Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    Dick Mackey was my CO back when he was just an Captain on the Eisenhower (CVN-69) He was a total obnoxious prick then and I am surprised it took the Navy as long as it did to boot his gnarly ass. As I can recall, after he was asked to retire, they found out that he had been porking his female enlisted yeoman and had used military aircraft to fly her to San Diego and other places for hot rendezvous (his wife was a total hog, so I guess there was a degree of motivation)....I think he may have lost a star in retirement and made to pay back the cost of those flights..... he was THE worst, most arrogant skipper I EVER had.
    Only lost a star? That breaks my heart when Marines get court martialed for adultery. Oh well, he wasn't impeached. And.... he didn't lead the impeachment while banging a wench on the side.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    that right there is the main thing. no matter what you make a guy wear, what training he has, how disciplined he is, or where he comes from....it comes right down to the person. the military is his job. not like they trained him to rape young girls.
    If the military is just a job then you need to maintain that sentiment in all contexts, if the military is just a job then it should be no big deal to quit. He signed the dotted line remember so thats suppost to magicly make him honor it, you cant slam poeple with an argument in one breath and then minimize it in another it makes you look stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    If the military is just a job then you need to maintain that sentiment in all contexts, if the military is just a job then it should be no big deal to quit. He signed the dotted line remember so thats suppost to magicly make him honor it, you cant slam poeple with an argument in one breath and then minimize it in another it makes you look stupid.
    I don't believe the poster was minimizing the job per se. HE was reminding folks that in spite of training, some people will still be predisposed to do certain things. The other thing to remember is that even in the service you are innocent until proven guilty of a crime. That isn't to say that he didn't fuck up. Physical contact with a 14 y/o in a sexual manner may still get him charges for conduct unbecoming.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He isn't out of the woods yet tho.

US military probes Marine rape suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/...C53JnASRZsbEwB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    He isn't out of the woods yet tho.

US military probes Marine rape suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/...C53JnASRZsbEwB
    Glad to hear it. That should send a message to our troops.

Commit a rape, get probed.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U.S. Marine charged with rape

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- The U.S. military in Japan says it has charged a Marine with raping a 14-year-old girl in Okinawa.

The military said Friday it charged Staff Sgt. Tyrone L. Hadnott earlier in the week in the alleged February 10 attack.

No date has been set for the court-martial.

Japanese police initially apprehended Hadnott in the attack but released him after the girl dropped charges. U.S. authorities then investigated the case under the strict military justice code.