Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Originally Posted by pegwinn
    Why should a state get fed money to establish a state only NG? I don't mind donating to Texas, but why should CA get any of my money?
    Why do states get federal money for roads, social programs, librarys etc, that argument holds no weight, Whoa Grasshopper. Every federal dollar comes with a string attached. Enough of those strings create a noose. The feds use money to bribe the states to do it the feds way. CIP: Road $$ are tied to the state drinking age and speed limits. Before you spout off, be sure you are conversant. The federal mission of the national guard makes them unable to compleatly deal with a natural disaster, the national guard should be disolved and purely state ran national guard should be set up. The Federal Mission is why the fed supports 50% of the NG at all times and 100% when federalized. If you want a purely state run agency you will have to pay for it out of state funds.
    Nice try. BLNT.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Nice try. BLNT.
    So what is the noose for librarys, social programs, capital projects (like bridges etc, maybe thoes things are paid for by the states. Maybe the states should poney up the other 50% and take all control away from the feds and the feds can fight there own wars and the states could institute there own training programs then the national guard would truely be a milita again. I dont know why this has never been done by any state governor, are they all just to greedy to give up the 50%.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    So what is the noose for librarys, social programs, capital projects (like bridges etc, maybe thoes things are paid for by the states. Maybe the states should poney up the other 50% and take all control away from the feds and the feds can fight there own wars and the states could institute there own training programs then the national guard would truely be a milita again. I dont know why this has never been done by any state governor, are they all just to greedy to give up the 50%.
    Let em pony it up. Each state is supposed to be soviering. But, like kids, they want money. As to the libraries, social programs, etc...... You brought it up, you need to look it up and learn it for yourself.

Honestly RP, you may be well educated, but you do not appear to be well informed on how your own nation is supposed to be governed. You need to bone up on history, politics, and the side-by-side march of each.

Here is an online preview of a book you might look into.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Let em pony it up. Each state is supposed to be soviering. But, like kids, they want money. As to the libraries, social programs, etc...... You brought it up, you need to look it up and learn it for yourself.

Honestly RP, you may be well educated, but you do not appear to be well informed on how your own nation is supposed to be governed. You need to bone up on history, politics, and the side-by-side march of each.

Here is an online preview of a book you might look into.
    I would wager to guess that states lost there sovernty with the creation of the IRS, the states can no longer impose enough meaningful taxation without huge economic ression (ie people no longer have any money to buy anything becasue they are being extorted by the IRS and trying to support there state in a meaningfull manner.