Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "If Obama Was A White Man, He Would Not Be In This Position."

Ferraro's Remarks About Obama Decried

Mar 11, 4:27 PM (ET)
    By ANN SANNER

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday she disagrees with Geraldine Ferraro, one of her fundraisers and the 1984 vice presidential candidate, for suggesting that Barack Obama only achieved his status in the presidential race because he's black.

In a brief interview with The Associated Press, Clinton was questioned about Ferraro's remarks. The Obama campaign has called on the New York senator to denounce them.

Ferraro told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, Calif.: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

The newspaper published the interview last Friday.

Article continues here....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wished I had bought stocks in popcorn watching this Democrat election...

thats racist

thats sexist

thats racist

thats sexist

blah bla bleep....

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I wished I had bought stocks in popcorn watching this Democrat election...

thats racist

thats sexist

thats racist

thats sexist

blah bla bleep....

No shit! ....

But the libs are the party of "inclusion and tolerance".... yeah right....

Blacks are voting for hussein over hitlery 9 to 1... but that's not racist... because they're black.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 03-12-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What happened to Affirmative Action? If we have two candidates for the same job who are equal, then the black guy has to get the job. You have to make up for past sins. Practice what you preach, Democrats!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just shows how desperate Hillary Clieberman is to secure the nomination. All the more reason to kick her to the curb.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I find it just a bit hilarious how quickly the most diehard Clinton fans have all of a sudden seen the light now that they have a new Messiah to lead them. What did Geraldine Ferraro say that wasn't true? If some preacher sounding empty suited white boy would be promising the exact same bullshit that Obammesiah is saying, he would be laughed off the stage like Vanilla Ice. The fact is, Vanilla Ice did everything the same as a black performer but some how it really looks stupid when a white boy does it........ no, it looks just as stupid when the black guy does it too....... more double standard horse shit.

I'm impressed with how candid Ferraro was.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

She said the same thing about Jesse Jackson back in 1988. At least she's consistant.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    She said the same thing about Jesse Jackson back in 1988. At least she's consistant.
    She was right then too. I would laugh a white guy off the stage that would start up with that unintelligible rhyming crap too. At least Obammessiah starts out speaking semi intelligent...... unfortunately the longer the speech, the more time he has to channel MLK and get that preacher bullshit going.

I went to college with a black guy who was very intelligent and presented himself that way in the way he spoke and worked with his fellow students. But, when you smoked a joint with him, the street jive would come out in him...... very funny to watch. He was a good friend and we would give him so much shit about that and he would deny it. Someone finally taped him, it was priceless to see his reaction.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the title of this thread is 100% correct.

I am asking myself: Why? Why wouldn't he be in his current position? Would Bush have become president if he had been black?

Sure. We would like to be able to say that the color of ones skin is of no importance today in this country. But still, I think that if "Obama Was A White Man, He Would Not Be In This Position". Then, who else wouldn't be where he is if the color of his skin was different? Rich or poor.

I think the country still suffers from open wounds, stemming all the way from the days of slavery. It seems very hard to get a closure on this matter. There is one exception, one field we can learn from: Sports.

In sports nothing but the ability to deliver is taken in account. Sure, teams have domestic argument about race and origin but at the end of the day the only issue is to make the team perform at its best.

We 'civilians' can't measure our united effort as citizens as easy as in a game of sport. But imagine if we could! Think of it. What acheivements could not this country accomplish?

Now you might think that it is naive since not everyone is a sports person in mind. Well, that isn't what makes a team a team. It is loyalty. And if we could be loyal to eachother we would still make a great team. Bear with me.

What does it take to be loyal? It takes personal sacrifice. Sometimes you will have to set your personal wishes aside. You can't be anything before American.

Hence:
    American Muslim.
    American Christian.
    American KKK-member.
    American White.
    American Black.

Not black American or Afroamerican. Obama is an American Black. Same team. If he get's to be Captain for a while? This team will perform at its best anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." - Geraldine Ferraro, March 10, 2008
    And this from a HILLARY CLINTON supporter? That has to be the most astoundingly obtuse quote of the entire Presidential campaign season so far. Boy, when you get these silly people going, there's no telling what they'll come up with next.

Whether her remarks apply to Obama or not (something I doubt), consider how accurately they apply to Ferraro's own present hero, Hillary Clinton. Would she be where she is, if she were not a woman?

