Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default I Just Got A McCain Robo Call

Weird. He asks that I consider that he will close the borders first, that he's all over the War on Terror, he will appoint judges like Alito and Roberts. Nothing on Global Warming, Amnesty, or 1st Amendment. But was certainly not confrontational.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Weird. He asks that I consider that he will close the borders first, that he's all over the War on Terror, he will appoint judges like Alito and Roberts. Nothing on Global Warming, Amnesty, or 1st Amendment. But was certainly not confrontational.
    Oh just wait...it gets better. I got calls from John, his wife, Cindy, as well as calls from Mitt, his wife, former governor Pete Wilson, Ahnold, operatives for Mitt and John. I'm just glad our primary is over so the calls will end.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Oh just wait...it gets better. I got calls from John, his wife, Cindy, as well as calls from Mitt, his wife, former governor Pete Wilson, Ahnold, operatives for Mitt and John. I'm just glad our primary is over so the calls will end.
    Mine is over. They must have a list of active Republicans that they are projecting are questionable on McCain. I think this is part of the effort to 'reach out' to 'the conservatives.' Problem is, the 'calm down' nonsense in the media. An auto call after that just doesn't cut it, doubt it would have changed my mind in any case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys actually listen to those kind of calls?

I recently got Caller ID and now when it says "political call" when the phone rings it keeps ringing until the answering service takes over. If it say "unknown caller" or something like that it too goes to the answering service. If per se I do pick up the phone, the second I hear, "Hi! I'm John McCain" or something similar the line goes dead as I hang up on it.

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway? Even worse, they don't have the decency to do it with a real person so that I can tell them not to call my house again. They have to tape it and make me listen to some robotic voice and they have the gall to expect me to listen to a ten minute spiel of lies? Even more irritating are the calls that we are getting now that say, "Please hold for an important message from John McCain"! BS if you think I'm holding for a message from him!

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 02-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post

I recently got Caller ID and now when it says "political call" when the phone rings it keeps ringing until the answering service takes over. If it say "unknown caller" or something like that it too goes to the answering service. If per se I do pick up the phone, the second I hear, "Hi! I'm John McCain" or something similar the line goes dead as I hang up on it.

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway?

Immie
    LOL! Right now I want to hear everything I can from McCain. I'm looking to see if he actually 'reaches out.' Somehow I doubt it, but interesting to get the call the day after the primary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got one from sheriff joe arpaio,

Mine is over. They must have a list of active Republicans that they are projecting are questionable on McCain. I think this is part of the effort to 'reach out' to 'the conservatives.' Problem is, the 'calm down' nonsense in the media. An auto call after that just doesn't cut it, doubt it would have changed my mind in any case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL! Right now I want to hear everything I can from McCain. I'm looking to see if he actually 'reaches out.' Somehow I doubt it, but interesting to get the call the day after the primary.
    The way I see it, I will wait to start listening more closely once the conventions are over and we know who exactly is running and what lies... um did I say that? they are running on. They only say what they think the most people who are listening at that time want to hear anyway.

When will Obama start claiming... "I'm a uniter not a divider"? Hell, it worked for GWB, why wouldn't it work for Obama?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway? Even worse, they don't have the decency to do it with a real person so that I can tell them not to call my house again. They have to tape it and make me listen to some robotic voice and they have the gall to expect me to listen to a ten minute spiel of lies? Even more irritating are the calls that we are getting now that say, "Please hold for an important message from John McCain"! BS if you think I'm holding for a message from him!

Immie
    I have caller ID as well, when I listened to them it was via my answering machine...while I was doing something else...in another room.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we got five calls from dems .... wife and i are registered pubs.....idiots

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I have caller ID as well, when I listened to them it was via my answering machine...while I was doing something else...in another room.
    Same here..three yesterday..two from Mitt, one from John.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never get any calls here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Never get any calls here.
    Cause they don't care about you. But we do!

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I got a sneaky one from Ron Paul. It didn't say who was calling, but asked me what I considered the most important issue, and when I chose it, it turned into a "Ron Paul is the best candidate to fight against issue "x" message. Honestly, I felt tricked, and it made me really dislike him.

On the other hand, I received an upfront call from Duncan Hunter after he dropped out of the race, thanking me very genuinely for my support, and telling me that he will continue to fight for conservative issues.

What a difference...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey