Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Admirals and Generals Threaten to Quit if Shrub attacks Iran

As the World turns, young shrub can’t get no satisfaction.

Some of America's most senior military commanders are prepared to resign if the White House orders a military strike against Iran, according to highly placed defense and intelligence sources.

Tension in the Gulf region has raised fears that an attack on Iran is becoming increasingly likely before President George Bush leaves office. The Sunday Times has learned that up to five generals and admirals are willing to resign rather than approve what they consider would be a reckless attack.

"There are four or five generals and admirals we know of who would resign if Bush ordered an attack on Iran," a source with close ties to British intelligence said. "There is simply no stomach for it in the Pentagon, and a lot of people question whether such an attack would be effective or even possible."

(snip)

A generals' revolt on such a scale would be unprecedented. "American generals usually stay and fight until they get fired," said a Pentagon source. Robert Gates, the defense secretary, has repeatedly warned against striking Iran and is believed to represent the view of his senior commanders.

More: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1434540.ece

It is a shame that the lil’ shit couldn’t get a little more time in the War College during his short and unremarkable time in the Texas Air National Guard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah yes....

All those UnNamed generals and admirals in that article are going to hold their breath and stomp their feet....

Way to go...

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Why do people buy INTO this bs, Stephanie? Why do you think Psycho believes this crap? People can be weak-minded,
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    It is a shame that the lil’ shit couldn’t get a little more time in the War College during his short and unremarkable time in the Texas Air National Guard.
    Yeah, he should have gone here while you were an instructor there right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    As the World turns, young shrub can’t get no satisfaction.

Some of America's most senior military commanders are prepared to resign if the White House orders a military strike against Iran, according to highly placed defense and intelligence sources.

Tension in the Gulf region has raised fears that an attack on Iran is becoming increasingly likely before President George Bush leaves office. The Sunday Times has learned that up to five generals and admirals are willing to resign rather than approve what they consider would be a reckless attack.

"There are four or five generals and admirals we know of who would resign if Bush ordered an attack on Iran," a source with close ties to British intelligence said. "There is simply no stomach for it in the Pentagon, and a lot of people question whether such an attack would be effective or even possible."

(snip)

A generals' revolt on such a scale would be unprecedented. "American generals usually stay and fight until they get fired," said a Pentagon source. Robert Gates, the defense secretary, has repeatedly warned against striking Iran and is believed to represent the view of his senior commanders.

More: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1434540.ece

Let the pussies resign. It isn't like there are just as qualified individuals waiting in the wings for them to free up the slots anyway.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey look...............british intelligence is suddenly reliable again..........

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post

hey look...............british intelligence is suddenly reliable again..........
    ...from one post to the next.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Let the pussies resign. It isn't like there are just as qualified individuals waiting in the wings for them to free up the slots anyway.
    I completely agree. The Commander-in-Chief of the Military is the President of the United States, not some unnamed generals. If they don't like the Presidents decisions, they can resign (although I think they should be court martialed. After all if a private refused an order from his commanding officer, he would be, why should those at the top who refuse an order from their commanding officer be allowed to 'resign' when they dont like the order?).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I completely agree. The Commander-in-Chief of the Military is the President of the United States, not some unnamed generals. If they don't like the Presidents decisions, they can resign (although I think they should be court martialed. After all if a private refused an order from his commanding officer, he would be, why should those at the top who refuse an order from their commanding officer be allowed to 'resign' when they dont like the order?).
    rank has its privilege

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    rank has its privilege
    Perhaps, but it should also teach you to know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps, but it should also teach you to know better.
    yes it should.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I really didn't see anything about refusing an order. It says they're threatening to resign in protest. If it was a SgtMaj (E-9), he would be allowed to retire.

I also believe the President/Service Secretary has the right to deny the request. Not 100% sure how it works with officers. I also believe they can be charged and tried if they actually refuse to obey an order. I think the last time it came to that was MacArthur (publicly denouncing Truman's policy in regard to China). He wasn't charged, but was relieved of his command and forced to retire.

I retired at 20 with 2 years remaining on my contract. Once you are retirement eligible, you can reuqest it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think the biggest mistake of the Bush Administration is obvious.....President Bush didn't fire Karl Rove and appoint Psychoblues as his chief consultant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I think the biggest mistake of the Bush Administration is obvious.....President Bush didn't fire Karl Rove and appoint Psychoblues as his chief consultant.
    Maybe Psycho is Rove... He is just trying to get support for his positions by making those who oppose them look like raving lunatics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Maybe Psycho is Rove... He is just trying to get support for his positions by making those who oppose them look like raving lunatics.
    I think Psycho is Al Franken.