Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    our troops were here and there we three successfull attacks in a decade....
    that is what i am saying. if we couldn't stop it with our guys here then, how could we now? i mean i know that we are paying better attention to certain activities but still....

and were we going after terrorist training camps as hard as we are now though back then?
    Last edited by Monkeybone; 01-31-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    that is what i am saying. if we couldn't stop it with our guys here then, how could we now? i mean i know that we are paying better attention to certain activities but still....

and were we going after terrorist training camps as hard as we are now though back then?
    you can not stop a determined terrorist....just look at crime i would gues more US citizens and cops have died than the 4,000 military to date in iraq....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    Standard US policy is to soften up you intended target with air power. I do believe the Air Force and the Navy are supporting the errorts in the ME but not with the majority of their forces. And the majority of the troops being used from those are the Special Forces. We have the ability to strike back anywhere in the world and do it immediately. There are wings of aircraft just waiting to fly around the world and drop the most accurate munitions known to man.

AF
    Yea, The Air Force kicks ass!
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Yea, The Air Force kicks ass!
    You mean the ARMY AIR CORPS? Yep they kick ASS. The new Air Force are weenies!
    Last edited by Mr. P; 01-31-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First off. No country in the world could successfully invade the US. We can only be attacked through terror actions. And that can be reduced through intelligence, things such as wire tapping and interrogations. The very things our enemies want us to stop doing. Think about that.

Our military is currently taking on our enemies where they live. Preventing them from planning, training and equipping themselves. It keeps them off balance and we don't have to fight them here, allowing everyone here to go about their normal lives.

The only reason the illegals invasion has taken place is because it has been allowed too. Greed on the part of a few in power has made it possible. But it's not a military threat. we don't need to worry about invasion, just being sold out.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    First off. No country in the world could successfully invade the US. We can only be attacked through terror actions. And that can be reduced through intelligence, things such as wire tapping and interrogations. The very things our enemies want us to stop doing. Think about that.

Our military is currently taking on our enemies where they live. Preventing them from planning, training and equipping themselves. It keeps them off balance and we don't have to fight them here, allowing everyone here to go about their normal lives.

The only reason the illegals invasion has taken place is because it has been allowed too. Greed on the part of a few in power has made it possible. But it's not a military threat. we don't need to worry about invasion, just being sold out.
    I wonder how may AQ operatives could get into America if they called themselves Pedro and came in from Mexico ostensibly to pick vegetables?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    having troops here would simply give us more options to retaliate to it. Like as said in the first post, lucky for us no ones gona be invading us anytime soon or this would be a problem.
    Retaliate by attacking what? The Democrat controlled Congress?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucky the chance of us really being attacked is low but if we were, we would hafta pull the troops from iraq and end it to fight another war.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080131/...8RN4vNj0UDW7oF

Thank President Clinton. It was his wonderful insight to gut the miliary when he was in office. Thats the military Bush inherited and has had to use during the war.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I wonder how may AQ operatives could get into America if they called themselves Pedro and came in from Mexico ostensibly to pick vegetables?
    They are already doing that. Not just AQ but hamas, hezbollah and iranians as well. Not as invaders but as terrorists.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An attack, as in a bomb detonated or planes flown into buildings does not require an invasion. We couldn't respond with a ground war in the country supporting it without open troops to send.
    A well regulated militia being necessary....

While the General does have some chops, the article makes it sound like the local reserves and guard are second and third string players in a semi-pro league.

Taint so. Speaking only for the Marine Reserve, they have the gear, and the Reservists are held to nearly the same standard as the Active Duty folks. I know this from personal experience since I spent two tours on I&I duty training Reservists to the same standard. During those tours someone found out that I was reasonably good at what I do. So I got drafted to conduct MORDTS at other units.

Since my retirement, my daughters' reserve unit has been to Iraq twice as a unit and had several volunteers go on thier third tours.

I pity the fool that tries to invade Texas.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    You mean the ARMY AIR CORPS? Yep they kick ASS. The new Air Force are weenies!
    I'm no expert so I wouldn't know so how would a Black Hawk do against an F-22 in a dogfight?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    A well regulated militia being necessary....

While the General does have some chops, the article makes it sound like the local reserves and guard are second and third string players in a semi-pro league.

Taint so. Speaking only for the Marine Reserve, they have the gear, and the Reservists are held to nearly the same standard as the Active Duty folks. I know this from personal experience since I spent two tours on I&I duty training Reservists to the same standard. During those tours someone found out that I was reasonably good at what I do. So I got drafted to conduct MORDTS at other units.

Since my retirement, my daughters' reserve unit has been to Iraq twice as a unit and had several volunteers go on thier third tours.

I pity the fool that tries to invade Texas.
    Feels to me like they already invaded. Do we win if we convert them all to Americans ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Thank President Clinton. It was his wonderful insight to gut the miliary when he was in office. Thats the military Bush inherited and has had to use during the war.
    Billy Bob seriously hurt San Antonio and many other cities with the multiple base closings. What antimilitary people don't get is the value the research that goes into military hardware translates and contributes to civilian use. The military is also a huge employer that almost anyone can get a job with and come out a better person than when they went in. Ad the amazing contributions to medicine and anyone should understand what an asset the military is without even considering that they defend this country and it's interests without question and with incredible precision.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the real issue here, which is that the USA is not fully prepared to fight a war against WMDs. And frankly I’m not sure anyone knows how to do that except to avoid it by keeping the heat on those who would use those type of weapons, which is exactly what we have done in Iraq and are preparing to do in Iran.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has commented on the real issue here, which is that the USA is not fully prepared to fight a war against WMDs. And frankly I’m not sure anyone knows how to do that except to avoid it by keeping the heat on those who would use those type of weapons, which is exactly what we have done in Iraq and are preparing to do in Iran.
    That was an excellent point!