Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Month of April Contest!

To promote activity within the forum I am going to holding a month long contest for the duration of April. The winner will receive $50 via Paypal.

You'll have an opportunity to win by doing what you already do, which is to participate on our forums. The more you participate, the better chance you have of winning.

Here is the criteria I will be using to select a winner:

Total Posts - Total posts made in the month of April

Threads Started (Total & Total Forums) - Total threads started for the month of April, and how many individual forums were used in starting these threads.

Reputation Received - Total Reputation points received for the month of April.

Reputation Given - Total Reputation given out for the month of April.

Blog Comments - Total Comments left on blog entries http://blog.debatepolicy.com

Referrers - Refer new members to the board and have a substantially better chance of winning, as I will give extra weight to this category. To read more about how to link someone to the board and receive credit for their signing up:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/faq.php?...errals_explain

Reputation points can and will be monitored to ensure no one tries to win via cheating. Posts and/or threads should be on topic, and not one word replies simply to add another notch to your post count. I will look at this when I sort the top posters and thread creators for the month!

The contest will start this upcoming Tuesday, April 1st. I will give a weekly update showing the top contenders.

Good luck to all!

(Shoot me a PM if you have any questions pertaining to the contest)
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The Gabosaurus does not participate in paypal, because she doesn't trust the system.
    Do carry on though. I just needed to get in that bitch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Gabosaurus does not participate in paypal, because she doesn't trust the system.
    Do carry on though. I just needed to get in that bitch.
    It would be money you never had, so the risk of losing anything from them is minimal. You can get the funds and use them quickly, even make a donation to the board if you'd like!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The contest winner is Red States Rule

He had more posts than our runner up, manfrommaine, by a few hundred posts. He also got a referral which carried extra weight. The board also calculated threads started, threads replied to, rep received, rep given and a few other categories.

Congrats to RSR for being our winner and being such an active member through the month of April.

I'd like to send some thanks to MFM, Glockmail & Pale Rider. All 3 were also very active participants on the board last month.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I contacted RSR through PM and his initial response was for me to keep the winnings and consider it a donation from him towards board costs. I explained to him in a subsequent PM that he won fair and square, and if he wants to contribute, that's fine, but let me send him half at least and that would be MORE than fair, but he still won't give me an address to send it to and states again to use it towards the board.

Whether you agree with his stances or not, see him as a friend or not, I thought this was a classy move to make, and thought I would share with the board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

BTW - I am going to peek around the larger "community" to see if there are any types of enhancements I can add to the board. If I can find something useful for us, or something that will make our experience here better, I will use the funds towards that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shit I'd take the money. LN needs a new cellphone (the next top item on my graduation wish list) as well as the laptop. I don't have so much time to play here tho.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I contacted RSR through PM and his initial response was for me to keep the winnings and consider it a donation from him towards board costs. I explained to him in a subsequent PM that he won fair and square, and if he wants to contribute, that's fine, but let me send him half at least and that would be MORE than fair, but he still won't give me an address to send it to and states again to use it towards the board.

Whether you agree with his stances or not, see him as a friend or not, I thought this was a classy move to make, and thought I would share with the board.

RSR is Classact?

Way to go RSR!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Shit I'd take the money. LN needs a new cellphone (the next top item on my graduation wish list) as well as the laptop. I don't have so much time to play here tho.................

You still owe Jim the money for the bet that you lost and then welched on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He said he wouldn't take it at one time during the discussion, and just wanted me to admit to being wrong, that enough for me. I don't have no monies.

Quit happy to take any handouts I can get. Who wants class when you can have "stuff".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He said he wouldn't take it at one time during the discussion, and just wanted me to admit to being wrong, that enough for me. I don't have no monies.

Quit happy to take any handouts I can get. Who wants class when you can have "stuff".
    Hush up girl and clean up some more poop. That will earn ya some dough.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Congrats RSR!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Here's proof that if the subject is dumb enough, you can catch them by simply digging a hole and leaving it open for them to fall in to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Who wants class when you can have "stuff".
    I do. Long after I'm dead, people will remember that I had class. Perhaps that will inspire one person to live similarly. Then maybe, just maybe, that person will inspire someone else. And so on...

I'd rather be thought of as a person of good character than just a collector of "stuff."

What good is "stuff?" It's just..."stuff."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I do. Long after I'm dead, people will remember that I had class. Perhaps that will inspire one person to live similarly. Then maybe, just maybe, that person will inspire someone else. And so on...

I'd rather be thought of as a person of good character than just a collector of "stuff."

What good is "stuff?" It's just..."stuff."
    class will live forever....stuff is taken to the dump......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus