Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the poor pakis, we should let our men and women die so the poor terrorists can live and breed more terrorists.

Before you call me names, try to stick to the topic, instead of playing the liberal feeling card.

Whats your solution dip shit

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    so Pakistanis living a hardscrabble life eking out an existence in primitive villages in the mountains of Pakistan are seventh century terrorist thugs? Not watching TV and going to night clubs means that dropping a nuclear weapons and killing thousands of them in their beds - many women and young children - is a perfectly acceptable thing to do? And tell me, martin... when was the last time you visited the mountains of Pakistan where you developed your opinion of the people there as blood thirsty pigs?

Let me ask you... if Pakistan dropped a nuke on US, how do you think WE would respond?

The fact that your naivete is so colored with thoughtless aggression is both pathetic and creepy.
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 02-27-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    the poor pakis, we should let our men and women die so the poor terrorists can live and breed more terrorists.

Before you call me names, try to stick to the topic, instead of playing the liberal feeling card.

Whats your solution dip shit
    Do you honestly think dropping a nuclear bomb on a region that hasnt even left the tribal systems of government is going to stop terrorism?

Let's say you drop the nuke and Osama is killed. Does that end terrorism?

Of course not. Another terrorist will rise up. Because nuking entire civilizations to get one person will make the rest of the world look at us and be like "Holy crap! We need to take them out before they decide there is something wrong with us."

I'm all for defending ourselves and using force when necessary. But you do something like that and we will see more attacks, not less. And we might turn our friends away from us while doing it.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually it wont stop it completely, nothing will.. but this will help...

right now the u.s. military in afghanistan is fighting the war with one hand tied behind its back, the terrorists have a safe haven in the tribal areas, but we should do nothihg?

Pakistan is our friend out of convience, im all for losing friends instead of our boys

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Do you honestly think dropping a nuclear bomb on a region that hasnt even left the tribal systems of government is going to stop terrorism?

Let's say you drop the nuke and Osama is killed. Does that end terrorism?

Of course not. Another terrorist will rise up. Because nuking entire civilizations to get one person will make the rest of the world look at us and be like "Holy crap! We need to take them out before they decide there is something wrong with us."

I'm all for defending ourselves and using force when necessary. But you do something like that and we will see more attacks, not less. And we might turn our friends away from us while doing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually it wont stop it completely, nothing will.. but this will help...

right now the u.s. military in afghanistan is fighting the war with one hand tied behind its back, the terrorists have a safe haven in the tribal areas, but we should do nothihg?

Pakistan is our friend out of convience, im all for losing friends instead of our boys
    I have always thought that our reliance on Musharref was foolish. That does not mean that killing thousands of innocent people - most of whom have no freakin' idea where Osama is in the first place - is a barbaric solution that will serve to radicalize and enrage the entire islamic world. Do you really think that is a good idea?

I say again...if we really want to get muslims to stop wanting to kill us, and the method we chose to get that point across is to indiscriminately kill muslims, then we have to be prepared to kill all 1.8 BILLION of them - including the 6 MILLION Of them who are American citizens.

And I repeat: The fact that your naivete is so colored with thoughtless aggression is both pathetic and creepy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have always thought that our reliance on Musharref was foolish. That does not mean that killing thousands of innocent people - most of whom have no freakin' idea where Osama is in the first place - is a barbaric solution that will serve to radicalize and enrage the entire islamic world. Do you really think that is a good idea?

I say again...if we really want to get muslims to stop wanting to kill us, and the method we chose to get that point across is to indiscriminately kill muslims, then we have to be prepared to kill all 1.8 BILLION of them - including the 6 MILLION Of them who are American citizens.

