Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default F-15 pilot sues boeing

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...ml?ESRC=dod.nl

A Missouri Air National Guard pilot filed suit this week in U.S. District Court, claiming Boeing Corp. "should have known" the F-15C Eagle that broke in half during a training mission last November was "defective and unreasonably dangerous."

Maj. Stephen Stilwell suffered severe injuries when he bailed out of the F-15C over rural Dent County, in south-central Missouri, on Nov. 2.

A native of Chillicothe, Mo., Stilwell, 37, was based with the 131st Fighter Wing at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.

After the accident, the Air Force grounded more than 300 older model F-15s after finding cracks in some planes and parts that didn't meet safety specifications in others.

I suffered from a busted anckle and phycological trama in boot camp can I sue the army. This pilot is a joke, why doesnt he sue the air force for failure to maintain there equipment, its not boeing fault that the air force fails to maintain there aircraft. You can claim what ever hocus pocus you want but the bottom line is the military is not doing the very expensive major overhalls that are required of these aircraft as they age so they are falling apart, just because they change the oil (so to speak) does not mean they will run forever.
    Last edited by 5stringJeff; 04-03-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...ml?ESRC=dod.nl

A Missouri Air National Guard pilot filed suit this week in U.S. District Court, claiming Boeing Corp. "should have known" the F-15C Eagle that broke in half during a training mission last November was "defective and unreasonably dangerous."

Maj. Stephen Stilwell suffered severe injuries when he bailed out of the F-15C over rural Dent County, in south-central Missouri, on Nov. 2.

A native of Chillicothe, Mo., Stilwell, 37, was based with the 131st Fighter Wing at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.

After the accident, the Air Force grounded more than 300 older model F-15s after finding cracks in some planes and parts that didn't meet safety specifications in others.

I suffered from a busted anckle and phycological trama in boot camp can I sue the army. This pilot is a joke, why doesnt he sue the air force for failure to maintain there equipment, its not boeing fault that the air force fails to maintain there aircraft. You can claim what ever hocus pocus you want but the bottom line is the military is not doing the very expensive major overhalls that are required of these aircraft as they age so they are falling apart, just because they change the oil (so to speak) does not mean they will run forever.
    Because Boeing built the shitty plane, RP, those fractures only occur in those aircraft due to two things: shitty worksmanship, and gross criminal negligence as it regards to safety standard. This was an oops I tripped, this was the god damn plane breaking apart in air for no good reason.

Imagine, RP, if you car fell apart while you were driving away from the auto dealer, and you got seriously and permanently injured from it. what it was your fault for not having advanced technical degrees? No, of course not, the manufacturer put a death trap on the road. Now let's put that F-15 in combat, but with payload, and see where the crash goes, maybe then it will matter to you.
    Last edited by 5stringJeff; 04-03-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Because Boeing built the shitty plane, RP, those fractures only occur in those aircraft due to two things: shitty worksmanship, and gross criminal negligence as it regards to safety standard. This was an oops I tripped, this was the god damn plane breaking apart in air for no good reason.

Imagine, RP, if you car fell apart while you were driving away from the auto dealer, and you got seriously and permanently injured from it. what it was your fault for not having advanced technical degrees? No, of course not, the manufacturer put a death trap on the road. Now let's put that F-15 in combat, but with payload, and see where the crash goes, maybe then it will matter to you.
    Whatever dude, if you want to be apart of the lawsuit happy culture thats fine, but it disolves your credibility down to a hill of beans. If this plane was right off the assembly line I would agree but this plane has likely been in service for 20-30 years and if I drove my truck for 30 years and all I did was put gas in it and change the oil I would consider myself blessed to have it run for so long. The military does a slack ass job of maintaining its equipment properly, all they do is the superficial stuff, there are numerous articles about the air forces aging planes and there unwillingness to perform major maintence (because its expensive boo hoo).

