Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
    Are you guys 12 years old? Because if you're my age (40's) or older you've seen global warming during your lifetime, particularly if you live anywhere in the north. Duh!

And if you think reducing greenhouse gasses ISN'T a good idea you are idiots.
    Yes, but is it man made?
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I live quite north. things are as cold as they have ever been.

How exactly do you see global warming? And more to the point how do you reduce greenhouse gases that are released simply because we exist?
    Global warming is a bad term. It doesn't mean it's warmer temperatures everywhere all the time. It should more accurately be called "global climatic disruption" and it is happening everywhere.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    There's NO way you are over 40. That's a hoot.
    Upon what do you base this assumption, Einstein? And don't say the maturity of my posts, because you would be a fetus if that were the criteria.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Yes, but is it man made?
    Let's see-----massive pollution............rapid change in climate patterns............Duh!

Or we could just trust the oil interests.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Let's see-----massive pollution............rapid change in climate patterns............Duh!

Or we could just trust the oil interests.
    Just because two things happen at the same time does not mean that one is caused by the other. They may be two unrelated events that happen to be occuring at the same time.

The Medieval Warm Period also produced global scale warming, but hundreds of years before the Industrial Revolution.

The climate of the Earth has changed drastically over the past million or so years. We did have several ice ages, the last one ended about 10,000 years ago. So obviously, there was global warming 10,000 years ago.

By the way, America is one of the cleanest countries on Earth. China and India are huge polluters and are not being pressured into doing anything about this problem... maybe you ought to be arguing with them about it.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Upon what do you base this assumption, Einstein? And don't say the maturity of my posts, because you would be a fetus if that were the criteria.
    This is what I do when I want to get a point across....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Just because two things happen at the same time does not mean that one is caused by the other. They may be two unrelated events that happen to be occuring at the same time.
    My wife is a high level scientist, therefore I associate with many scientists on a regular basis and they all think it's manmade. Maybe they're stupid.

But I think better safe than sorry, if it is manmade, reduce emissions. If it's not manmade and we reduce emissions, no harm done.

To say it "might" not be manmade as an excuse not to reduce emissions, and to keep polluting indiscriminately because it "might" be natural is lazy.

You are definitely right about the major threat from India and China. And while America may be a somewhat clean country we still use massive percentages of resources per capita compared to the rest of the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My wife is a high level scientist, therefore I associate with many scientists on a regular basis and they all think it's manmade. Maybe they're stupid.

But I think better safe than sorry, if it is manmade, reduce emissions. If it's not manmade and we reduce emissions, no harm done.

To say it "might" not be manmade as an excuse not to reduce emissions, and to keep polluting indiscriminately because it "might" be natural is lazy.

You are definitely right about the major threat from India and China. And while America may be a somewhat clean country we still use massive percentages of resources per capita compared to the rest of the world.
    true ... in 10 years china will pass us by and then you can complain about them ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Let's just be grateful that the environmentalist wackos haven't taken their CO2 is evil concept to its logical conclusion. Because the only way to eliminate CO2 from the air is mass genocide of human beings.
    They're getting there ! Cigarette smokers are already the "fags" of the New Age Religion. We have our own "pews" we have to smoke in already and people scowl when I light up. (and I was born to be a smoker too!)