Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I'm dissapointed in myself for not impressing on you that I am a brazen smart ass, not simply trying for it. And yes, the german mind has a higher capacity to advance technology. Being from German ancestry myself, I can attest to that.

But the subject matter here is the need (or not) for the US to fight a large scale war now and in the future, not an acedemic review of what could have happened in 1940.
    All nations and nationalities have there great thinkers but its the society that has to back the engineer and scientist otherwise what they come up with will not be realized nor will they be likely to stay in that society and that nations government can cause a "brain drain" which will plunge you in to third world status as soon as your past infrastructure deteriorates. John Goder actually built the first liquid fueled rocket before von braun but our government basicly laughed at him so his idea never developed. The germans had the engineering and leadership to back it (even though the leadership were a bunch of evil sickos). You state you have a higher capacity of thought are you an engineer or scientist, if not and you have the aptitude for it what the heck go for it, it is an awsome profession, you can even cross train in both science and engineering.
    Last edited by rppearso; 04-10-2008 at 10:45 PM.