Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Army takes HK416s from special unit

Politics rears its ugly head again in the military. How much you want to bet that this weapon of choice was squashed because its foreign made? The HK416 is far more superior to the gas tube M4 (especially in dirty, dusty environments like...hmm Iraq!). The military has spent over $440 million over 10 years in research and development for weapons to replace the M4 yet nothing has happened. HK comes along and does all the R&D and has made a far superior weapon.

The Army has stripped the Asymmetric Warfare Group of its weapon of choice — the Heckler & Koch 416 — saying that its mission requires the unique outfit to carry the standard issue M4 carbine.

The decision reverses a policy that allowed the AWG to buy 416s instead of carrying M4s when it was established three years ago to help senior Army leaders find new tactics and technologies to make soldiers more lethal in combat.

Members of the AWG have declined to comment on the issue, but sources in the community told Army Times that the unit fought to keep its several hundred 416s, arguing that they outperform the Army’s M4 and require far less maintenance.

In a response to a March 6 Army Times query, the Army acknowledged initial approval of the AWG’s move to the 416.

“The AWG is empowered to procure, on a limited basis, select non-standard equipment to assist in identifying capability gaps and advise on the development of future requirements. To this end, the Asymmetric Warfare Group did purchase H&K 416 rifles,” said Army spokesman Lt. Col. Martin Downie.
    Many senior sergeants in the AWG were angered that soldiers in the unit had to turn in their 416s, a process that began last fall, said a U.S. Military officer with knowledge the special operations and AWG communities.

“They were outraged,” he told Army Times. “It’s a reduction in capability. It’s a waste of money that was already spent, and it makes the job more difficult since [the M4] is much more maintenance-intensive.”

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...o416s_031008w/
    Last edited by theHawk; 04-04-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can also get a LWRC http://www.lwrifles.com/ F**k H&K, they produce good guns but try to buy one and see what happens (rifles that is, HK91, MP5, 416, PSG1, G36 etc), if you can even find one for sale the price is way inflated (if you want a HK91 you can buy a PTR-91 which is made with HK tooling for like 2K less, a PTR-91 is still expensive but not extortion prices). You can get a 416 for about 5K, what a deal lol. Of course if I were actually relying on my weapon to save my life I would not want it jamming in the first 5 min of use like the M16 does, I dropped my M16 on the ground once and some dust or dirt must have got into the receiver and it would not fire for the rest of the day it had to be totally taken apart and cleaned they are complete pieces of junk not to mention the slack a** maintence the military does on the trigger assembly. I was praying to God my rifle did not fall apart on qual day in basic so I was not recycled and lost my mind completely and just ran off base. I already have a PTR-91 with a claw mount leopold scope and am saving for a LWRC M6A1 with a beta mag, I like to call these my BS enders (if someone wanted to start some s**t or decide to have an altercation these types of weapons will end that crap in a hurry) along with my 9mm, I also want to get a .38 with a pocket holster to conceal in jeans with a tee shirt which would give me enough fire power to get to my M6 and pour the hurt to some a** hole trying to ruin my day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    You can also get a LWRC http://www.lwrifles.com/ F**k H&K, they produce good guns but try to buy one and see what happens (rifles that is, HK91, MP5, 416, PSG1, G36 etc), if you can even find one for sale the price is way inflated (if you want a HK91 you can buy a PTR-91 which is made with HK tooling for like 2K less, a PTR-91 is still expensive but not extortion prices). You can get a 416 for about 5K, what a deal lol. Of course if I were actually relying on my weapon to save my life I would not want it jamming in the first 5 min of use like the M16 does, I dropped my M16 on the ground once and some dust or dirt must have got into the receiver and it would not fire for the rest of the day it had to be totally taken apart and cleaned they are complete pieces of junk not to mention the slack a** maintence the military does on the trigger assembly. I was praying to God my rifle did not fall apart on qual day in basic so I was not recycled and lost my mind completely and just ran off base. I already have a PTR-91 with a claw mount leopold scope and am saving for a LWRC M6A1 with a beta mag, I like to call these my BS enders (if someone wanted to start some s**t or decide to have an altercation these types of weapons will end that crap in a hurry) along with my 9mm, I also want to get a .38 with a pocket holster to conceal in jeans with a tee shirt which would give me enough fire power to get to my M6 and pour the hurt to some a** hole trying to ruin my day.

OOOHHHHHHHHH Aren't we the tough guy????? I think you would wet your pants well before you could even pull a gun out!!!!!

You sure talk tough for a quitter!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    [/B]

OOOHHHHHHHHH Aren't we the tough guy????? I think you would wet your pants well before you could even pull a gun out!!!!!

mall nija is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[/B]

Way to create an interesting post, who cares if you disagree at least post something somewhat interesting, I almost think you are a middle schooler on here posing as an adult.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dropping any weapon in the dirt will get it dirty. The only problem with the M16 was the ammo. Back in 67-68 the casings were too weak for the powder grains used. They split open in the chamber causing a jam. A ramrod down the barrel would fix that. Although that was difficult to do in combat.

A secret to keeping your M16 clean is don't oil it. They are designed to work without oil. Oil just allows dirt and grim to collect on the cylinder causing jamming. In a year of combat carrying the M16 I only had one jam, caused by a split casing.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Way to create an interesting post, who cares if you disagree at least post something somewhat interesting, I almost think you are a middle schooler on here posing as an adult.
    Really numb nuts. I think your an uneducated lackey that pretends to be something he definitely is not!!! You tell everyone on here about your time in the military yet your story changes. You tell everyone on here your a "contractor" for the military yet your not. You tell everyone on here your an engineer yet you can't make a coherent sentence. You tell everyone on here your sooo much smarter than them yet every time you attempt to type a sentence or word they are so badly misspelled and malformed it is laughable.

