Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default why is compassion replacing common sense in the illegal alien debate?

From what im gathering from many of this board, its better to go broke, lets illegals get free health care, (not just basic emergency room care, because when they get sick, break a leg, get cancer, their not gonna just sit inside and do nothing), free k-12, free housing, free college, social security.

Then you say, well make um all legal theyll pay taxes, which is great, except for every 99 they cost us, they would only pay 33 cents.

So, its better illegals from mexico and all over the world come here, dont learn english, dont assimilate, and ruin our country, then shoot and/or deport them.

Im sorry, but i think you people have lost your common sense, and id rather be un-compasionate while keeping my common sense, then like you... misplaced compassionate, with no common sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    From what im gathering from many of this board, its better to go broke, lets illegals get free health care, (not just basic emergency room care, because when they get sick, break a leg, get cancer, their not gonna just sit inside and do nothing), free k-12, free housing, free college, social security.

Then you say, well make um all legal theyll pay taxes, which is great, except for every 99 they cost us, they would only pay 33 cents.

So, its better illegals from mexico and all over the world come here, dont learn english, dont assimilate, and ruin our country, then shoot and/or deport them.

Im sorry, but i think you people have lost your common sense, and id rather be un-compasionate while keeping my common sense, then like you... misplaced compassionate, with no common sense.
    I'm with you on this one. Four hospitals have closed within the last couple of months because of the Charity Care issue.

I work in the courts and I have news for the American population. . . these are not up standing individuals. We don't want the majority of these people as citizens. Do you really believe they will pay taxes and become productive members of society. I ask what color is the sky in your world if you believe that one.

I cannot begin to tell you how many illegals pass through our courts for a variety of crimes. From burglary, shoplifting, sex offenders, assault, et cetera. They disappear before sentencing because they are undocumented. They just make up a new name and work for some other landscaper or contractor. So many victims of theft of identity, personal property like your great grandmothers jewelry simply because the company you hired to clean your house employs illegals.

If they are sentenced they are picked up deported and with in 24 hours are back on the same streets. I have spoken to ICE Agents and they are so discouraged. At a recent conference an agent from Chicago transported two illegals that sentenced to probation believe it or not for sexual assaults on children under the age of 5. Yes, 5 year old children. They reported to the probation officer and ICE was waiting to pick them up, which they did. Two days after they were transported back to the country of origin . . . they were back on the streets of Chicago!

A local radio host said it best, If someone broke into my home and cleaned my home top to bottom, did the yard work, the laundry etc., I would say thank you very much as they were taken off in handcuffs for ILLEGALLY ENTERING MY HOME. I don't buy that excuse they are doing the jobs that Americans don't want. Americans can't get the job because the employer would have to pay more. Entering this county (my home) illegally is the first crime, a test of character and more than enough reason to ship them back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

unless you are not a christian, compassion should always be considered.

if you are not a christian, how can you say compassion should not be considered?

it is not passionate to allow the illegals here this way. this country has made them proverbial slaves. either let them in, or shut them out. real simple. shut them out.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think making it a compassion issue is a bit nieve. We are easy marks for most of these illegals and they are generally wanted in thier own countries for similar crimes. I've seen the financial information they make out better than I do on a monthly basis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Right...because this country, all of it, was acquired by legal means...

This country is nothing BUT immigrants, except for the Native Americans, which include the indigenous people of the Southwest (Spanish-speaking folks from the parts of Mexico that we usurped) and Hawaii. We pretty much stole most of the land in the U.S., I think it's okay if we share it.
    Sean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosmos View Post
    This country is nothing BUT immigrants, except for the Native Americans, which include the indigenous people of the Southwest (Spanish-speaking folks from the parts of Mexico that we usurped) and Hawaii. We pretty much stole most of the land in the U.S., I think it's okay if we share it.
    This country isn't just land. It also inlcudes what law abiding immigrants have done to it and sacrificed for it. I'd be glad to share it with law abiding immigrants who can respect the sacrifices people have made for it and act accordingly. There's nothing wrong with asking guests to respect the culture of the hosts.

I am NOT an immigrant. I was born here.
    Last edited by Dilloduck; 03-06-2008 at 10:24 PM.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all countries are nothing but immigrants.....every country was stolen....if i break into your house and just start living there and eating your food and taking your shit can i call that sharing....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yah yah blah blah blah. heard it all before. but what it comes down to is the illegal part of it. almost all of our ancestors that came here did it through the proper and legal channels. medical screening and all that jazz. why else do you think that we have had an incease in TB and Leprosy? nothing wrong if they wanna come here, the more the merrier i say. but to come here and take advantage of everything and suck us basically dry is no good.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    yah yah blah blah blah. heard it all before. but what it comes down to is the illegal part of it. almost all of our ancestors that came here did it through the proper and legal channels. medical screening and all that jazz. why else do you think that we have had an incease in TB and Leprosy? nothing wrong if they wanna come here, the more the merrier i say. but to come here and take advantage of everything and suck us basically dry is no good.
    Like the legal Trail of Tears and Wounded Knee. And the legal acquisition of the Southwest, complete with an existing population of Mexicans who had no problem being Mexicans (of course the natives there were slaughtered by the conquistadores but that's a whole 'nother shitbag). And the legal acquisition of the state of Hawaii. But you're right, that's really ancient news. Like, all the way fifty or sixty years ago. Who needs to remember any of that.
    Sean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I am NOT an immigrant. I was born here.
    So were the children of the illegals next door.
    Sean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So were the children of the illegals next door.
    My parents were ALSO born here. You are making a big mistake claiming that everyone living in the US is an immigrant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone living in the US can trace their ancestry here no further back than the pilgrims, unless they are Native. The vast majority of us are mixed blood, and a lot of folks can claim some native heritage. But mostly we came from other countries to this country, and mostly less than 3 generations ago. Are you telling me that all of your great-grandparents were born on U.S. soil? If so, you are a rare find. And one or more of them was Native American at least in part.
    Sean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    all countries are nothing but immigrants.....every country was stolen....if i break into your house and just start living there and eating your food and taking your shit can i call that sharing....
    this point is true.

unless of course you suscribe to one of two theories:

1. first man/person

well, you came from somewhere, if not god, then odds are you came from some land mass. maybe obama is right, africa is the mother land.

2. created by god

well, we were created, sinned, cast out, and then put in an Ark. after that, and the tower thing, where we thought we could climb to the heavens, we were spread/cast over the earth. after a world wide flood, which naturally would create an ice age.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone living in the US can trace their ancestry here no further back than the pilgrims, unless they are Native. The vast majority of us are mixed blood, and a lot of folks can claim some native heritage. But mostly we came from other countries to this country, and mostly less than 3 generations ago. Are you telling me that all of your great-grandparents were born on U.S. soil? If so, you are a rare find. And one or more of them was Native American at least in part.
    Right--they came here and became legal Americans, created America, fought for America, died for America and had American children. They invested their income and work in America. They learned the language of America and obeyed American law. My great -grandparents were legal immigrants. Their offspring are ALL 100% Americans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why is it that Martin has neither?