If Hillary were not a woman, then another thing she would not be, is the wife of a former President. And everything she is today, has been "achieved" purely by riding the coattails of her husband.

It's hard to call her humiliating failure at enacting socialized health care in 1993, an "achievement", but even that came solely because she was the President's wife, not because of any qualification or past experience she had as either a legislator, manager, or medical person. She had never been any of those.

And, humiliating as her failure was, there was little else she could point to as a "qualification" to run for Senate. Would the people of New York state have voted for an anonymous lawyer from Connecticut and Arkansas, to be their choice for U.S. Senator? Hardly. Only her visibility and strident rhetoric from various White-House-related podiums and press conferences, has given her the "name recognition" to be noticeable above the run-of-the-mill bureaucrats infesting the elite East Coast halls of government. And she earned none of those podiums or venues. Only by virtue of her husband being elected President, was she able to take advantage of them.

And even today, she can point to little else than her Senate "experience" (where she also accomplished nothing), plus vague references to carefully-unspecified "experience" before that time, as her qualification to assume the highest office in the land.

If Ferraro wants to castigate someone for achieving what he has by virtue of his color or gender (she applied both to Obama for some reason), she's criticizing the wrong Democrat.

People who live in glass houses, should be careful about throwing stones. And Ferraros' house here, is so fragile, that I have to wonder about her intelligence and sanity in even TRYING to throw that particular missile.

Democrats sure get weird when they're losing. Nowhere has that been more starkly visible than with Geraldine Ferraro's latest blurt in support of her saviour Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 03-12-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Whether her remarks apply to Obama or not (something I doubt),...
    I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say she's dead on. This "let's elect a black man President" thing I think is spawned and fueled by white people's guilt. The guilt that's been hammered into their skulls for the last couple centuries that only white people are racists and we all owe the blacks something. It's coming from the same place that helped create AA. This is those guilty feeling white people's chance to once and for all prove to the black people that they're not racist. What better a thing can they do than elect a black man President? That ought to prove once and for all that white people aren't the racist monsters that the blacks have been accusing us of being all these years. It ought to put an end to AA too, because hey, if a black man can become President of the United States, why on earth would there be any more need for AA?

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    If Ferraro wants to castigate someone for achieving what he has by virtue of his color or gender (she applied both to Obama for some reason), she's criticizing the wrong Democrat.

People who live in glass houses, should be careful about throwing stones. And Ferraros' house here, is so fragile, that I have to wonder about her intelligence and sanity in even TRYING to throw that particular missile.

Democrats sure get weird when they're losing. Nowhere has that been more starkly visible than with Geraldine Ferraro's latest blurt in support of her saviour Hillary Clinton.
    Well just keep your eyes or ears peeled today, because I believe they're going to make her APOLOGIZE for her statement.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 03-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I heard on Fox today,it sounds like Ferraro is defending her statements on her website. Something ending in "how's that?" to the media.

The media is making me disgusted to no end in this election. They will baby Obama right into the White House. All that we hear over and over is how race shouldn't matter, religion shouldn't matter, gender shouldn't matter,yet the media makes it everything.

Can anyone remember a time when they were as nice to a candidate as they are to Obama?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    From what I heard on Fox today,it sounds like Ferraro is defending her statements on her website. Something ending in "how's that?" to the media.

The media is making me disgusted to no end in this election. They will baby Obama right into the White House. All that we hear over and over is how race shouldn't matter, religion shouldn't matter, gender shouldn't matter,yet the media makes it everything.

Can anyone remember a time when they were as nice to a candidate as they are to Obama?
    No. Not even the first black President bubba clinton got the "messiah" treatment that bambam hussein is getting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    To a candidate, no. They were fawning almost sickeningly over Hillary after her husband carried her into the White House, and even after her Health Care debacle. But she wasn't a candidate for anything.

Unless you count the time of her husband's inauguration, as the start of her 16-year campaign for the Presidency herself - not an unlikely description, all things considered. In which case yes, the media HAS treated a candidate even more nicely than they are treating Obama now.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ferraro is leaving the Clinton campaign

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-clinton-post/

I think Hillary has been a total wimp on this one. She ought to stand up to this media spin and stop letting the media get away with what they do.

Not that I support her ...