You have the nerve to say YOU think I am a middle schooler pretending to be something else. Tell yaa what dipshit........TAKE A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR...... Will yaaa...... Unlike you I know your full of shit and a lier!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really numb nuts. I think your an uneducated lackey that pretends to be something he definitely is not!!! You tell everyone on here about your time in the military yet your story changes. You tell everyone on here your a "contractor" for the military yet your not. You tell everyone on here your an engineer yet you can't make a coherent sentence. You tell everyone on here your sooo much smarter than them yet every time you attempt to type a sentence or word they are so badly misspelled and malformed it is laughable.

You have the nerve to say YOU think I am a middle schooler pretending to be something else. Tell yaa what dipshit........TAKE A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR...... Will yaaa...... Unlike you I know your full of shit and a lier!!!
    Once again nothing about HK weapons or anything even sort of related to the OP, just more of your drivil and flames.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Once again nothing about HK weapons or anything even sort of related to the OP, just more of your drivil and flames.
    Just spreading the love dipshit......just spreading the love..... Much like you do on EVERY SINGLE military thread......

Don't like it???? *snif*....*snif*... go tell someone who gives a shit!!!!!

Should we call a waaambulance for you????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just spreading the love dipshit......just spreading the love..... Much like you do on EVERY SINGLE military thread......

Don't like it???? *snif*....*snif*... go tell someone who gives a shit!!!!!

Should we call a waaambulance for you????
    Definatly a middle schooler messing with people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Definatly a middle schooler messing with people.
    Okay, look at this, RP, and tell me why people seem to doubt your credentials of being an engineer? You need to clean up your posts, because it is obvious that, since your first post on this forum, you do not have enough respect for anyone here to take time to engage a spell-checker, which is done automatically on both IE, and on Firefox.

When you can out-spell a middle school student, then you may speak from some form of vantage point.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever, im not writing a PhD thesis and if people dont want to write interesting thought provoking posts and just spout off a bunch of crap its boring and nuke man has proven he is completely worthless at posting anything even remotely interesting and not to mention is a tactless POS. I dont care if you disagree but at least post something interesting, im not out to win a spelling bee im here to DEBATE POLICY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Nuke...lets put both our 6th graders on here as see if they can do a better job than rrpearso....

Hell, I've seen mine do an e-mail, he could put together a post that would put one of rr's to shame. He knows what a period, a paragraph, and a dictionary is!

Thank God you aren't trying to do a doctorial thesis! Your psyche couldn't take the drubbing any professor worth his weight would give you.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    Hey Nuke...lets put both our 6th graders on here as see if they can do a better job than rrpearso....

Hell, I've seen mine do an e-mail, he could put together a post that would put one of rr's to shame. He knows what a period, a paragraph, and a dictionary is!

Thank God you aren't trying to do a doctorial thesis! Your psyche couldn't take the drubbing any professor worth his weight would give you.

AF
    Gotta agree with you there brother!! This guy is a piece of shit that lies through his teeth and than says he's being picked on!!!

I know for a fact our middle schoolers could do a better job they are both on the all A honor role. I'm sure both our high school kids could do a hell of a lot better, they are both on the honor role as well.

Actually AF i think my kindergartner could do a better job at spelling and punctuation...

Back to the poster RP he wants a meaningful conversation or debate on his terms and no others, he wants everyone to agree with him or they are just flaming him.

By the way RP have you read all of my post?? If not you can not sit at your computer and tell me all I do is "Flame", in fact if you were to read most of my post you would note there are only a couple of MORONS that I flame.

I may disagree with others but we "discuss" in a fair and rational manner. You on the other hand do nothing but complain, bitch, and moan about how badly you were treated in the military than tell all of us what a freaking tough guy you are. You are very tiresome to read and very predictable in your manner and response.

Get a clue tough guy you are a weak minded imbicile and thats all you will ever be!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotta agree with you there brother!! This guy is a piece of shit that lies through his teeth and than says he's being picked on!!!

I know for a fact our middle schoolers could do a better job they are both on the all A honor role. I'm sure both our high school kids could do a hell of a lot better, they are both on the honor role as well.

Actually AF i think my kindergartner could do a better job at spelling and punctuation...

Back to the poster RP he wants a meaningful conversation or debate on his terms and no others, he wants everyone to agree with him or they are just flaming him.

By the way RP have you read all of my post?? If not you can not sit at your computer and tell me all I do is "Flame", in fact if you were to read most of my post you would note there are only a couple of MORONS that I flame.

I may disagree with others but we "discuss" in a fair and rational manner. You on the other hand do nothing but complain, bitch, and moan about how badly you were treated in the military than tell all of us what a freaking tough guy you are. You are very tiresome to read and very predictable in your manner and response.

Get a clue tough guy you are a weak minded imbicile and thats all you will ever be!!
    I dont care if it was only one person you did it to, if you ever look at some of your posts they are the most tactless ignorant posts that are done by middle schoolers messing with people. I simply point out inconsistancys in military toughness, drill sgts talk hard and haze but if they had a HK91 racked and ready to fire pointed at them (at a distance making it impossible for them to disarm the person with the weapon) there tune would be a bit different and thats what im talking about, its easy to haze some 18 yr old in a concentation camp like enviornment but when its hard ball time the drill sgt would be dead and thats real life not the fraternity hazing that basic training is.