Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default "No one mourns Israeli massacres"

You always hear the details when Israelis are killed in attacks. You rarely hear when the reverse happens. What is behind the lack of equality in news coverage?

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9381.shtml

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not to be cold, but it really doesn't look like that baby was shot in the head.

but i can understand where this article is coming from and in the same breath i will say, there is a difference from an active defense from attacks, to walking into a school and randomly shooting.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree, there is never balanced with regard to this conflict. It is shocking and immoral. Clearly many people and media corporations feel that jewish blood is worth more than palestinian blood. Where is the equality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FSUK View Post
    I agree, there is never balanced with regard to this conflict. It is shocking and immoral. Clearly many people and media corporations feel that jewish blood is worth more than palestinian blood. Where is the equality.
    they have told how many have been killed and everything. just because the president didn't say 'sorry' we are being unfairly balanced? so it's not immoral that someone shoots up teenagers and fires rockets indiscrimnately? yes, it's sad that kids and innocents have died. it goes for both sides, and has been reported. but this is more like a anti-israli propaganda website, what with the "baby shot in the head crap".

why not condem and call the launchers of these rockets shocking and immoral that they use civilians houses as launch bases and as targets?
    Last edited by Monkeybone; 03-10-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Following the religious seminary attack last week, nearly all the international news channels kept referring to it as a ''massacre''. I condemn that sick attack in Jerusalem totally. However, 120 were butchered in Gaza that week, and NO global news channel called that a ''massacre''.

I agree, it is immoral to have rocket attacks into israel, however it is more equally immoral to respond by killing dozens and dozens of innocent people in gaza etc.

Israel has one of the best airforces and best best equipped military in the world. They should be able to carry out 'surgical' strikes instead of simply killing for the sake of killing - in order to demonstrate to their own citizens that they are strong in the face of terror.
    Last edited by FSUK; 03-10-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Following the religious seminary attack last week, nearly all the international news channels kept referring to it as a ''massacre''. I condemn that sick attack in Jerusalem totally. However, 120 were butchered in Gaza that week, and NO global news channel called that a ''massacre''.

I agree, it is immoral to have rocket attacks into israel, however it is more equally immoral to respond by killing dozens and dozens of innocent people in gaza etc.

Israel has one of the best airforces and best best equipped military in the world. They should be able to carry out 'surgical' strikes instead of simply killing for the sake of killing - in order to demonstrate to their own citizens that they are strong in the face of terror.

understandable. but there is also collateral damage (don't mean to sound cold) and outright killing to kill. there is a difference between someone that knows that an armed force is coming to take out where these rockets are being launched from and students sitting around a table. and that is why one is called a massacre and the others aren't.

what proof do you have that they are killing for the sake of killing? other than accidents where civilians have been killed, where has there been a straight massarce by the IDF? if they wanted to do that, then why not just carpet bomb where they rockets come from? why even use ground forces?
    Last edited by Monkeybone; 03-10-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    understandable. but there is also collateral damage (don't mean to sound cold) and outright killing to kill. there is a difference between someone that knows that an armed force is coming to take out where these rockets are being launched from and students sitting around a table. and that is why one is called a massacre and the others aren't.

what proof do you have that they are killing for the sake of killing? other than accidents where civilians have been killed, where has there been a straight massarce by the IDF? if they wanted to do that, then why not just carpet bomb where they rockets come from? why even use ground forces?
    I simply mean- that every time israel responds, they seem to cause a disproportionate level of loss of life. This happens every time, therefore, it seems as though they dont give a shit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You always hear the details when Israelis are killed in attacks. You rarely hear when the reverse happens. What is behind the lack of equality in news coverage?

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9381.shtml
    Because of Jewish power and money which is immense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    they have told how many have been killed and everything. just because the president didn't say 'sorry' we are being unfairly balanced? so it's not immoral that someone shoots up teenagers and fires rockets indiscrimnately? yes, it's sad that kids and innocents have died. it goes for both sides, and has been reported. but this is more like a anti-israli propaganda website, what with the "baby shot in the head crap".

why not condem and call the launchers of these rockets shocking and immoral that they use civilians houses as launch bases and as targets?
    I do condemn the rocket launchers and their tactics but I also understand that they have a legitimate beef. I also recognize that they use what is at their disposal, I also recognize that the Israelis use what is at America's disposal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There have been massacres and atrocities on the Israeli side as well, here is an example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/4167929.stm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I simply mean- that every time israel responds, they seem to cause a disproportionate level of loss of life. This happens every time, therefore, it seems as though they dont give a shit.
    pearl harbor v. hiroshima/nagasaki

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    pearl harbor v. hiroshima/nagasaki
    Many could argue that the Atomics were unneccessary not that i'd be 1 that would agree with that asessment though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't feel sorry for savages who fire rockets into highly populated areas and do so from the homes of women and children so that it will look bad when the Israelis strike back at them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Many could argue that the Atomics were unneccessary not that i'd be 1 that would agree with that asessment though.
    that is why i presented it.

so america was right to defend herself?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I don't feel sorry for savages who fire rockets into highly populated areas and do so from the homes of women and children so that it will look bad when the Israelis strike back at them.
    Do you feel sorry for the refugees who get killed when the Israelis use bombs and tanks to seek reprisals?
    Let's stop thinking that the Israelis are any less terrorist than the Palestinians. They are both equally reprehensible. You can justify going "chicken and egg" with the ongoing attacks.

Perhaps we should drop a nuke that destroys BOTH sides.