Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    so is amnesty for committing crimes only given to rich white men, like Scooter Libby who was convicted of three different felonies?

j/k u so don't git mean with me good lookin'!!!!! lollolllol

jd
    While you're just kidding, let me clarify a little anyway. Libby was given a pardon, not amnesty. While almost the same it is different. He has served our country for many years and received his pardon likely as a result of that. What have the illegals done for our great nation to deserve to have their crimes wiped clean, besides milk us for all we're worth?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Cowtown, Texas (that's Fort Worth for y'all greenhorns)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    While you're just kidding, let me clarify a little anyway. Libby was given a pardon, not amnesty
    While we are clarifying let me clarify a little more. Libby was not pardoned his sentence was commuted.
    Commutation is not the same as a pardon.
    Commutation of sentence involves the reduction of legal penalties, especially in terms of imprisonment. Unlike a pardon, a commutation does not nullify the conviction and is often conditional.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92vkXcC0w

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so is amnesty for committing crimes only given to rich white men, like Scooter Libby who was convicted of three different felonies?

j/k u so don't git mean with me good lookin'!!!!! lollolllol

jd
    who did scooter work for before the bushies.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    who did scooter work for before the bushies.....
    ummmm, working for a law firm... on the Mark Rich pardon case....trying to convince Clinton to give him amnesty, and writing a book by himself that involved beastiality?

other than those two things, I dunno? Who was he working for?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    While we are clarifying let me clarify a little more. Libby was not pardoned his sentence was commuted.
    Commutation of sentence involves the reduction of legal penalties, especially in terms of imprisonment. Unlike a pardon, a commutation does not nullify the conviction and is often conditional.
    Yes, but the rumor is the pardon will come by the end of the President's term.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    While you're just kidding, let me clarify a little anyway. Libby was given a pardon, not amnesty. While almost the same it is different. He has served our country for many years and received his pardon likely as a result of that. What have the illegals done for our great nation to deserve to have their crimes wiped clean, besides milk us for all we're worth?
    I would imagine that every employer out there that has hired these illegals is VERY GREATFUL to them and the workloads they have accomplished for them at a cheap rate, allowing them to profit, and not lose their business to an overseas business.

but me, i don't give a hoot, they are illegal and that's that!

jd

Cowtown, Texas (that's Fort Worth for y'all greenhorns)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, but the rumor is the pardon will come by the end of the President's term.
    That my or may not be true but currently he has not been pardoned.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92vkXcC0w

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    I stand corrected but this does nothing to change the premise of my post, which was to indicate the difference between the treatment Libby received in comparison to amnesty for illegals. Libby is an American who served his country for many, many years. The illegals broke a crime with their first breath in our country and don't deserve to benefit from it by being given amnesty. On served our country while the other leeches from us.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock