Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I can tell its been a while since I've looked at the Marine Corp news. I didn't even know they called it meters instead of yards now. I wouldn't know what a meter was if it jumped out at me anyway. Yes, we had marksman, sharpshooter, and expert. Like you said, we had to qualify at 200, 300, and 500 yards. We shot match at 300, 500, and 1000 yards. I was one of the best in the Corp and range coach was one of my positions, and I have boxes of trophies, but I'm sure not ashamed to say that I couldn't have made those 3 shots he made. Maybe made them, but not accurately.
    The rifle range at Edson Range, Camp Pendleton, is a metric range. 500 meters is roughly equal to 560 yards. IIRC, the scores required on the metric range are 186 MM, 206-215 SS, and 217-250 Ex. The rest of the ranges as far as I know are "KD" (known distance) -- yards.

If you were a match shooter, I think you're low-rate yourself. On the aforementioned history channel special, a guy recreates the shots. Easily.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    But how do you 'splain the thumbprint on the box near the winder?
    You tried this on the other board. The thumbprint you allude to doesn't exist.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...0107ciaman.htm

Here's the BANNED History Channel video. Very damning towards LBJ. I always suspected he had a hand in it. Watch it.

Just like Jesse Jackson had a hand in MLK's death.
    Very interesting!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    If you mean, by acting alone, that he came up with the idea and did it of his own volition, then perhaps, but he was the only shooter. He was a marine, and any green recruit fresh out of boot camp could have pulled off that shot, not to mention that he had plenty of time to squeeze off three shots from a bolt action.
    over the years various documentaries have pointed at a second shooter in the bushes and many many other theories

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The rifle range at Edson Range, Camp Pendleton, is a metric range. 500 meters is roughly equal to 560 yards. IIRC, the scores required on the metric range are 186 MM, 206-215 SS, and 217-250 Ex. The rest of the ranges as far as I know are "KD" (known distance) -- yards.

If you were a match shooter, I think you're low-rate yourself. On the aforementioned history channel special, a guy recreates the shots. Easily.
    I saw that one where he shot a watermelon in a moving limousine. Too tough for me. I coached at Camp Margarita at camp Pendleton from Feb. 60 until Feb 61. Then I went to Moffett Field as an M.P. The only thing I shot there was skeet with a 12 gauge. One of my most memorial moments was in 1960 when I fired 248 for record. One of the perks when you fired 3 years expert, you get a bar that goes on (added to) the expert badge. If you have it and stand inspection, nobody takes your rifle. It's just a courtesy. The barrel could be full of mud and nobody would know it. I filed all that in the old memory bank under "Good Old Days".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...0107ciaman.htm

Here's the BANNED History Channel video. Very damning towards LBJ. I always suspected he had a hand in it. Watch it.

Just like Jesse Jackson had a hand in MLK's death.
    I've watched every part of this now...WOW is all I can say!

(get the whole list and watch it all)!

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not what I saw, maybe I didn't see the same vid. They one I saw was CBS report. Only one shooter had three hits the others managed two hits..They failed to mention which part of the silhouette they hit though. They did note that this is the only test conducted with the target moving, the rest had been stationary.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Not what I saw, maybe I didn't see the same vid. They one I saw was CBS report. Only one shooter had three hits the others managed two hits..They failed to mention which part of the silhouette they hit though. They did note that this is the only test conducted with the target moving, the rest had been stationary.
    As I said how much practice had oswald been doing before the shooting? It's fine for a shooter that shoots at a range regularly to do something like that. But oswald had been out of the Marines for years and probably not doing any practice shooting during that time. Had he zeroed the weapon beforehand? I question his ability with the weapon used.

The first shot would have been his best aimed shot, while the next two would have been more rushed and therefore less accurate. Especially if he hadn't practice for a while.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    As I said how much practice had oswald been doing before the shooting? It's fine for a shooter that shoots at a range regularly to do something like that. But oswald had been out of the Marines for years and probably not doing any practice shooting during that time. Had he zeroed the weapon beforehand? I question his ability with the weapon used.

The first shot would have been his best aimed shot, while the next two would have been more rushed and therefore less accurate. Especially if he hadn't practice for a while.
    I agree, Gaffer. Add in the presure, bolt action, distance and increased speed of the car after the first or second shot..then I just can't buy the one shooter thing.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

I don't know how much practice Oswald got, but from everything I've seen, he was a gun nut, so he probably shot on a reguarl basis. I used to go one or two times a week myself.

200-something-feet with a 4X scope is pretty-much like swatting a fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    The conspiracy theories abound, and I couldn't possible keep track of them all, or nor remember how each and every one was debunked.

Given the scenario, there really isn't room for more than one shooter. Even if you have only two shooters, you get at least 4-6 shots, not three, and coming from different directions. As you add shooters, the shots and directions increase.

The most obvious fact to me was stated by a then-KGB agent who later defected: He said it was preposterous to think anyone truly capable of espionage/assasination above the kindergarten level would use a fruitloop like Oswald, and Jack Ruby was a known loudmouth and nutjob himself, so he definitely would be out.

And I hold the same opinion of this conspiracy theory that I do most others ... if you get two Americans together to form conspiracy, one of them will sell out the other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You tried this on the other board. The thumbprint you allude to doesn't exist.
    Sure it does. Its an accomplice with ties to LBJ.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sure it does. Its an accomplice with ties to LBJ.
    Ummm.... no, and I provided you with a link to the actual evidence. It didn't just magically disappear and revert back to your initial lack of supported information simply because we changed boards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ummm.... no, and I provided you with a link to the actual evidence. It didn't just magically disappear and revert back to your initial lack of supported information simply because we changed boards.
    I don't remember seeing said link. Seriously.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I don't remember seeing said link. Seriously.
    That's okay. You don't have to sign on to USMB to view the thread. I'm sure it's still there.