines their downtown recruiting station is not welcome and "if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome guests." The measure passed this week by a vote of 8-1. The council also voted to explore enforcing a city anti-discrimination law, focusing on the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. In a separate item, the council voted, also 8-1, to give protest group Code Pink a parking space in front of the recruiting office once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I was just going to post that...Michelle has that from DeMint, and a letter from the American Legion also..http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/31...mint-weigh-in/

I agree...and when they have a disaster of any sort....they should call on the Code Pinkos for help...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let those fuckers know what you think

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

QUOTE=stephanie;193902]the Berkekey KKKcouncil hard at work...

By Doug Oakley
    STAFF WRITER

Article Launched: 01/30/2008 01:48:16 PM PST

Hey-hey, ho-ho, the Marines in Berkeley have got to go.
    That's the message from the Berkeley City Council, which voted 8-1 Tuesday night to tell the Marines that its Shattuck Avenue recruiting station "is not welcome in the city, and if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome intruders."

In addition, the council voted to explore enforcing its law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation against the Marines, and officially encouraged the women's peace group Code Pink to impede the work of the Marines in the city by protesting in front of the station.

In a separate council item, the council voted 8-1 to give Code Pink a designated parking space in front of the recruiting station once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week from noon to 4 p.m.

Councilman Gordon Wozniak voted no on both items.

The Marines have been in Berkeley for a little more than a year, having moved from Alameda in December of 2006. For about the past four months, Code Pink has been protesting in front of the station.

lots of comments with article..
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...nclick_check=1[/QUOTE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know anything about him but right now, I think I will vote for Jim DeMint for President, 2008.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I don't know anything about him but right now, I think I will vote for Jim DeMint for President, 2008.

Immie
    You and me both, Immie.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey