Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The methodology of the conservative right seems to be: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. It's the same tactic they use against Evolution ("It's only a theory!" as if that really mattered in the argument. Hint: Yes, it's a theory. We know this. Either give an alternative, testable, falsifiable hypothesis or STFU). Global Warming is also under attack from the same people using the same methods. "They don't even agree what causes Global Warming! We found this one guy who..." Yes, you're right. There are several theories that are bandied about regarding the origin of Global Warming. Several are anthropogenic based, others are based on things like Solar activity. However, Solar activity based-global warming has been largely dismissed (we'd be seeing warming of all bodies in the solar system, which we are mostly not). If you don't think humans can't mess up an ecosystem or environment, please get yourself to the Ogalala Aquifer and ask the geologists about contamination of the ground water from pesticides and pollutants, merely in the past hundred years or so. We can have a huge impact on our systems that may take decades, centuries, or even millenia to play out. To just go around saying "lalala it doesn't make any difference" smacks of willful ignorance.

Here's a change in thought: Why would it be so bad to explore alternative energy because, you know, it's cool? Ignore the environmental aspects at the moment. What if you had a house that was completely off the grid and powered completely by the sun, wind, and geothermal? What if your car ran on water? That sounds cool, to me, and that's without bringing any of the so-called environmental benefits into the conversation. The cries of "I've been telling people for years that it's all bullshit!" are just rationalizations to not accept change and new technologies and it's a stubbornness that might just cost us more than $4/gallon gasoline and increasing cancer rates (or whatever disease of the month is being touted as proof of whatever). I've been telling people for years that Kate Moss is in love with me, and yet that doesn't make it true.

Drive your hummer. Enjoy your gasoline.
    If you were me, you'd be good looking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAngelicus View Post
    The methodology of the conservative right seems to be: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. It's the same tactic they use against Evolution ("It's only a theory!" as if that really mattered in the argument. Hint: Yes, it's a theory. We know this. Either give an alternative, testable, falsifiable hypothesis or STFU). Global Warming is also under attack from the same people using the same methods. "They don't even agree what causes Global Warming! We found this one guy who..." Yes, you're right. There are several theories that are bandied about regarding the origin of Global Warming. Several are anthropogenic based, others are based on things like Solar activity. However, Solar activity based-global warming has been largely dismissed (we'd be seeing warming of all bodies in the solar system, which we are mostly not). If you don't think humans can't mess up an ecosystem or environment, please get yourself to the Ogalala Aquifer and ask the geologists about contamination of the ground water from pesticides and pollutants, merely in the past hundred years or so. We can have a huge impact on our systems that may take decades, centuries, or even millenia to play out. To just go around saying "lalala it doesn't make any difference" smacks of willful ignorance.

Here's a change in thought: Why would it be so bad to explore alternative energy because, you know, it's cool? Ignore the environmental aspects at the moment. What if you had a house that was completely off the grid and powered completely by the sun, wind, and geothermal? What if your car ran on water? That sounds cool, to me, and that's without bringing any of the so-called environmental benefits into the conversation. The cries of "I've been telling people for years that it's all bullshit!" are just rationalizations to not accept change and new technologies and it's a stubbornness that might just cost us more than $4/gallon gasoline and increasing cancer rates (or whatever disease of the month is being touted as proof of whatever). I've been telling people for years that Kate Moss is in love with me, and yet that doesn't make it true.

Wow. You've opened my eyes. I had no idea pesticides contaminated ground water. Would that be an anthropogenic cause? That's such a big word, hep me out won't ya?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAngelicus View Post

Even in the face of verifiable facts and evidence that a coming ice age is more likely than a warmer climate, there is still frothing at the mouth, moonbat, lunatics out there regurgitating the same old stale crap al bore tries to pass off as somehow viable, all unproven. Amazing...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not worried about any global cooling either. It was 95 degrees in Austin yesterday. Yikes !

A nutcase will do nutty things.