Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fair enough. I am not attacking you either by the way, just your ideas.

I dont think its thoughtless, we need a way to end the sanctuary for terrorists, got any better ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I am not attacking you. I am saying that I find your naivete and thoughtless agression to be disturbing. that's a fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    fair enough. I am not attacking you either by the way, just your ideas.

I dont think its thoughtless, we need a way to end the sanctuary for terrorists, got any better ideas?
    do I have any better ideas than dropping nuclear weapons on Pakistan?

as many ideas as there are stars in the heavens.

dropping nuclear weapons on Pakistan and killing thousands of innocent civilians would absolutely ENRAGE the Islamic world to the point where terrorists wouldn't need "sanctuary"...the muslims who opposed violent retribution against America would need sanctuary.

I think we need to really ramp up our HUMINT capabilities and activities.
    I think we need to get special operations teams trained up and trained up fast and drop them into those areas where we have actionable intelligence.
    I think we need to consider cruise missile attacks on strong intelligence that are targeted to totally minimize collateral damage.
    I think we need to do the hard investigative work necessary to seize their funds and cut off their funding sources.
    I think we need to work extremely hard at rebuilding relationships with arab nations so that they might assist us in all of the above.

that's five that I just rattled off the top of my head....but again...anything is better than doing something profoundly stupid that would most certainly make matters infinitely worse than they are now.

It is like....
    me: "your house in on fire, martin...what do you suggest"?
    you: "how about siphoning off the gas from my car and pouring it on the house?
    me: "that is naive and incredibly stupid"
    you: "got any better ideas?"
    me: "damn near anything else would be better"

it's like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, sounds reaonsboel, I admit i was a bit rash, and harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    do I have any better ideas than dropping nuclear weapons on Pakistan?

as many ideas as there are stars in the heavens.

dropping nuclear weapons on Pakistan and killing thousands of innocent civilians would absolutely ENRAGE the Islamic world to the point where terrorists wouldn't need "sanctuary"...the muslims who opposed violent retribution against America would need sanctuary.

I think we need to really ramp up our HUMINT capabilities and activities.
    I think we need to get special operations teams trained up and trained up fast and drop them into those areas where we have actionable intelligence.
    I think we need to consider cruise missile attacks on strong intelligence that are targeted to totally minimize collateral damage.
    I think we need to do the hard investigative work necessary to seize their funds and cut off their funding sources.
    I think we need to work extremely hard at rebuilding relationships with arab nations so that they might assist us in all of the above.

that's five that I just rattled off the top of my head....but again...anything is better than doing something profoundly stupid that would most certainly make matters infinitely worse than they are now.

It is like....
    me: "your house in on fire, martin...what do you suggest"?
    you: "how about siphoning off the gas from my car and pouring it on the house?
    me: "that is naive and incredibly stupid"
    you: "got any better ideas?"
    me: "damn near anything else would be better"

it's like that.