Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is being an American what upsets you so, guffer? I suffered the same but I certainly don't feel the same as you. I did my best for jerks like you. It's an American thing, don't you know? Did you not understand that you were fighting for freedom of individuals to express themselves whether you agreed with them or not? Did you not understand anything about your service at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Yes I am a Combat Vet. And I was very bitter when I came home. Bitter with this country. I still am to an extent. I still don't like the term "welcome home" even when another Vet says it, though I don't say anything to them. If I couldn't be welcomed home back then, why should I be now?

I'm a hawk. When war is necessary it is should be waged completely. I think the congress should be made to declare war not vote for funding. I'm fully behind what's going on in iraq and afgan. I can empathized with the troops over there. And if I were young, even knowing what I know about combat, I would be there myself.

Most disgruntled Vets are that way not from the combat but from the way they were treated here at home. Whether from the VA or society in general.

I would ask him about what year he was there and what unit he was in. What part of the country did he spend most of his time. General questions like that will usually get him to expound more on what he did and experienced.

I was exposed to agent orange as were almost all the combat soldiers over there. If they weren't spraying over us, we walked into areas that had been sprayed.

Vietnam was a completely different war than we are fighting now. The only thing that is the same is the tactics of the dems and the media. That has not changed at all. I know, I saw it back then and its an exact repeat now. Divide the country turn everyone against the military, pull out, then cut off funding.

It's all part of the past, but it wasn't really that long ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i dont wanna be rude, but shouldnt they have been grateful?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Is being an American what upsets you so, guffer? I suffered the same but I certainly don't feel the same as you. I did my best for jerks like you. It's an American thing, don't you know? Did you not understand that you were fighting for freedom of individuals to express themselves whether you agreed with them or not? Did you not understand anything about your service at all?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Expecting any American that clearly demonstrates a dissatifaction with American policy whether military, civilian, political or whatever to be grateful is very much rude and not within the rights as guaranteed by our founders.

The protesters in this equation were much more correct than the propagators of the death and destruction. Have you ever been to the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    i dont wanna be rude, but shouldnt they have been grateful?