Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default True to our Native Land

caveat -- i know obama's church has been brought up before, however, it needs to be brought up again. if the mods feel this should be joined with that thread, cool, no worries. i just wanted to bring a stark and fresh look at what is looking like the next president.

Obama's church -- Trinity United Church of Christ

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.
    http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

i believe someone posted something about obama and his followers fearing death, imagine a white person running for president whose church adhered to these same values, except:

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly WHITE and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the WHITE religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an EUROPEAN people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a WHITE worship service and ministries which address the WHITE Community.
    Oh yes, whites have been slaves and have experienced the same things. Don't forget how far Rome spread during her tenure. the european whites were savages, slaves and thought of as less than human.

regardless, the most important thing about his faith is this:

true to our native land

by definition his loyalty necessarily must not be with the United States of America. this is not to say that one cannot be loyal to "god" which arguably is not the united states, however, this is different, in that, his loyalty is to another land. his native land. he must remain true to that land, not this land.
    Last edited by Yurt; 02-23-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've said the same, posted the same, over and over. I really don't get the difference between those that back him and those that back Ron Paul. For the record, I disagree with both.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bringing up white slavery from the roman empire is a tad far fetched. the fact of the matter is: black people IN THIS COUNTRY were considered property not all that long ago in the sweep of human history. Black people were preemptorily lynched long after they had been freed from the bonds of slavery. Black people were disenfranchised politically in my lifetime. Black people in America have a long and bitter history of second class citizenship. Obama's church seeks to uplift them. His church has the backing and unequivocal support of the United Church of Christ - which is my denomination. But DO keep acting as if being black in America is no different than being white. DO keep making this a major issue in your attempts to denigrate a virtuous public servant. I expected nothing more...and I am sure, neither did he.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I've said the same, posted the same, over and over. I really don't get the difference between those that back him and those that back Ron Paul. For the record, I disagree with both.
    this is why i like bringing ideas that have been said or hashed out in old threads up again:

ron paul? i missed that.

and i believe this is an extremely imporant issue, yet, it has not really surfaced in the media. maybe it was you kathy that said: he is untouchable in our too PC era. if it was someone else, ooops and props to you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

manfrommaine;206462]bringing up white slavery from the roman empire is a tad far fetched. the fact of the matter is: black people IN THIS COUNTRY were considered property not all that long ago in the sweep of human history.
    the way you and your cohorts are going........we might as well bring up slavery from the roman era

Black people were preemptorily lynched long after they had been freed from the bonds of slavery. Black people were disenfranchised politically in my lifetime.
    al sharpton just called me and said you are full of black caca cuz his man his running for office. good lord, do you realize the logical fallacy of your statements? you apparently have a timeline on when slavery should no longer be considered, however, it appears that for "you" the black man's issue reigns supreme and should never be forgotten.

as you once told me --> he was editor of the harvard law review i believe that was approximately 18 years ago.

Black people in America have a long and bitter history of second class citizenship.
    as do the irish, jews...... cry me a river. fat people, short people, all are second class citizens. don't forget, he made harvard law review editor.

Obama's church seeks to uplift them. His church has the backing and unequivocal support of the United Church of Christ - which is my denomination. But DO keep acting as if being black in America is no different than being white. DO keep making this a major issue in your attempts to denigrate a virtuous public servant. I expected nothing more...and I am sure, neither did he.
    why didn't you throw in chinese, mexican, indians, and so called half breeds? why isn't he "white" why is it that he is only black to you. and i will make this a major issue:

and remain "true to our native land,"

you are blind if you fail to see the issue. and if a white person said half of what this church said in their "this is us" memo, you would be literally frothing at the mouth.

seriously, get some objectivity and really see what his church stands for and where his loyalty MUST be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    bringing up white slavery from the roman empire is a tad far fetched. the fact of the matter is: black people IN THIS COUNTRY were considered property not all that long ago in the sweep of human history. Black people were preemptorily lynched long after they had been freed from the bonds of slavery. Black people were disenfranchised politically in my lifetime. Black people in America have a long and bitter history of second class citizenship. Obama's church seeks to uplift them. His church has the backing and unequivocal support of the United Church of Christ - which is my denomination. But DO keep acting as if being black in America is no different than being white. DO keep making this a major issue in your attempts to denigrate a virtuous public servant. I expected nothing more...and I am sure, neither did he.
    So what's the latest plan the "uplift" blacks ?

