Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I would be more interested if AI was a real talent contest. But it is obviously not.
    Because AI is television, it has to be entertaining. Which means there have to be contestants where writers can pen their pithy replies for Simon and clueless retorts for Paula.

I made a point to read some of the stories written about this year's AI. The majority of them agreed that some woman named Melinda was by far the best of this year's AI lot. But the AI insiders said she lacked personality and that the predominately young female audience/voters leaned toward the others.
    Another talented performer was released because he did not "properly respect the judges." And he "wasn't enthusiastic enough."

Paula's gaffe a few weeks ago pointed out (again) that the show itself is scripted. Which may have backfired on cute David, since the judges were obviously favoring him over the last couple of episodes.

AI is good television. But it is rarely a barometer of talent.
    Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have become big sellers. But two other success stories were not winners -- Clay Aiken and Daughtry.

The fate of other AI winners:
    Ruben Studdard -- released two albums that didn't sell

Fantasia Barrino -- released two albums that didn't sell. Now concentrating on acting.

Taylor Hicks -- sold 700,000 albums, but no radio hits and no plans for a second album. Has committed an open-ended run in the play Grease.

Jordin Sparks -- debut album sold well. Left AI brass unhappy with her diva behavior on last season's AI tour. Canceled several dates on current tour due to throat problems.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well.... there IS a lot of people that get into it.....

Cook hometown celebrates 'Idol' win

2008-05-22 20:30:07
    By ANDALE GROSS Associated Press Writer

BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. (AP) — The mood was surprisingly low-key Thursday at David Cook's high school a day after his "American Idol" win.

"I think everybody is celebrated-out from last night," said Angela Hart, who helped organize a viewing party of Cook fans on Wednesday, when the 25-year-old Blue Springs native beat teenage crooner David Archuleta by 12 million votes to become the seventh "American Idol".

Or it could be that the seniors were finished for the year on Wednesday.

In the front office, secretaries shared their memories of Cook and wore black T-shirts proclaiming him as the "American Idol" champion. "We've had David Cook enthusiasm here for weeks now," said secretary Karen Sturges, who was decorating an office bulletin board that will read "David Cook Is Our Idol" when she's through.

Blue Springs South activities director Mark Bubalo said school officials are waiting to hear from "Idol" organizers before planning an official celebration for Cook, who graduated from the school in 2001. But he said he did hear fireworks in his neighborhood after Cook was announced the winner.

"Usually that's reserved for the Super Bowl or World Series championship," he said. "But David Cook got the love last night."

http://charter.net/news/news_reader....829&feedid=241

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tonight I predict David Cook will be kicked out.

At last, a prediction I'm *sure* to win!!! He's the only one left!!! Heee hee hee

Only way he can stay in is if they cancel tonight's show or something.

"The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Tonight I predict David Cook will be kicked out.

At last, a prediction I'm *sure* to win!!! He's the only one left!!! Heee hee hee

Only way he can stay in is if they cancel tonight's show or something.

Can you make it until January?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What happened to tonight's show????

We Wuz Robbed!!!
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com