Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bush Turning His Back On Soldiers Abroad And At Home

Another “slam-dunk” for the neocons. Check it out, it bleeds and demands only minimal attention.

It's no secret that President Bush has long turned his back on the soldiers fighting his war of choice in Iraq. Many of our soldiers are still buying their own body armor, even after a secret Pentagon study showed that many of the marines killed in Iraq by upper-body wounds might have survived had they worn more extensive armor.
    This is unconscionable.

As a result of this and other acts of callous disregard for life, more than 3,000 troops have died. The fallen heroes include National Guard Sgt. John Ogburn III of Fruitland, Idaho, Marine Private First Class Brent Vroman of Oshkosh, Wis., Army Reserve Capt. Paul J. Cassidy of Laingsburg, Mich., and National Guard Sgt. Bill Normandy of Augusta, Ga. - all proud public employees and AFSCME members.

Bush has also turned his back on many of the more than 23,000 soldiers who have been wounded in Iraq - particularly those who need care in state-run veterans' homes. These nursing homes provide services that our vets rely on, at a cost that's shared by the state and federal governments.

Sadly, the Bush administration proposed cutting a chunk of the federal funding for those veterans who are receiving assisted-living services in the homes. The proposal would have left up to 80 percent of the vets with nowhere to go.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gerald...n_b_40836.html

I just don’t get it when it comes to alleged conservative ideology and their treatment of our very best. Maybe I’m missing something?

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin’

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Another “slam-dunk” for the neocons. Check it out, it bleeds and demands only minimal attention.

It's no secret that President Bush has long turned his back on the soldiers fighting his war of choice in Iraq. Many of our soldiers are still buying their own body armor, even after a secret Pentagon study showed that many of the marines killed in Iraq by upper-body wounds might have survived had they worn more extensive armor.
    This is unconscionable.

As a result of this and other acts of callous disregard for life, more than 3,000 troops have died. The fallen heroes include National Guard Sgt. John Ogburn III of Fruitland, Idaho, Marine Private First Class Brent Vroman of Oshkosh, Wis., Army Reserve Capt. Paul J. Cassidy of Laingsburg, Mich., and National Guard Sgt. Bill Normandy of Augusta, Ga. - all proud public employees and AFSCME members.

Bush has also turned his back on many of the more than 23,000 soldiers who have been wounded in Iraq - particularly those who need care in state-run veterans' homes. These nursing homes provide services that our vets rely on, at a cost that's shared by the state and federal governments.

Sadly, the Bush administration proposed cutting a chunk of the federal funding for those veterans who are receiving assisted-living services in the homes. The proposal would have left up to 80 percent of the vets with nowhere to go.

I just don’t get it when it comes to alleged conservative ideology and their treatment of our very best. Maybe I’m missing something?

Psychoblues

Yeah, you're missing a brain. Or maybe you're missing the part where this issue has been a non-player for several years?

So now President Bush himself is in charge of manufacturing and supply, huh? Lay off the wacky-tobacky, dude.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Psychoblues - you aren't a veteran of any military service; why would you spread lies and mis-information like you are? What benefit is yours for furthing this kinda stuff?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush is the "Decider" and obviously he has decided to shat upon the Veterans. You got a comment or an opinion? Probably not. This is, like you say, a several year conversation, but to the detriment of your assertions Bush has tried to build a strong military while constantly cutting if not completely annilating the benefits and care that the United States Of America has promised it's Veterans. If you are healthy, great, have a good life, if you are not as a result of your combat and/or military experience then fuck you is the policy. This argument has been played out over and over again. It is always the "conservatives" that undermine and subvert the issues and concerns of the "Veterans". Maybe you need to pay better attention or at least take a course in American Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah, you're missing a brain. Or maybe you're missing the part where this issue has been a non-player for several years?

So now President Bush himself is in charge of manufacturing and supply, huh? Lay off the wacky-tobacky, dude.
    Get a life, Gunny.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dmp, you are a liar. I am a very Proud Veteran. Why do you dispel lies and mis-information?

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Psychoblues - you aren't a veteran of any military service; why would you spread lies and mis-information like you are? What benefit is yours for furthing this kinda stuff?
    I have a right to my opinion and my searches for truth and information. You have no rights to your lies and I can only sympathize with your misunderstanding and otherwise ignorance.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckkin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

dmp, you are a liar. I am a very Proud Veteran. Why do you dispel lies and mis-information?

