Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I gotta ask.... Did you get any sleep last night watching the game? A certain young man you know very well was a little upset!!!!! I think he's dong better today!!! Anyway sory for your luck I know how much you enjoy the Patriots.... Have a great day...
    The game came on at 8 in the morning on Monday. I waS UP TILL 4 am drinking beer (don't tell Kim) and got about 3 1/2 hours sleep before the game. I was going to go the the day room and watch it on the big screen with a bunch of guys but never made it off the recliner in my room.

Jake was worried he was going to get a bunch of shit at school. I told him to have thick skin and tell all the Colts fans their team didn't even get past the divisional round.

Later
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a die-hard Raiders fan going all the way back to the AFL days, the defeat of Brady and the Pat's, was in some indirect way, a soothing balm to me for the old, "Tuck Rule", that saved the Patriot's behinds years ago, sending them to the Super Bowl and the Oakland Raiders home for the season.

Also, Eli Manning has gotten so much guff and criticism which was probably more than normal, when your older bro is a super bowl winning quarterback.

It was great to see Eli, come on strong in the latter part of the season, and see those Giants win one road/away game after another in very hostile conditions........Weather (Green Bay), Crowds (Dallas).

I'm not down-playing the Pat's as a good team. They are something else. I just get tired of the media's frenzy at pushing infallibility on the Patriots.

Good old, hardnosed, aggressive defense from the Giants prevailed.
    Regards, Eightballsidepocket

"Nothing should be said anonymously behind a P.C., that can't be respectfully said in person"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I came across this and thought it nice:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...reg&id=3222397

Thursday, January 31, 2008
    Source of inspiration: Injured soldier produces Giant emotions
    By Greg Garber
    ESPN.com

Greg Gadson
    The Giants and coach Tom Coughlin (right) have rallied around Iraqi war veteran Greg Gadson.

PHOENIX -- To date, the United States has 3,940 confirmed deaths in Iraq. Back in May, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Greg Gadson, a battalion leader, very nearly found himself on that list. An IED (improvised explosive device) thoroughly shattered his body. Only 70 pints of blood, the exceptional field work of men in his 1st Infantry Division and the skill of doctors saved his life.

His legs weren't so fortunate.

The New York Giants, however, consider themselves blessed to have made this double-amputee's acquaintance. They credit Gadson, who played football at Army with New York wide receivers coach Mike Sullivan, with helping to salvage their season and making it something approaching superb. His stirring pregame speeches and his living example of courage and perseverance have inspired them all the way to Super Bowl XLII.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read about him. They really credit him with turning around their season.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    I read about him. They really credit him with turning around their season.
    Well it would have been more timely last week, but I just saw it today.