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...ngaircraft.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever dude, if you want to be apart of the lawsuit happy culture thats fine, but it disolves your credibility down to a hill of beans. If this plane was right off the assembly line I would agree but this plane has likely been in service for 20-30 years and if I drove my truck for 30 years and all I did was put gas in it and change the oil I would consider myself blessed to have it run for so long. The military does a slack ass job of maintaining its equipment properly, all they do is the superficial stuff, there are numerous articles about the air forces aging planes and there unwillingness to perform major maintence (because its expensive boo hoo).

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...ngaircraft.htm
    You are a moron if you don't think that we (the Air Force) don't do major overhauls of all our aircraft. We do scheduled phase inspections at specified flight hours(500, 1000, 2000) and they differ in the amount of maintenance done at each phase time. This plane did have all of its inspections and there was no shoddy maintenance. If there was, you would be posting about the enlisted aircraft mechanics that were in trouble for it. Give me a break! This was something that we had no instructions to inspect and had no previous malfunctions to make up a search for this issue. Slack ass job, FUCK YOU! Come over here to Korea and see just how superficial the maintenance I do is. You don't have a fuckin' clue!

AF
    Last edited by AFbombloader; 04-06-2008 at 03:21 AM.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The F-15C model, built by McDonnell Douglas, not Boeing, was introduced in 1979. The Air National Guard gets them after The Air Force has flown them a great deal and retire them to the guard, this aircraft flew many hours experiencing major stresses before this happened. To say that the F-15C is a shitty plane built by Boeing is silly on numerous levels.

This pilot would probably disagree with your assessment of the F-15. An airplane isn't a car and a car isn't put through the extreme stresses that a fighter aircraft is put through....... poor analogy. This lawsuit is bullshit. The only reason he is suing Boeing is because of Boeing's merger with McDonnell Douglas in 1997.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwyU30g7rI[/YOUTUBE]

GO AIR FORCE!
    Last edited by Sitarro; 04-06-2008 at 04:03 AM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    You are a moron if you don't think that we (the Air Force) don't do major overhauls of all our aircraft. We do scheduled phase inspections at specified flight hours(500, 1000, 2000) and they differ in the amount of maintenance done at each phase time. This plane did have all of its inspections and there was no shoddy maintenance. If there was, you would be posting about the enlisted aircraft mechanics that were in trouble for it. Give me a break! This was something that we had no instructions to inspect and had no previous malfunctions to make up a search for this issue. Slack ass job, FUCK YOU! Come over here to Korea and see just how superficial the maintenance I do is. You don't have a fuckin' clue!

AF
    If they had adaquate maintence or were retired when they were suppost to be this would not have happened, end of story. I talked to people in the guard that maintained black hawks and I would hardly call there knowlage of every wire and bolt in that air craft stellar, anything even somewhat complicated is sent out to the manufacturer because they were not capable of fixing it them selves like the turbine engine on the black hawk which is fine as long as its actually happening and your not just going down a maintence list. I also talked to people who went to AIT for maintenece MOS's and they had the most retarded stuff to say like how the civilian trainers were casual with them so they could teach them complicated stuff, you dont learn complicated stuff being at parade rest against a wall, and they were put off that the civilians that were teaching them were trying to befriend them.

You ought to thank your lucky behind companies like boeing exist so you are not fighting with a pocket knife. So if you want to get inflamitory and spout of swear words whatever but it does not change the truth of the matter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its' obvious rps incomplete time in the military has made him an expert on aircraft and maintenance just as it made him an expert on the military.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Its' obvious rps incomplete time in the military has made him an expert on aircraft and maintenance just as it made him an expert on the military.
    Yeah but...he "talked to people who went to AIT for maintenece MOS's and they had the most retarded stuff to say".[sic]

