Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rant of the week

We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.
    I can see the benefits of both ways.
    Our district allows the students to choose (as long as they have the pre-requisites for the particular course), and we like that too. The downside to that is that some kids think they can handle classes that they cannot, and it can drag down the whole class. My daughter has a friend in Honor's Algebra 2 with her, who just can't keep up and is failing. Everyone would be better off if she was placed in the correct level.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

But isn't this what liberalism strives for? Having guv'mint experts make choices for you?
    I'd think you'd be happy.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You made 'A's with THAT grammar?

Ask yourself this question: Is this problem/situation REALLY going to adversely affect my life? If the answer is 'no' then let it play out, aight? Wait and see how things unfold.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No and liberal is way to broad of brush to paint on everyone and every issues.
    Republicans are just has big government and anti-choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You made 'A's with THAT grammar?
    Yep, I can read and remember things I've read. Or atleast read the side margins where they explain what the hell the story is talking about if not. Even the "big" words and vocab tests are half the class.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No and liberal is way to broad of brush to paint on everyone and every issues.
    Republicans are just has big government and anti-choice.
    WTF? I thought you said you got an "A" in english?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ask yourself this question: Is this problem/situation REALLY going to adversely affect my life? If the answer is 'no' then let it play out, aight? Wait and see how things unfold
    No you bitch about it, making yourself feel better in the process.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    LMAO I was just thinking the same thing, totally unreadable. I think remedial English is a better fit or English as a second language.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    What, you have never make a typo.

Like I said, grammer/english isn't my best subject. That's why I don't want to be stuck in that class.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What, you have never make a typo.

Like I said, grammer/english isn't my best subject. That's why I don't want to be stuck in that class.
    I make plenny of typos, but I have no idea what you were trying to say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really, then how did you reply?

make just be made in that last posts but besides that it is readable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Really, then how did you reply?

make just be made in that last posts but besides that it is readable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually LN, all that work isn't a bad thing. Yeah, it'll suck rocks when you're trying to get all the homework done in that class and your others, but guess what? It's good preparation for the real world where we ALL have to pretty much take the work assignments as they come, and just grin and bear it.

Besides, if you aren't fully challenged, you'll never find out just how much you ARE capable of. And girl, I have faith in you!
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, heaven forbid they actually teach you how to work hard to get your grades...

Sorry i dont have much sympathy. Especially since going through both college and grad school and realizing how crappy the high schools prepare you for the real world. I wish they would have given me more work.