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    So what's the latest plan the "uplift" blacks ?
    ever wonder why oprah jumped on his bandwagon so quick?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    ever wonder why oprah jumped on his bandwagon so quick?
    So are we talknig about plastic surgery here or what ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    So are we talknig about plastic surgery here or what ?
    did i miss something?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the way you and your cohorts are going........we might as well bring up slavery from the roman era

al sharpton just called me and said you are full of black caca cuz his man his running for office. good lord, do you realize the logical fallacy of your statements? you apparently have a timeline on when slavery should no longer be considered, however, it appears that for "you" the black man's issue reigns supreme and should never be forgotten.

as you once told me --> he was editor of the harvard law review i believe that was approximately 18 years ago.

as do the irish, jews...... cry me a river. fat people, short people, all are second class citizens. don't forget, he made harvard law review editor.

why didn't you throw in chinese, mexican, indians, and so called half breeds? why isn't he "white" why is it that he is only black to you. and i will make this a major issue:

you are blind if you fail to see the issue. and if a white person said half of what this church said in their "this is us" memo, you would be literally frothing at the mouth.

seriously, get some objectivity and really see what his church stands for and where his loyalty MUST be.
    I don't know of any white people whose ancestors were brought to America against their will as property.

I have objectivity. I happen to belong to his denomination. My church is fully supportive of his chuch's mission. Uplifting and empowering blacks on the south side of CHicago to lift themselves up from economic empoverishment is a noble mission. The UCC is fully supportive of Trinity. SO am I.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did i miss something?
    just dillo's lame-ass lounge lizard humor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just dillo's lame-ass lounge lizard humor.
    Uplifting and empowering blacks on the south side of CHicago to lift themselves up from economic empoverishment

What in the hell kind of babble is that ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

=manfrommaine;206479]I don't know of any white people whose ancestors were brought to America against their will as property.
    and this matters........why? because a "black" person is running for president.... get over yourself.

I have objectivity. I happen to belong to his denomination.
    bullshit. you have no objectivity and have lost all reason by supporting that church's ideals. why don't you go back to the motherland? if your commitment is to the motherland, why are you here?

My church is fully supportive of his chuch's mission. Uplifting and empowering blacks on the south side of CHicago to lift themselves up from economic empoverishment is a noble mission. The UCC is fully supportive of Trinity. SO am I.

you are the biggest hypocrite i have ever met. you shun white slavery because it happened (x) years ago, yet, you have to qualms about forever "uplifting" dark skinned people.

you ALSO again have failed to address the "motherland"

what say you to the loyalty? and don't ignore it ............ again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and this matters........why? because a "black" person is running for president.... get over yourself.

bullshit. you have no objectivity and have lost all reason by supporting that church's ideals. why don't you go back to the motherland? if your commitment is to the motherland, why are you here?

you are the biggest hypocrite i have ever met. you shun white slavery because it happened (x) years ago, yet, you have to qualms about forever "uplifting" dark skinned people.

you ALSO again have failed to address the "motherland"

what say you to the loyalty? and don't ignore it ............ again
    MY motherland is not well defined. My ancestors came from Holland and Germany and Ireland....AND THEY ALL CAME OF THEIR OWN VOLITION. They all decided to leave those countries and come to America to start a new life. The ancestors of most black americans did not make such a choice.

And I do not shun white slavery. If the ancestors of non-Italian caucasian roman slaves were still being economically and socially discriminated against in Italy, I would be all FOR a church that ministered to that flock.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MY motherland is not well defined. My ancestors came from Holland and Germany and Ireland....AND THEY ALL CAME OF THEIR OWN VOLITION. They all decided to leave those countries and come to America to start a new life. The ancestors of most black americans did not make such a choice.

And I do not shun white slavery. If the ancestors of non-Italian caucasian roman slaves were still being economically and socially discriminated against in Italy, I would be all FOR a church that ministered to that flock.
    I would be all FOR a church that ministered to that flock

Now what kind of babble is that ? Obama speak ??