I'm waiting for him to put something on the table he knows (anything) about.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You ought to thank your lucky behind companies like boeing exist so you are not fighting with a pocket knife. So if you want to get inflamitory and spout of swear words whatever but it does not change the truth of the matter.
    Again, the F-15 was built by McDonnell Douglas not Boeing. It's a bit ridiculous for you to lecture someone who is actually serving in the Air Force and obviously knows what the fuck he is talking about.... I would think an apology to AFbombloader is warranted.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Again, the F-15 was built by McDonnell Douglas not Boeing. It's a bit ridiculous for you to lecture someone who is actually serving in the Air Force and obviously knows what the fuck he is talking about.... I would think an apology to AFbombloader is warranted.
    Its not even close to warranted, without any contractor (boeing, douglas, or whoever) they would not have squat, and why was this plane not retired after it expired its service life regardless of manufacterer, I dont need to have been in the air force to know they are f**king up. AFbombloader may do an awsome job and I never stated otherwise which is why I dont think I should appologize, but the air force as a whole is f**king up big time. I have noticed a trend that people in the military will stick up for others simply becasue they are also in the military even if there are lots of f**k ups until it goes through a bearucratic convoluded process to pin the scape goat then that one guy get crusified. I dont work that way, I call things based on reality, I dont need an indepth bearucretic review to know that planes are falling apart because the air force is f**king up.
    Last edited by rppearso; 04-07-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm interested to see if boeing claims immunity.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its not even close to warranted, without any contractor (boeing, douglas, or whoever) they would not have squat, and why was this plane not retired after it expired its service life regardless of manufacterer, I dont need to have been in the air force to know they are f**king up. AFbombloader may do an awsome job and I never stated otherwise which is why I dont think I should appologize, but the air force as a whole is f**king up big time. I have noticed a trend that people in the military will stick up for others simply becasue they are also in the military even if there are lots of f**k ups until it goes through a bearucratic convoluded process to pin the scape goat then that one guy get crusified. I dont work that way, I call things based on reality, I dont need an indepth bearucretic review to know that planes are falling apart because the air force is f**king up.
    First, no apology needed. I would not expect it or accept it.
    Second, show me where the Air Force is fucking up. Please! One issue with this aircraft since it was designed in the late 60's and all of a sudden we are crappy maintainers and we are fucking up. This plane has flown far beyond what it was intended to, I'll give you that. Why you ask? Ask congress and all the people who don't fund us enough to buy the planesw, parts, materials, etc. that we need. We have had to fly all of our airframes longer than designed since the 60's, all because of money. We do a great job of maintaining old planes. We keep them safe and lethal. fuck anyone who says different.
    Third, yes we stick up for each other, because we are a family. sometimes we fight and bicker like brothers and sisters, but we are a family and you just don't get it. Most people don't.
    Last, I usually do not curse in these forums, but you directly said the Air Force was doing a bad job, and by that you accused me. So I am very justified in being angry in my retort. I will do it again if I so feel.

AF
    Last edited by AFbombloader; 04-08-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    First, no apology needed. I would not expect it or accept it.
    Second, show me where the Air Force is fucking up. Please! One issue with this aircraft since it was designed in the late 60's and all of a sudden we are crappy maintainers and we are fucking up. This plane has flown far beyond what it was intended to, I'll give you that. Why you ask? Ask congress and all the people who don't fund us enough to buy the planesw, parts, materials, etc. that we need. We have had to fly all of our airframes longer than designed since the 60's, all because of money. We do a great job of maintaining old planes. We keep them safe and lethal. fuck anyone who says different.
    Third, yes we stick up for each other, because we are a family. sometimes we fight and bicker like brothers and sisters, but we are a family and you just don't get it. Most people don't.
    Last, I usually do not curse in these forums, but you directly said the Air Force was doing a bad job, and by that you accused me. So I am very justified in being angry in my retort. I will do it again if I so feel.

AF
    How is it boeings fault that congress did not appropriate adaquate funds to build new planes and the air force failed to retire the air craft. I see that as being the air forces fault, you may have done everything you could have (although I still question the technical ability of someone who went through x weeks of training and is now all of a sudden an air craft mechanic fully certified to work on the most complex air craft ever built in human history right out of high school but that is another discussion, I would not have trusted some of these people I seen comming out of AIT to work on my car let alone an F-15) but the air force did not, they are flying these things way beyond there serviceable life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Rppearso: Your relentless anger at all things military, is probably covering up some other deep-seated psycho/emotional issue. You should uncover it, so you can move on with your life.

-I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Rppearso: Your relentless anger at all things military, is probably covering up some other deep-seated psycho/emotional issue. You should uncover it, so you can move on with your life.

-I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?