Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    If the UN told you your state would now be half Muslim land would you fight the Muslims who moved in to claim that land?
    You have to put this in to context... the ME was on the losing side of the WWII teams and the spoils of war are determined by the winners...

The Israel area was to be managed by France and England following WWII... So yes, if your state had a war and you lost .... use your imagination...
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Under your train of thought we need to give the US back to the Indians.
    and most of europe and the middle east back to the romans.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is well known that Israel’s existence is largely due to the UN, the israelis have persisted in their refusal to adhere to dozens of UN resolutions that have been passed during the years aiming for some peace, the return of the Palestinian refugees to their homes, also calling for an Israeli withdrawal from occupied territories, and offcourse he actual establishment of permanent boundaries. However, why has Israel expanded its borders dramatically over the years??

And why did israel conduct the randcom attack on Jordan and Egypt in 1967 occupying the rest of historic Palestine, including Jerusalem. Israel also invaded Lebanon in 1982 and has continued to occupy a decent amount of Lebanese territory until today.

It just seems obvious that israel does not want peace, if it was serious about peace- it would cease its violent and oppressive policy towards the palestinians.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#UN_partition

The Arabs never agreed to the partition. Just like you would have never agreed to have your state partitioned off to a mass of foriegners by the UN.

They were against the agreement from the very start and it was forced on them anyway by the UN.

You would scream bloody murder too if it was your land and the UN forcing it on you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    with religious extremists that kill and blow themselves up in the name of Allah, God or whomever?

How can you negotiate with people that walk into a marketplace and then proceed to blow themselves up taking lots of innocent civilians with them?

How can you negotiate with people that strap bombs to children, themselves and others?

How can you negotiate with people celebrate and cheer when innocent people are killed?

Please someone explain to me just how you negotiate with this.

IMO you can't, the same way you can negotiate with people that protest soldiers funerals, blow abortion clinics up, destroy property in the name of the environment.

Some people cannot be reasoned with.
    I have been saying this same thing for years now, hell even some local Muslims I know around here that I share music with say that you can't, they say that you are going to have to kill every man, woman and child associated with the extremists, IOW you have to remove the tree by its roots.

Oh and also you have to get into the mud pit with them, this higher road no torture crap will get us killed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FSUK View Post
    It is well known that Israel’s existence is largely due to the UN, the israelis have persisted in their refusal to adhere to dozens of UN resolutions that have been passed during the years aiming for some peace, the return of the Palestinian refugees to their homes, also calling for an Israeli withdrawal from occupied territories, and offcourse he actual establishment of permanent boundaries. However, why has Israel expanded its borders dramatically over the years??

And why did israel conduct the randcom attack on Jordan and Egypt in 1967 occupying the rest of historic Palestine, including Jerusalem. Israel also invaded Lebanon in 1982 and has continued to occupy a decent amount of Lebanese territory until today.

It just seems obvious that israel does not want peace, if it was serious about peace- it would cease its violent and oppressive policy towards the palestinians.
    israel expands and takes land from those that attack it.....

this low grade war has been going on since israels inception.....

it just seems obvious that the arabs do not want peaces, if they did they would cease their violent and opressive policices towards israel.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many Palistinians are dead and how many Isrealis?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#UN_partition

The Arabs never agreed to the partition. Just like you would have never agreed to have your state partitioned off to a mass of foriegners by the UN.

They were against the agreement from the very start and it was forced on them anyway by the UN.

You would scream bloody murder too if it was your land and the UN forcing it on you.
    yes we are aware of this .....this is why they have been attacking them for 60 years .... you do know they fought on the axis side in WWII and lost ..... you do remeber germany had to give back lands they lost ..... the arabs lost the war ... they picked the wrong side .....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The root cause from the Palestinian side is the existence of Israel. I don't think negotiation with that is possible?
    No, the root cause is that they were given no choice but to pack up and leave their ancestral lands when Israel was created, all because the U.N. felt sorry for the Holocaust.

You act as if the Palestinians have no legitimate beef, surely you cannot believe that.

Modern day Israel is no better or different than South Africa was under apartheid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tm should google, grand mufti of jerusalem, and see how he cooperated with hitler to kill jews.

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    yes we are aware of this .....this is why they have been attacking them for 60 years .... you do know they fought on the axis side in WWII and lost ..... you do remeber germany had to give back lands they lost ..... the arabs lost the war ... they picked the wrong side .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

israel expands and takes land from those that attack it.....

this low grade war has been going on since israels inception.....

it just seems obvious that the arabs do not want peaces, if they did they would cease their violent and opressive policices towards israel.....
    How about the land that originally comprised Israel in 1947? They weren't attacked then were they? That is the root cause of the animosity, its the WAY AND MANNER in which Israel was created. Its no different than if the U.N. said tommorrow that it were moving only Mexicans back into Arizona, forcing the people already living their to vacate their properties and move into what essentially are concentration camps. No freakin way would the people of Arizona take that lying down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    No, the root cause is that they were given no choice but to pack up and leave their ancestral lands when Israel was created, all because the U.N. felt sorry for the Holocaust.

You act as if the Palestinians have no legitimate beef, surely you cannot believe that.

Modern day Israel is no better or different than South Africa was under apartheid.
    there are agreeved people in every nation in the world.....their greevance does not give them the right to blow up busses, pizza parlours or kill students....and if they belive they have that right then they should expect a symetrical if not greater response....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about the land that originally comprised Israel in 1947? They weren't attacked then were they? That is the root cause of the animosity, its the WAY AND MANNER in which Israel was created. Its no different than if the U.N. said tommorrow that it were moving only Mexicans back into Arizona, forcing the people already living their to vacate their properties and move into what essentially are concentration camps. No freakin way would the people of Arizona take that lying down.
    israel was attack within the first weeks of its existance by arab terrorists....

and it is different.....the arabs lost wwii.....arizona did not lose a war to mexico.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the UN drew a line around the land that jews and arabs were living in and called it israel..... a few days later the arabs started atacking israel ....israel has been defending itself every since .... the arabs keep attacking and loosing land .... now they are claiming foul and want the land back they lost .... israel then gives some of it back and they keep attacking them .... anyone know the fabel of the frog and the scorpion ....
    Thats false. Israel does not keep giving back the CORRECT LAND. All people displaced off of their properties should be returned there or their heirs, whomever is left. Israel enlarges the concentration camps which are the shittiest land in Israel but keep the juicy stuff for theirselves, moving settlers in if noone is there already.

Fact is, no Israel and we have peace in the M.E., keep Israel around and we wil never have peace there, ever.

And to address the spoils of war argument, we won, should we have created a new state in Japan, lets say, I mean we did win, right? Spoils of war is a bad agument for displacing people out of pity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thats false. Israel does not keep giving back the CORRECT LAND. All people displaced off of their properties should be returned there or their heirs, whomever is left. Israel enlarges the concentration camps which are the shittiest land in Israel but keep the juicy stuff for theirselves, moving settlers in if noone is there already.

Fact is, no Israel and we have peace in the M.E., keep Israel around and we wil never have peace there, ever.

And to address the spoils of war argument, we won, should we have created a new state in Japan, lets say, I mean we did win, right? Spoils of war is a bad agument for displacing people out of pity.
    Where's the 'juicy land' in Israel?