Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Insulting Islam = Prison Time

Good thing no one here lives in Egypt...

-------------
    Blogger Gets 4 Years for Insulting Islam
    By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD Associated Press Writer

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt — An Egyptian blogger was convicted Thursday and sentenced to four years in prison for insulting Islam, the Prophet Muhammad and Egypt's president, sending a chill through fellow Internet writers who fear a government crackdown.

Abdel Kareem Nabil, a 22-year-old former student at Egypt's Al-Azhar University, an Islamic institution, was a vocal secularist and sharp critic of conservative Muslims in his blog. He also lashed out often at Al-Azhar _ the most prominent religious center in Sunni Islam _ calling it "the university of terrorism" and accusing it of encouraging extremism.

His conviction brought a flood of condemnations from Amnesty International and other international and Egyptian rights group and stunned fellow bloggers.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4573048.html

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It'll happen here..I'm sure...only it'll be 'insulting homosexuality'
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you ever read the Martyrs of Cordoba? This is nothing compared to what happened then.

I think this strongly explains why Islam is incorrect. Were it correct, it win in the market place of ideas. It wouldnt be threated by the discussion of ideas. Especially to the point of murder for disagreement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Have you ever read the Martyrs of Cordoba? This is nothing compared to what happened then.

I think this strongly explains why Islam is incorrect. Were it correct, it win in the market place of ideas. It wouldnt be threated by the discussion of ideas. Especially to the point of murder for disagreement.
    Excellent point, which is why I never trust "True Believers" of any stripe. They should be able to defend and propose their ideas without having to resort to hysteria.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well Egypt is an Islamic country. Still a very bad law either way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is islam. It's what islam is all about. And its coming to a nieghborhood near you. islam is NOT a religion its a theocratic ideal. It is the reason the middle east will always remain backwards as long as they embrace it.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    This is islam. It's what islam is all about. And its coming to a nieghborhood near you. islam is NOT a religion its a theocratic ideal. It is the reason the middle east will always remain backwards as long as they embrace it.
    Ain't that the truth? It's amazing the retards who hate fundamentalist Christianity and then make apologies for these creeps. They should move there!
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely. Even on muslim forums they ban you for "insulting" islam. They run from the truth quicker than forest gump. The only truth of Islam is world subjugation, anything else is a lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think islam is more than just incorrect. It's outright evil. I won't use pc terms to describe it, I'll call it what it is. And anyone offended by that...fuck em. There is nothing peaceful or tolerant in that so called religion at all. I have more respect for a satanist than I do a muslim.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.