Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Suggestion for the board?

Where would I go if I wanted to make suggestion that in my opinion would improve the forum?

Well I suppose I'll just make my suggestion known now. This forum has too many sub forums. I think you guys could consolidate them and significantly increase the efficiency with which people read the site and increase traffic...

For instance, why can't humor be in the lounge? Is humor not also considered fun chat?

I think one off topic lounge would be the best. Have all the food, music, movies, humor, etc. all in one forum. I've seen a similar site where this is the case and it's MUCH easier to use. I'd recommend consolidating the political boards as well. Of course you wouldn't have to consolidate it into one but maybe you could group it into just 3 or 4 at most.

1. Foreign affairs
    2. Domestic affairs (this would include economics)
    3. Philosophical/Religious/Idealistic Debates

I know not everyone likes change and a few people might not like this idea but I seriously think that most of you would come to enjoy these changes if they did occur. Having too many sub forums makes it take much longer to browse the topics and often topics don't get replied to for this reason. Who has the time to check EVERY single forum here? I know I don't.

Thanks for considering my ideas (hopefully)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Where would I go if I wanted to make suggestion that in my opinion would improve the forum?
    I guess right where you have is as good a place as any!

I'm always open to suggestions, and I'll allow this thread to remain and hopefully we'll receive input from the rest of the board. I usually let the members themselves dictate the structure, and through feedback I have it the way the members have requested. Almost every 'chat' type of forum has been specifically requested by a number of members. As for the political side, my opinion is that its best to keep them separated. While the board is in the beginning stages, you may not see the benefits, but once thousands of posts start to pile up it becomes much easier to find and engage in your preferred discussion.

Also, just an Fyi, one can always click on "New Posts" at the top of the board when logging in. This will list all new posts since your last login, without having to go through the various forums.

Input from others?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Would you please change the background from blue to white?
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don’t want to see less forum topics. I think they maintain order, like a chest of drawers. I don’t want to open a drawer for a pair of underpants and have to dig though all my socks to find them.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I don’t want to see less forum topics. I think they maintain order, like a chest of drawers. I don’t want to open a drawer for a pair of underpants and have to dig though all my socks to find them.
    I agree.

Also, I think it actually takes me less time to browse the way it is set up now. I can avoid forums (forii?) that do not interest me. If many of them are lumped into the Lounge, they are essentially now in the way. Like socks in my undies drawer, as a wise man once said.

I do like Mr. P's suggestion elsewhere that the smilies stay in a constant order, with the most frequently used on the first page. Sometimes I have to make two or three pases to find the one I want. If they stay in one place, I will know where to find it.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I agree.

Also, I think it actually takes me less time to browse the way it is set up now. I can avoid forums (forii?) that do not interest me. If many of them are lumped into the Lounge, they are essentially now in the way. Like socks in my undies drawer, as a wise man once said.

I do like Mr. P's suggestion elsewhere that the smilies stay in a constant order, with the most frequently used on the first page. Sometimes I have to make two or three pases to find the one I want. If they stay in one place, I will know where to find it.
    Yep... I agree with all this. I usually just look under "new posts," so the forum divisions aren't a big deal to me. But, the smilies are hard to find!
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally like the way the site is setup. For me...I usually dont stray too far up the board and like all of the topics sepetated so I can just go to the ones I want to participate in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I suppose I'll just make my suggestion known now. This forum has too many sub forums. I think you guys could consolidate them and significantly increase the efficiency with which people read the site and increase traffic...

For instance, why can't humor be in the lounge? Is humor not also considered fun chat?

I think one off topic lounge would be the best. Have all the food, music, movies, humor, etc. all in one forum. I've seen a similar site where this is the case and it's MUCH easier to use. I'd recommend consolidating the political boards as well. Of course you wouldn't have to consolidate it into one but maybe you could group it into just 3 or 4 at most.

1. Foreign affairs
    2. Domestic affairs (this would include economics)
    3. Philosophical/Religious/Idealistic Debates

I know not everyone likes change and a few people might not like this idea but I seriously think that most of you would come to enjoy these changes if they did occur. Having too many sub forums makes it take much longer to browse the topics and often topics don't get replied to for this reason. Who has the time to check EVERY single forum here? I know I don't.

Thanks for considering my ideas (hopefully)

Phooey. The boards set up perfectly fine where it is.. The "Lounge" is great for things that don't fit in any of the other listed forums.

I also don't think anyone checks every single forum.. They merely check for new threads in the forums that appeal most to them.. I, for one, don't bother with the "Outdoor" (or whatever) thread, nor do I bother with "Sports", and having to weed through all that shit in the "Lounge" would be a PITA, and probably not worth my time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Phooey. The boards set up perfectly fine where it is.. The "Lounge" is great for things that don't fit in any of the other listed forums.

I also don't think anyone checks every single forum.. They merely check for new threads in the forums that appeal most to them.. I, for one, don't bother with the "Outdoor" (or whatever) thread, nor do I bother with "Sports", and having to weed through all that shit in the "Lounge" would be a PITA, and probably not worth my time.
    I see where you are coming from. But if meaningful thread titles are given to the threads then there would be no problem for you to navigate and find topics that interest you.

For example, say you like food and music but not sports. You can easily tell from the titles within the lounge which threads interest you.

But it looks like I'm in the minority on this one...BUT I have seen this type of setup work on a MUCH larger forum and find it to be more efficient. And it would stand to reason that it would be even more manageable on a smaller forum like this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see where you are coming from. But if meaningful thread titles are given to the threads then there would be no problem for you to navigate and find topics that interest you.

For example, say you like food and music but not sports. You can easily tell from the titles within the lounge which threads interest you.

But it looks like I'm in the minority on this one...BUT I have seen this type of setup work on a MUCH larger forum and find it to be more efficient. And it would stand to reason that it would be even more manageable on a smaller forum like this one.
    Hit the "new posts" button and your problems will be solved. I think this makes 3 people who've told you this now. Seriously, everything condensed into one selection to quickly skim over.
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I don't want to open a drawer for socks and find my old drawers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't want to open a drawer for socks and find my old drawers.
    They should be in the trash anyway. Speaking of, you changed your mind about the ethical stuff I see and came over to the bright side.

BTW...Nice to see you.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 02-21-2007 at 09:10 PM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

They should be in the trash anyway. Speaking of, you changed your mind about the ethical stuff I see and came over to the bright side.

BTW...Nice to see you.
    It appears that ethics only matters if you suck up to the head bitch-mod, something that I've never been able to do.

Nice to be back, thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Hit the "new posts" button and your problems will be solved. I think this makes 3 people who've told you this now. Seriously, everything condensed into one selection to quickly skim over.
    Right

I got that

But for your casual forum user, I think it makes it much easier to consolidate the forums into fewer sub forums

You can all call me idiots. I'm just trying to give some positive input. BTW Clay I always liked your posts from the "other" forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right

I got that

But for your casual forum user, I think it makes it much easier to consolidate the forums into fewer sub forums

You can all call me idiots. I'm just trying to give some positive input. BTW Clay I always liked your posts from the "other" forum
    We hate n3wbs here anyways, so it's all good.
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.