Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I'm sure you got my point...now you go ahead and move along..
    your "point" was, as expected, high on smilie content and devoid of intellectual content.

I guess I should just give up expecting any more from you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    your "point" was, as expected, high on smilie content and devoid of intellectual content.

I guess I should just give up expecting any more from you.
    whatever...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Sorry bout that,

if you draw a line in the sand and proclaim everyone on the other side of the line to be your enemy, you should not, then, be surprised when people on the other side of the line start to feel as if you are their enemy.

1. I understand your point.
    2. And it was very well made.
    3. Why should Islam expect anything else from *The West*.
    4. Islam isn't winning the hearts of America, or any other Nation.
    5. With constant attacks on innocent people.
    6. I just wonder like hell, when will *The West* really start getting tough with Islam?
    7. As of now, we have fought with the gloves on.
    8. When shall we take the gloves off, and what shall make us do it is the main question.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. I understand your point.
    2. And it was very well made.
    3. Why should Islam expect anything else from *The West*.
    4. Islam isn't winning the hearts of America, or any other Nation.
    5. With constant attacks on innocent people.
    6. I just wonder like hell, when will *The West* really start getting tough with Islam?
    7. As of now, we have fought with the gloves on.
    8. When shall we take the gloves off, and what shall make us do it is the main question.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    as long as we portray Islam to be the enemy, they will continue to become so.

The enemy is not Islam but a fringe element thereof. Until we figure that out, we will always make more enemies than we kill.
    Last edited by retiredman; 03-13-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you draw a line in the sand and proclaim everyone on the other side of the line to be your enemy, you should not, then, be surprised when people on the other side of the line start to feel as if you are their enemy.
    there does come a time when you do need to seperate true enemies, and if that means drawing a line in the sand, so be it. especially if that enemy has declared war on your way of life for over 1400 years.

better make sure you are on the right side.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To say all muslims is just as dishonest as pretending its just a fringe, it is mainstream islam today, and has been for the last 1400 years, just because not all, do the terrorist acts, doesnt mean, not most are taught to commit jihad, and many support it financially or our sympathetic to it.

you see to make excuses for it, in a sense

as long as we portray Islam to be the enemy, they will continue to become so.

The enemy is not Islam but a fringe element thereof. Until we figure that out, we will always make more enemies than we kill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    To say all muslims is just as dishonest as pretending its just a fringe, it is mainstream islam today, and has been for the last 1400 years, just because not all, do the terrorist acts, doesnt mean, not most are taught to commit jihad, and many support it financially or our sympathetic to it.

you see to make excuses for it, in a sense
    you are wrong. mainstream muslim society does NOT seek to destroy the west. I make no excuses for radical extremist islam. I object when folks who claim to have been to the region - such as yourself - remain willfully ignorant of it and of the people living there,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you are wrong. mainstream muslim society does NOT seek to destroy the west. I make no excuses for radical extremist islam. I object when folks who claim to have been to the region - such as yourself - remain willfully ignorant of it and of the people living there,
    You are wrong. Main stream muslims follow the laws of islam. Which is to conquer and subdue the infidel. Just because they are not taking up arms does not mean they are not supporting the radicals.

For someone who has been there, you remain willfully ignorant of what is going on. Things have changed since you were there. Muslim propaganda and hate has been ramped up. It's like me saying I know what's going on in Vietnam now because I was there 41 years ago.

You claim to know a lot about islam because you read up on it. You read books by apologists and dhimmis who want to paint islam as something nice and wonderful when its and evil cult that is the complete opposite of everything you believe in. Not all muslims are evil, but the majority have been misled. That group continues to grow, not because of what we do, but because its drilled into them daily. The media there is as effective as the media here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    You are wrong. Main stream muslims follow the laws of islam. Which is to conquer and subdue the infidel. Just because they are not taking up arms does not mean they are not supporting the radicals.

For someone who has been there, you remain willfully ignorant of what is going on. Things have changed since you were there. Muslim propaganda and hate has been ramped up. It's like me saying I know what's going on in Vietnam now because I was there 41 years ago.

You claim to know a lot about islam because you read up on it. You read books by apologists and dhimmis who want to paint islam as something nice and wonderful when its and evil cult that is the complete opposite of everything you believe in. Not all muslims are evil, but the majority have been misled. That group continues to grow, not because of what we do, but because its drilled into them daily. The media there is as effective as the media here.
    and you know this because you were in the middle east...when?

and please tell me how you know what books I read?

Is Sayyid Qutb an apologist and dhimmi?

And again...please tell me the basis for your apparent expertise regarding middle east media and its effectiveness.

I'll wait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and you know this because you were in the middle east...when?

and please tell me how you know what books I read?

Is Sayyid Qutb an apologist and dhimmi?

And again...please tell me the basis for your apparent expertise regarding middle east media and its effectiveness.

I'll wait.
    I never said I was in the middle east.

I know what books you have said you read in posts on this board many moons ago. They were all apologist authors at that time.

Haven't read Qutb so can't comment on that author. Have you read Spencer?

Let's see. Shows for children that call for them to join jihad and hate jews and infidels. Shows depicting jews as evil monsters seeking arab victims. Talk shows condemning Israel with speakers and imams talking about the destruction of Israel. News reports condemning Israel and praising hamas and hezbo. Holocaust denial. Not to mention the tons of stuff on the internet.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question... who drew that line? Them or us?

Seems to me like they drew the line, proclaimed us the enemy and now we are starting to feel like THEY are the enemy. Maybe you are right... they should not be surprised.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thing that gets me is the unbelievable gall of these people. What do they expect when the only thing that ever comes out of the Middle East is violence?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    The thing that gets me is the unbelievable gall of these people. What do they expect when the only thing that ever comes out of the Middle East is violence?
    i agree Hag.. i am very much live and let live. but it also is very confusing to hear, " We are a peaceful people. If you call us violent, we're gonna kill you." ummm...ok?
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Question... who drew that line? Them or us?

Seems to me like they drew the line, proclaimed us the enemy and now we are starting to feel like THEY are the enemy. Maybe you are right... they should not be surprised.

Immie

I do not think that the entire Islamic world drew a line in the sand and declared us enemy. I do, however, think that many Americans have drawn such a line.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not think that the entire Islamic world drew a line in the sand and declared us enemy. I do, however, think that many Americans have drawn such a line.
    I do not think that the entire western world drew a line in the sand and declared islam the enemy. I do, however, think that many muslims have drawn such a line.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus