Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Artist hit for refusal on beliefs

By Pete Vere
    February 25, 2008
    An evangelical Christian photographer was brought before the New Mexico Human Rights Commission after she declined for religious reasons to photograph a same-sex commitment ceremony.

When Elaine Huguenin of Albuquerque, N.M., declined in September 2006 an e-mail request from a lesbian couple to photograph their ceremony, one of the lesbians responded by lodging a human rights complaint with the New Mexico Human Rights Division, the state agency charged with enforcing state anti-discrimination laws and sending cases to the commission to be adjudicated.

Vanessa Willock sought an injunction to prohibit Mrs. Huguenin and her business, Elane Photography, from declining any future request to photograph a same-sex ceremony. The agency agreed to hear Miss Willock's complaint, the latest case brought before tribunals in the U.S. and Canada that free-speech advocates say threaten expression across North America.

read the rest..
    http://washingtontimes.com/article/2...256068479/1015
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's outrageous, she has every right to refuse to do the job. I would refuse too. And I'd tell the review board where they can put their recommendations. They don't like how I do business, come and get me. And bring a heavily armed force when you do.

faggots
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look at these liberals faggots: they want to force christians and anyone who doesnt agree with them to violate their religious beliefs and personal convictions just to appease them again this is what i mean when i say the cultural left wants to intellectual rape people who dont agree with them

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    By Pete Vere
    February 25, 2008
    An evangelical Christian photographer was brought before the New Mexico Human Rights Commission after she declined for religious reasons to photograph a same-sex commitment ceremony.

When Elaine Huguenin of Albuquerque, N.M., declined in September 2006 an e-mail request from a lesbian couple to photograph their ceremony, one of the lesbians responded by lodging a human rights complaint with the New Mexico Human Rights Division, the state agency charged with enforcing state anti-discrimination laws and sending cases to the commission to be adjudicated.

Vanessa Willock sought an injunction to prohibit Mrs. Huguenin and her business, Elane Photography, from declining any future request to photograph a same-sex ceremony. The agency agreed to hear Miss Willock's complaint, the latest case brought before tribunals in the U.S. and Canada that free-speech advocates say threaten expression across North America.

read the rest..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey if abu can refuse to sell bacon at his quickie mart or let people in his taxi with booze....then a christian can refuse to take pictures of sin...

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    hey if abu can refuse to sell bacon at his quickie mart or let people in his taxi with booze....then a christian can refuse to take pictures of sin...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fine with me.

You dont like how i run my cab, store, or company, get the fuck out and stop whining like a little bitch, cause i didnt kiss your carpet munching ass

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think scalps can go back where they belong - it hasn't been decided yet has it?
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I think scalps can go back where they belong - it hasn't been decided yet has it?
    it shouldn't have to be. A person should be allowed to turn down business if they don't want it.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

By Pete Vere
    February 25, 2008

read the rest..
    Okay, my view on gay marriage basically breaks down to somewhat of a joke: If you don't like, don't marry them.

However, that said, it is completely wrong to get the government involved in this. These people haven't disparaged them, they haven't tried to get the union stopped, they simply declined to be there for it, and that's fine in my book. There is no reason that it should involve anything more than the offended couple going to their friends and telling them about the business. An effective boycott would work so much better than this crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    it shouldn't have to be. A person should be allowed to turn down business if they don't want it.
    That's fine as a normative statement. But since this case is before some sort of tribunal and it will be decided with reference to the law as it exists then the law will take its course. That was my point.

I agree a larger point is whether or not someone who offers goods and/or services to the general public should be permitted to refuse to supply goods and/or service to individuals based on a personal belief system. I understand the competing ideas contained in that situation and frankly I'm in two minds about it. I'd be interested to read the arguments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's fine as a normative statement. But since this case is before some sort of tribunal and it will be decided with reference to the law as it exists then the law will take its course. That was my point.

I agree a larger point is whether or not someone who offers goods and/or services to the general public should be permitted to refuse to supply goods and/or service to individuals based on a personal belief system. I understand the competing ideas contained in that situation and frankly I'm in two minds about it. I'd be interested to read the arguments.
    and my point, and the point of others, is it is completely ridiculous to bring it before a tribunal. People have the freedom to not associate or do business with others if they so choose. And forcing them to is paramount to slavery.

This is also a clear illustration of why gay marriage, or even civil unions, should not be sanctioned. Because the purpose of sanctioning them isn't to be together. It's to have some basis of law to persecute those who don't agree with them. Mark my words, if gay marriage is ever passed, you will see every person who dares speak out against it persecuted.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When our country has "tribunals" set up for speech, discrimination, hanging a friggin noose, or any other bullshit someone wants to accuse you of.....and halled before some kangaroo court for no justification...

Then we might as well be living like some countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc....Because we have totally given up our rights willingly and have become slaves to the state...

And from where I sit.....that looks exactly where we are headed...

Very sad....
    Last edited by stephanie; 02-27-2008 at 05:30 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    and my point, and the point of others, is it is completely ridiculous to bring it before a tribunal. People have the freedom to not associate or do business with others if they so choose. And forcing them to is paramount to slavery.

This is also a clear illustration of why gay marriage, or even civil unions, should not be sanctioned. Because the purpose of sanctioning them isn't to be together. It's to have some basis of law to persecute those who don't agree with them. Mark my words, if gay marriage is ever passed, you will see every person who dares speak out against it persecuted.
    The problem with your point is that it's entirely possible that someone could be refused all goods and all services if that person happened to live in a community where all the goods and service providers disagreed with who/what they were. Would that be fair?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When our country has "tribunals" set up for speech, discrimination, hanging a friggin noose, or any other bullshit someone wants to accuse you of.....and halled before some kangaroo court for no justification...

Then we might as well be living like some countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc....Because we have totally given up our rights willingly and have become slaves to the state...

And from where I sit.....that looks exactly where we are headed...

Very sad....
    The tribunals at Guantanamo stephanie.

Welcome to your nightmare.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The tribunals at Guantanamo Stephanie.

Welcome to your nightmare.

My dear........you know we are not talking about the military here...

and why you would want to interject this into this thread is beyond me...

You all have a military that fights right along our side, so I don't see your point, and am dissapointed...
    Last edited by stephanie; 02-27-2008 at 06:23 AM.