Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Wow. Now someone can make a statement and you can opine whether they said it or not. I'll have to remember that.
    “What's important is to make sure that we don't get so obsessed with gaffes that we lose sight of the fact that this is a defining moment in our history,” Obama said at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. “For us to be obsessed with this — these kinds of errors — I think is a mistake. And that's not what our campaign has been about.”

Barry Obama in the debate

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9675.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow. Now someone can make a statement and you can opine whether they said it or not. I'll have to remember that.

I can opine as to the impact and importance of what they said, can I not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    “What's important is to make sure that we don't get so obsessed with gaffes that we lose sight of the fact that this is a defining moment in our history,” Obama said at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. “For us to be obsessed with this — these kinds of errors — I think is a mistake. And that's not what our campaign has been about.”

Barry Obama in the debate

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9675.html

and that is a good point. If political elections in America are decided by gotcha soundbite attack casmpaigns instead of thoughtful discussions of issues, we will be lost.

As Barack said in his speech in Philadelphia earlier:

For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle - as we did in the OJ trial - or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright's sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she's playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    and that is a good point. If political elections in America are decided by gotcha soundbite attack casmpaigns instead of thoughtful discussions of issues, we will be lost.

As Barack said in his speech in Philadelphia earlier:

For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle - as we did in the OJ trial - or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright's sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she's playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.
    How will a racist black liberal unite the country?

and how will a racist black liberal who is still friends with a terrorist unite the conutry?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I can opine as to the impact and importance of what they said, can I not?
    Sure but that's not what you said before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sure but that's not what you said before.
    As with the Democrat platform, MFM changes with the polls, focus groups, and current events

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How will a racist black liberal unite the country?

and how will a racist black liberal who is still friends with a terrorist unite the conutry?
    what does his color have to do with anything?

like HE said...if this degenerates into gotcha politics and gaffes and soundbites, we all lose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what does his color have to do with anything?

like HE said...if this degenerates into gotcha politics and gaffes and soundbites, we all lose.
    Barry has smeared whites, rural voters, is still frineds with a terrorist who bombed government buildings, and is still standing by his racist mentor

Barry is a black liberal

Those are facts not gotcha politics

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

gotcha politics. just trying to avoid talking about the issues that are really important to America....

sad, really. Obama is absolutely right. we will never find solutions to our problems because of that sort of gamesmanship in lieu of statesmanship.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gotcha politics. just trying to avoid talking about the issues that are really important to America....

sad, really. Obama is absolutely right. we will never find solutions to our problems because of that sort of gamesmanship in lieu of statesmanship.
    So the judgement of Barry is not important?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the judgement of Barry is not important?
    Of course it is... silly stuff about his neighbors and his minister is NOT important IMHO.

He has shown judgment in opposing this war from day one. He was right about what would happen if we invaded Iraq and Bush and McCain were wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

gotcha politics. just trying to avoid talking about the issues that are really important to America.....
    This coming from you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of course it is... silly stuff about his neighbors and his minister is NOT important IMHO.

He has shown judgment in opposing this war from day one. He was right about what would happen if we invaded Iraq and Bush and McCain were wrong.
    So the insane rants from his pastor of 20 years is not important?

His relationship with Resko is not important?

His friendship with a terrorist who bombed the Capital and the Pentagin is not important?

His slurs on rural voters (when he thought those comments were off the record) are not importat?

Only the Barry Kool Aide drinkers would dismiss those errors in judegment

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the insane rants from his pastor of 20 years is not important?

His relationship with Resko is not important?

His friendship with a terrorist who bombed the Capital and the Pentagin is not important?

His slurs on rural voters (when he thought those comments were off the record) are not importat?

Only the Barry Kool Aide drinkers would dismiss those errors in judegment

important? compared to what? they are more important than his shoe size and less important than his plans for America.

I have a different opinion of Reverend Wright than you do.

Rezko? who cares?

his neighbor the english professor? not that big a deal

slurs? I don't think he meant any slur.

I think on the issues that really matter, he has shown impeccable judgment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

important? compared to what? they are more important than his shoe size and less important than his plans for America.

I have a different opinion of Reverend Wright than you do.

Rezko? who cares?

his neighbor the english professor? not that big a deal

slurs? I don't think he meant any slur.

I think on the issues that really matter, he has shown impeccable judgment.
    Yes, the Obama Kool Aide drinkers turn a blind eye to his inner circle. But at the same time, they attack Pres Bush and VP Cheney for their friends

Here is the DNC Times on Obaba's terrroist buddy

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen
    By DINITIA SMITH
    Published: September 11, 2001
    ''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago. The long curly locks in his Wanted poster are shorn, though he wears earrings. He still has tattooed on his neck the rainbow-and-lightning Weathermen logo that appeared on letters taking responsibility for bombings. And he still has the ebullient, ingratiating manner, the apparently intense interest in other people, that made him a charismatic figure in the radical student movement.

Now he has written a book, ''Fugitive Days'' (Beacon Press, September). Mr. Ayers, who is 56, calls it a memoir, somewhat coyly perhaps, since he also says some of it is fiction. He writes that he participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, of the Capitol building in 1971, the Pentagon in 1972. But Mr. Ayers also seems to want to have it both ways, taking responsibility for daring acts in his youth, then deflecting it.

''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''

Mr. Ayers is probably safe from prosecution anyway. A spokeswoman for the Justice Department said there was a five-year statute of limitations on Federal crimes except in cases of murder or when a person has been indicted.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5AC0A9679C8B63

Ronald Reagan