Obviously a trip to www.dictionary.com is in order:
    dis·pel /dɪˈspɛl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-spel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb (used with object), -pelled, -pel·ling.
    1. to drive off in various directions; disperse; dissipate: to dispel the dense fog.
    2. to cause to vanish; alleviate: to dispel her fears.
    Guess that two-syllable word is one syllable too many for ya,' huh?

I have a right to my opinion and my searches for truth and information. You have no rights to your lies and I can only sympathize with your misunderstanding and otherwise ignorance.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckkin'
    You have no right to waste bandwidth with obvious drivel.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gee what a great source psycho....Huffington's joke site!

For those wondering, the ultra left wing filth that regurgitated that crap psycho decided to quote is this clown.....

Gerald W. McEntee is the International President of the 1.4 million-member American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), one of the most aggressive and politically active organizing unions in the AFL-CIO. Since 1998, nearly 250,000 public service workers have joined AFSCME through organizing campaigns. McEntee was first elected AFSCME President in 1981 and was re-elected in June 2004 to another four-year term.

As a Vice President of the AFL-CIO, a member of its Executive Council and chair of the Political Education Committee, McEntee is a key leader of the labor movement and its political program. Under McEntee’s leadership, the federation created its highly successful and much imitated voter education campaigns, which helped increase the number of union household voters to a record 26 percent of the electorate in 2000 (up from 19 percent in 1992).

McEntee has long been a leader in the fight to reform the nation’s health care system. President Clinton named McEntee to serve on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Quality and Consumer Protection in the Health Care Industry in 1997.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know exactly who the man is. You have an argument with his perviews then give it. Attacking the messenger or the message just don't cut in THIS America.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Gee what a great source psycho....Huffington's joke site!

For those wondering, the ultra left wing filth that regurgitated that crap psycho decided to quote is this clown.....

Gerald W. McEntee is the International President of the 1.4 million-member American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), one of the most aggressive and politically active organizing unions in the AFL-CIO. Since 1998, nearly 250,000 public service workers have joined AFSCME through organizing campaigns. McEntee was first elected AFSCME President in 1981 and was re-elected in June 2004 to another four-year term.

As a Vice President of the AFL-CIO, a member of its Executive Council and chair of the Political Education Committee, McEntee is a key leader of the labor movement and its political program. Under McEntee’s leadership, the federation created its highly successful and much imitated voter education campaigns, which helped increase the number of union household voters to a record 26 percent of the electorate in 2000 (up from 19 percent in 1992).

McEntee has long been a leader in the fight to reform the nation’s health care system. President Clinton named McEntee to serve on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Quality and Consumer Protection in the Health Care Industry in 1997.
    Why do neocons attack the messengers while ignoring the message? The punk-asses in prison do pretty much the same.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I know exactly who the man is. You have an argument with his perviews then give it. Attacking the messenger or the message just don't cut in THIS America.

Why do neocons attack the messengers while ignoring the message? The punk-asses in prison do pretty much the same.

Psychoblues

Is this supposed to be a joke, or what? You post absolute garbage, then when anyone bothers to refute it, you attack that person. Pretty-much every single time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Psychoblues

Pointing out that the writer is Vice President of the AFL-CIO and trying to reform the Health care industry is attacking the messager? Dang, I didnt realize you thought those things were such insults...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Pointing out that the writer is Vice President of the AFL-CIO and trying to reform the Health care industry is attacking the messager? Dang, I didnt realize you thought those things were such insults...
    He's probably going to tell you he IS the VP of the AFL-CIO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

This is unconscionable.

Psychoblues

More of the same bullshit from the same windbag.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The prez, not being a Veteran himself or one pre-disposed to understand the plights of the common pawns of American Military/Industrial wrong-headed approaches to world wide politics and policies is also not likely to comprehend or even consider the problems of the Veterans at Walter Reed Hospital. I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    More of the same bullshit from the same windbag.....
    You got more for me or would you rather comment on the subject at hand?
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 02-23-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The prez, not being a Veteran himself or one pre-disposed to understand the plights of the common pawns of American Military/Industrial wrong-headed approaches to world wide politics and policies is also not likely to comprehend or even consider the problems of the Veterans at Walter Reed Hospital. I'll give him that.

So I guess the National Guard isn't part of the military now huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You ARE the subject at hand!