Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That makes perfect sense, but it doesn't really explain why he continued to be soft, even into his second term as President.
    For the same reason there's a group of people out there who are soft on the issue. Usually, it's the people who don't have to suffer the consquences of their actions who are most for something like this. Bush has his money and is set for life. People like that can afford to be magnanimous. They don't have to live on the West or South sides of San Antonio. Their health care is covered, if they get hit by an uninsured motorist they can pay cash for the fix, if their car is ripped off and taken across the border and chopped, they can just go buy a new one out of petty cash, and they send the butler to the grocery store.

They don't suffer the effects of overburdened social and financial infrastructure.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    That's how I feel too Dill. He's got nothing to lose by shutting down the border so there has to be something else in the works, like cheap labor for big business. I support him on iraq but I'm pissed about the border.
    I think everyone but the PC, idealistic nimrods and politicians are pissed. This is DEFINITELY a case of government blatantly disregarding the will of the majority. A trend that seems to be becoming more and more prevalent.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I see the same ones wrecking here as they go thru Austin---btw--I wake up this morning and hear a thud and a moan---I look outside my bedroom window and see three dudes beating this dude over the head with a log !!!! I call the cops and go out to check on the guy and they're all gone---just left behind a money tansfer slip to Banco de Mexico----crazy.
    Where in the hell was your pistol?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Don't get 'Dillo to shooting Mexicans. We don't need any Rodney King riots around here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I was running out the door with it after the 911 operator finally shut up---I'm catching those bastards first before I call next time !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I was running out the door with it after the 911 operator finally shut up---I'm catching those bastards first before I call next time !
    One time in Tampa, my girlfriend and I no more than shut the lights out and laid down in bed when someone started gimmying on the bedroom screen trying to pry it out. I grabbed my always within reach 44 mag revolver, held it up by the window, and in my best Clint voice said, "come on in, I got somethin' for ya", and cocked the pistol. I could HEAR the foot steps as this IDIOT took off like a rocket. I've thought that scenario over time after time since then, and if I had it to do over, I'd motion to my girlfriend to quitely leave the bedroom, and I'd have hidden and waited until the asswipe got in, then flipped on the lights and told him to freeze. If he didn't, I'd have splattered his brains all over the wall. This had to be the same son of a bitch that had broken in and robbed two other apartments right there.