Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has the rallying cry for this law been, "Today the dogs and cats... tomorrow the B{edited}es"?

I don't like the governmental intrusions on this law either. I believe we should spay and nueter our pets, but I just don't believe the government should be forcing us to.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Has the rallying cry for this law been, "Today the dogs and cats... tomorrow the B$tches"?

I don't like the governmental intrusions on this law either. I believe we should spay and nueter our pets, but I just don't believe the government should be forcing us to.

Immie
    So, while we all sit around preening over our liberties including the freedom to own, breed, and dispose of countless living creatures, what do you propose we do about all the suffering? Turn a blind eye?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    So, while we all sit around preening over our liberties including the freedom to own, breed, and dispose of countless living creatures, what do you propose we do about all the suffering? Turn a blind eye?
    Darn! My edit was too slow.

I don't want a darned liberal politician telling me how I have to live my life. Today they are telling me that I have to spay and nueter my pets. Tomorrow they will be telling me that I have to spay my wife! We don't want woman having more than one child. The world is too over populated as it is. We'll model our laws after that grand country China!

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Darn! My edit was too slow.

I don't want a darned liberal politician telling me how I have to live my life. Today they are telling me that I have to spay and nueter my pets. Tomorrow they will be telling me that I have to spay my wife! We don't want woman having more than one child. The world is too over populated as it is. We'll model our laws after that grand country China!

Immie
    Would you rather it be a conservative one? This is how any politician would respond when confronted with the problem of stray pet over-population.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Would you rather it be a conservative one? This is how any politician would respond when confronted with the problem of stray pet over-population.
    Is there such a thing as a conservative politicians anymore especially in LA?

And in answer to your question... no, I don't want any politicians telling me how to live my life.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Well, this Conservative can't walk through a kill-shelter, look at those hundreds of death row inmates who committed no crime, all the while smiling smugly at the lofty importance of my "property rights", and my freedom to let the suffering go on unabated.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-28-2008 at 01:02 PM.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee~* View Post
    Yep, leave it to L.A. to get rabid over an issue they need to keep their "jusrisdiction" out of, and totally ignore a major issue that needs to be addressed! Perhaps they should pass another law, its ok to be here illegally, as long as you can prove you've been spayed or neutered! Lee
    Fuck that... since they euthanize stray dogs and cats, they ought to start euthanizing stray illegals.

(Just kidding for those of you who are going to have a fit.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, this Conservative can't walk through a kill-shelter, look at those hundreds of death row inmates who committed no crime, all the while smiling smugly at the lofty importance of my "property rights", and my freedom to let the suffering go on unabated.
    Actually, I have never been to one. I know and realize that they exist, but I have never been to the "pound" with the idea that these animals are condemned to die. I'd rather not think of it that way. They are simply waiting for the next kid to walk through that door and meet them eye to eye and then are homeward bound.

But, I can't go to a nursing home. I get shivers down my back every time I drive by one.

As for being a conservative, you're not a politician... are you?

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 02-28-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Actually, I have never been to one. I know and realize that they exist, but I have never been to the "pound" with the idea that these animals are condemned to die. I'd rather not think of it that way. They are simply waiting for the next kid to walk through that door and meet them eye to eye and then are homeward bound.

But, I can't go to a nursing home. I get shivers down my back every time I drive by one.

As for being a conservative, you're not a politician... are you?

Immie
    It's heart breaking, and I believe statistically, many more are killed than adopted. Litters of kittens are routinely killed upon arrival.

I'm an officer in our band boosters club. Does that count?
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-28-2008 at 02:40 PM.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's heart breaking, and I believe statistically, many more are killed than adopted. Litters of kittens are routinely killed upon arrival.

I'm an officer in our band boosters club. Does that count?
    No, it does not count and I can't for the life of me figure out why you would want to be counted among that band of Pharisees either.

Immie