Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Gads Stripey, are you and your forum disruption squad still out there posting the "you cannot comment if for some reason you aren't out there on the front lines" hogwash?
    It is one of the tag lines they find, as they scrape the bottom of the barrel in desperation

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    This clown is an idiot. is there anybody in Ameria Barry, his wife, and racist pastor like?

Guns, God and Government
    Obama Courts Bitter and Clingy Pennsylvanians
    By KAREN TRAVERS, TEDDY DAVIS and TALAL AL-KHATIB
    April 11, 2008

Did Barack Obama just hand Hillary Clinton and John McCain a nicely gift-wrapped, up for interpretation, potentially damaging quote?

Mayhill Fowler is reporting on the Huffington Post that at a fundraiser in San Francisco this week, Obama put the blue collar voters of small town Pennsylvania on the analyst's couch:

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," Obama said. "And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

So far, the Obama campaign is not confirming nor refuting the comments, but Clinton has already weighed in on the stump in Philadelphia.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNo...3105455&page=1
    Just for note - Obama hasnt insulted me. I wouldnt give him that much power over me.

However, back onto the topic. I find his statements rather amusing. You are telling me that people have been living in these small towns with absolutely no work just waiting around for some President to come around and give them a job? I find myself very skeptical.

I dont know about other parts of the state, but I know in this area, we are at full employment. heck we cant find enough people to do the jobs here. Then again, this is a Republican county, so its not really a huge surprise there.

Is he talking about the coal communities in western PA? Shouldnt he be putting the blame where it belongs on then? Environmentalist wackos who prevent honest people from doing their job.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Just for note - Obama hasnt insulted me. I wouldnt give him that much power over me.

However, back onto the topic. I find his statements rather amusing. You are telling me that people have been living in these small towns with absolutely no work just waiting around for some President to come around and give them a job? I find myself very skeptical.

I dont know about other parts of the state, but I know in this area, we are at full employment. heck we cant find enough people to do the jobs here. Then again, this is a Republican county, so its not really a huge surprise there.

Is he talking about the coal communities in western PA? Shouldnt he be putting the blame where it belongs on then? Environmentalist wackos who prevent honest people from doing their job.
    tell me, how does he understand so well? When did he ever suffer without a job?

The state of PA has an unemployment rate of 4.9% BTW

Barry an arrogant condescending liberal who thinks we should be impressed by his nice suits and empty promises.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Gads Stripey, are you and your forum disruption squad still out there posting the "you cannot comment if for some reason you aren't out there on the front lines" hogwash?
    come again
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well this story does have legs... it's all over the news. It appears some people in Pennsylvania DO feel insulted, being called "bitter."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Well this story does have legs... it's all over the news. It appears some people in Pennsylvania DO feel insulted, being called "bitter."
    well i can understand. people dont usually like being insulted. But if you look at what he is actually saying, he is insulting everyone who owns a gun and believes in God.

BTW i dont own a gun, i prefer to use my fists.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    well i can understand. people dont usually like being insulted. But if you look at what he is actually saying, he is insulting everyone who owns a gun and believes in God.

BTW i dont own a gun, i prefer to use my fists.
    Well of course it'll be spun every which way possible, and what he said is going to wind up being what each and every person believes he said to them.

Fists won't do you much good in a gun fight pard. Just sayin'...

And guns make an excellent equalizer when the odds aren't in your favor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Well of course it'll be spun every which way possible, and what he said is going to wind up being what each and every person believes he said to them.

Fists won't do you much good in a gun fight pard. Just sayin'...

And guns make an excellent equalizer when the odds aren't in your favor.
    It was a typical cheap shot at the working folks libs are famous for. His liberal arrogance is starting to show thru, and the voters are starting to se the real Barry Obama

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the most condescending piece of crap aimed at mainstream Americans I have ever heard come out of the mouth of any candidate ever Stephanie.

He is a disgusting, classless_________________ (you fill in the blank)
    Allow me:

SHITBAG LIBERAL
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Allow me:

SHITBAG LIBERAL
    Good one Hawk

How about Liberal Douchebag ?

I wonder where all the Obamamanics are? They seem to be avoiding this thread

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the faux pas that Clinton has been waiting for. I hope she decimates him in the next primary.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    This is the faux pas that Clinton has been waiting for. I hope she decimates him in the next primary.
    You are not the only one. I am now a registered Dem, and I will vote for - gasp, gag, choke - Hillary in the primary

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

McCain's wife is the one with the wealth - and she earned it

No, I read that she inherited it, quite a few million. $26 million, I think. McCain went after the rich blonde heiress as soon as he got back from Vietnam and ditched the wife who had been in an auto accident and didn't have any money, just was waiting for him. He married the floozy within a month after the divorce; I have as low opinion of her as I do of him. I guess she couldn't get a man by herself so she had to take someone else's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    No, I read that she inherited it, quite a few million. $26 million, I think. McCain went after the rich blonde heiress as soon as he got back from Vietnam and ditched the wife who had been in an auto accident and didn't have any money, just was waiting for him. He married the floozy within a month after the divorce; I have as low opinion of her as I do of him. I guess she couldn't get a man by herself so she had to take someone else's.
    and she has built up her beer business since taking over

As fas as the rest of your post, I could not care less. They seem to be very happy with each other

BTW, all the money is in her name - they have a prenup

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them...And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
    So.........................Obama despises white people and will be president only for blacks. Oh, nice.

I knew this was what was going on when I read all of Michelle's angry anti-white comments in the New Yorker piece on her. If she hates whites that much, despite all whites have given her --- Princeton education, high salary just for showing up for a hospital board of directors --- you know she's taught him to feel the same way.

It's going to be a lively four years........it may well not be an improvement over that walking disaster we've got in the White House now.

I see a LOT of income transfer from whites to blacks in our future.