Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New bike

Just bought a new bike (well parents did, paid cash and I hafta pay them back $200 every 2 weeks). A 2008 Ninja 650R, green one. Real nice bike, all the power i could want, balanced and sets well, haven't rode it yet, hope I ain't disapointed in the choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I donno, I just can't accept a "crotch rocket" as a legitimate motorcycle. It's just a fast way to the cemetery for young inexperienced riders, IMO.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Just bought a new bike (well parents did, paid cash and I hafta pay them back $200 every 2 weeks). A 2008 Ninja 650R, green one. Real nice bike, all the power i could want, balanced and sets well, haven't rode it yet, hope I ain't disapointed in the choice.
    Great little bike. Very fast. You'll find it will get you into trouble as fast as it can get you out of trouble. Very impractical for a daily rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I donno, I just can't accept a "crotch rocket" as a legitimate motorcycle. It's just a fast way to the cemetery for young inexperienced riders, IMO.
    For every one person that crashes on a Harley, a hundred crash on those sport bikes, for the very reason you gave Mr. P.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-12-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great little bike. Very fast.
    w00t.

I'm really not a speed demon or crazy when I ride tho. I normally don't push out of my comfort zone. What good is a cool bike if you get a speedin ticket you don't have the cash to pay for not to mention wrecking. Hitting the pavement at 80 doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats an excellent point, i wont even get on a bike, too scary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

w00t.

I'm really not a speed demon or crazy when I ride tho. I normally don't push out of my comfort zone. What good is a cool bike if you get a speedin ticket you don't have the cash to pay for not to mention wrecking. Hitting the pavement at 80 doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
    Well that bike is fast. Remember dmp and his 650 Suzuki? Didn't take him long to pile that thing up. Just be real careful how far you twist the throttle, because that bike will turn on. My bet is it'll do like 165 mph, with ease.

Maybe you should have stuck with a cruiser style bike, like a Harley Sportster.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should. It will be like a rocket compared to my 250 honda rebel.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/det...ontent=details
    Last edited by LiberalNation; 04-12-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should. It will be like a rocket compared to my 250 honda rebel.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/det...ontent=details
    No doubt. At least you had a small bike to learn on though. Too many people start right out with no experience at all on a bike like that 650, and they wind up mangled or dead. Can't tell you how many bikes like that I've seen crashed on Geiger Grade going up to Virginia City, or Mount Rose Hwy going up to Lake Tahoe. Both extremely twisty roads they like to race up and down. Bike all messed up in pieces, people laying in the ditch. They go flying past us on our Harley's, but at least we get to where we're going in one piece.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-12-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

w00t.

Hitting the pavement at 55 isn't fun, but if you're gonna ride, you're gonna eat asphalt at one time or another. Be careful and have fun.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    Hitting the pavement at 55 isn't fun, but if you're gonna ride, you're gonna eat asphalt at one time or another. Be careful and have fun.
    And it may not even be your fault. Like the asshole that ran a red light and turned in front of me causing my last crash. Cost the fucker almost $22,500 before it was all said and done. But there's another butt munch out there just waiting to do the same thing again. Got to be REAL careful these days on a bike.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My husband wants to buy a bike to drive back and forth to work. He's looking at a Yamaha V-star 250 or Suzuki GZ 250, not a big bike just something to drive the back roads and save on gas milage.

Anyone have a comment on these different bikes??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was always more a fan on low riders. I just have this feeling deep in my soul that my ass is not supposed to be above my head when I'm driving.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would say that your parents are very irresponsible and will regret this decision as you will. There is no second chance on one of those things and unfortunately you will probably take some other young naive girl with you. The entire attitude of that style of bike promotes stupidity and offensive driving when on 2 wheels defensive driving is the only way to stay alive and not end up a vegetable. If they would have bought you a BMW GS650 it would be a different thing, still dangerous for a young, inexperienced driver, but not a race bike that is built for only one thing, going very fast on a RACE TRACK.

I was behind an imbecile, on one of those rice burners, doing about 70 mph in the middle lane of I-45. All of a sudden this clown jumps on to his knees on the seat and cranks the throttle while pulling back and does a 70 mph wheelie, endangering everyone around his dumb ass. Luckily he didn't eat it then he took off doing well over a hundred miles an hour.

insurance must be a treat to pay for.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I would say that your parents are very irresponsible and will regret this decision as you will. There is no second chance on one of those things and unfortunately you will probably take some other young naive girl with you. The entire attitude of that style of bike promotes stupidity and offensive driving when on 2 wheels defensive driving is the only way to stay alive and not end up a vegetable. If they would have bought you a BMW GS650 it would be a different thing, still dangerous for a young, inexperienced driver, but not a race bike that is built for only one thing, going very fast on a RACE TRACK.

I was behind an imbecile, on one of those rice burners, doing about 70 mph in the middle lane of I-45. All of a sudden this clown jumps on to his knees on the seat and cranks the throttle while pulling back and does a 70 mph wheelie, endangering everyone around his dumb ass. Luckily he didn't eat it then he took off doing well over a hundred miles an hour.

insurance must be a treat to pay for.
    See it all the time. They love to pull up next to Harleys and do that. I just think to myself, "what a fuckin' moron," and keep on truckin'. I know they'll crash long before I do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    I was always more a fan on low riders. I just have this feeling deep in my soul that my ass is not supposed to be above my head when I'm driving.
    I wouldn't mind having one of these kinds of bikes. The Kaw ZX 14 Ninja in fact. But it would be for one thing and one thing only... going fast. It certainly wouldn't be a daily rider. That thing is more an impractical toy than my Harley is.

Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-12-2008 at 04:40 PM.