And I repeat: The fact that your naivete is so colored with thoughtless aggression is both pathetic and creepy.
    muslims are killing more people than just "us".......but setting that aside....what is your recomendation on how to get them to stop....if i recall correctly the have been killing "us" for some time now.....30 years that i remember....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    muslims are killing more people than just "us".......but setting that aside....what is your recomendation on how to get them to stop....if i recall correctly the have been killing "us" for some time now.....30 years that i remember....
    My recommendations are multifaceted.... and I may get the energy up to perhaps do a blog entry on them, but suffice it to say, dropping nukes on Pakistan is not one of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My recommendations are multifaceted.... and I may get the energy up to perhaps do a blog entry on them, but suffice it to say, dropping nukes on Pakistan is not one of them.
    sounds like you have a plan.....kerry edwards said that a lot......they never did share thier plans.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    sounds like you have a plan.....kerry edwards said that a lot......they never did share thier plans.....
    I wouldn't say I have a plan, I would say I have ideas. Do YOU ever have ideas? Do YOU think that Martin's plan to nuke Pakistan is a good idea?

for right now, let's just say that it sounds like I think that dropping nuclear weapons on northwestern Pakistan is a stupid, barbaric and altogether profoundly counterproductive act.
    Last edited by retiredman; 02-28-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Cowtown, Texas (that's Fort Worth for y'all greenhorns)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we dont need to go into the tribal areas, we could just nuke them.

As long as russians and chiniese dont arm them with weapons, i think we could win, a ground invasion.

Im not saying we should do a ground invasion
    You seem to forget what wil happen if we nuke Pakistan.
    First since they are our allies that will make out allies wonder if they are next.
    Second you seem to forget that they have nukes as well, what do you think they will do if we fire ours at them? Just sit there? Not likely more likely they will fire back and if they can't hit us Israel will be their next most likely target.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92vkXcC0w

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have always thought that our reliance on Musharref was foolish.

ME: agreed

That does not mean that killing thousands of innocent people - most of whom have no freakin' idea where Osama is in the first place -

ME: I thought our government believes hs is there, and lets say im wrong, how are we gonna win the war in afghanistan, if the terorrists have sanctuary in the tribal areas?

is a barbaric solution that will serve to radicalize and enrage the entire islamic world. Do you really think that is a good idea?

ME: no matter what we do or dont do, islamo nazi's will hate us

ME: I never said kill all muslims, but we cant allow islamic terrorists to hide out in civilian populations, and do nothing because we will have to kill civilians as well, which I put sole blame on the terrorists for living in high civilian population, not us for going after them. Again, we wont win the war, if were afraid of making muslims angry

ME: and again, you offer no solution except to personally attack me, by calling me names, thats classy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It cant be any worse then doing nothing, and allowing safe haven for terrorists who are killing our men and women in uniform, can it?

Its an idea mate, chillax

I wouldn't say I have a plan, I would say I have ideas. Do YOU ever have ideas? Do YOU think that Martin's plan to nuke Pakistan is a good idea?

for right now, let's just say that it sounds like I think that dropping nuclear weapons on northwestern Pakistan is a stupid, barbaric and altogether profoundly counterproductive act.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ME: and again, you offer no solution except to personally attack me, by calling me names, thats classy
    I am not attacking you. I am saying that I find your naivete and thoughtless agression to be disturbing. that's a fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here we go

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    You seem to forget what wil happen if we nuke Pakistan.

ME: not all of pakistan, just the tribal areas, that the government has no control over now

First since they are our allies that will make out allies wonder if they are next.

ME: they are not our truly allies, just allies of convience.

Second you seem to forget that they have nukes as well, what do you think they will do if we fire ours at them?

ME: if they do anything stupid, they will pay

Just sit there? Not likely more likely they will fire back and if they can't hit us Israel will be their next most likely target.

ME: and if they go after israel, I hope israel nukes them, or if not we should

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

post 27 remains germane.

Cowtown, Texas (that's Fort Worth for y'all greenhorns)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here we go

ME: not all of pakistan, just the tribal areas, that the government has no control over now

Doesn't matter it is still part of the country. How would you feel if someone decided to nuke a part of the US that our government couldn't control.
    ME: they are not our truly allies, just allies of convience.

Allies none-the-less.
    ME: if they do anything stupid, they will pay
    Are you really winnling to take that risk? China another Pakistan ally doesn't like us and this would be a good enough excuse for them to attack us. They have plenty of nukes and they can reach us.

ME: and if they go after israel, I hope israel nukes them, or if not we should
    Israel is small, one well placed nuke would totally incapicitate them.

Another reason not to. Say we nuke them. Pakistan has another route to get back at us. Give the terrorists nuclear weapons. Something the US is trying to prevent. Are you willing to risk nukes getting into teh hands of the same people that hit us on 9/11? Are you that confident that our borders are secure enough to make sure no one gets through?
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92vkXcC0w