Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    "You want to know what really causes homosexuality?"
    Yurt? I mean, he was being blamed for the crucifixion of Jesus, could be that he causes homosexuality as well.

(Sorry Yurt, I couldn't help myself)
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Yurt? I mean, he was being blamed for the crucifixion of Jesus, could be that he causes homosexuality as well.

(Sorry Yurt, I couldn't help myself)
    i wouldn't put it past the "preacher"...next i'll be blamed for Adam and Eve's transgression
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    ...and I haven't had to make that choice, since I do not have an abnormal reaction to persons of the same sex.....
    You're changing your words, you assumed a decision, so please try switch hitting sometime and let us know how it goes. If you can't then you need to change your opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    not a poor analogy at all.....an alcoholic has an abnormal reaction to alcohol, a homosexual has an abnormal reaction to persons of the same sex.....just as an alcoholic has a choice to make whenever they consider taking a drink, the homosexual has a choice to make whenever they consider engaging in sex......and I haven't had to make that choice, since I do not have an abnormal reaction to persons of the same sex.....
    We do choose who we sleep with, but not we are attracted to. But just because we can control who we sleep with, doesn't mean we should.

Should gay people have to spend their lives in misery, without being able to enjoy relationships with people of the same sex, or enter into relationships with people of the opposite sex even if they are not attracted to that person?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon den Adel View Post
    We do choose who we sleep with, but not we are attracted to. But just because we can control who we sleep with, doesn't mean we should.

Should gay people have to spend their lives in misery, without being able to enjoy relationships with people of the same sex, or enter into relationships with people of the opposite sex even if they are not attracted to that person?
    They would no be in misery if they would seek out the psychological help they really need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a very poor analogy, alcoholics are addicts, gays are gays. If it is a choice when did you decide? And was that a hard choice? And since it is a choice could you test your theory by switch hitting? Let us know how it goes.

Your avatar is interesting.
    its a good analogy

You're changing your words, you assumed a decision, so please try switch hitting sometime and let us know how it goes. If you can't then you need to change your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon den Adel View Post

midcan and sharon: you seem to strongly defend someone's right to sleep with whom they want, do you support parents sleeping with their children, 18 and older or 13 and older....what about siblings? they can't control who they are attracted to and shouldn't spend their lives in misery...
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

How do you know that? Experience?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    its a good analogy
    It's a terrible analogy. It's incredibly insulting, just disgusting. Alcoholism? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt
    midcan and sharon: you seem to strongly defend someone's right to sleep with whom they want, do you support parents sleeping with their children, 18 and older or 13 and older....what about siblings? they can't control who they are attracted to and shouldn't spend their lives in misery...
    You've made a nonsensical jump that shouldn't have been made. It's completely illogical to assume that consenting adults who sleep with each other would automatically try to sleep with kids, animals and other family members. It doesn't even fit-in with your grounding principle, which is that homosexuality is a choice. If it's a choice then why would you make the jump that they would be unable to control themselves around family, kids and animals?
    I think that your mind is so clouded by bigotry that you've become unrealistic. First, it's a choice. Then basically they're animals who can't control themselves. Which is it? I think you just want to villify these people because you have a need to hate them. Why, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    .... It's completely illogical to assume that consenting adults who sleep with each other would automatically try to sleep with kids, animals and other family members. It doesn't even fit-in with your grounding principle, which is that homosexuality is a choice. If it's a choice then why would you make the jump that they would be unable to control themselves around family, kids and animals? .....
    If they are deviant enough to engage in homosexuality, then they are more likely to become even more deviant and do those other things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    If they are deviant enough to engage in homosexuality, then they are more likely to become even more deviant and do those other things.
    So is it a choice or is it something innate and uncontrollable? Why would anyone choose to become more deviant? Would you or could you make that choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    So is it a choice or is it something innate and uncontrollable? Why would anyone choose to become more deviant? Would you or could you make that choice?
    I think some people have phyical problems with their brains that make them behave deviantly. But I think that most deviant behavior is a matter of choice.

Why do they make these choices? I can only offer a guess: desire to be non-comforming, sexual experimentation, self-loathing, thrill seeking? Who can know?

Why would someone commit suicide? Scientifically it makes no sense, yet it is a common occurance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    We aren't talking about sleeping with someone else whatever that means to you. We are talking about a person's core being and the right to live their life as they want with full legal recognition. Homosexual relations are between consenting adults same as heterosexual relations. And only adults can enter into the contract of marriage jointly so don't come back with some other slippery slope stupidity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you know that? Experience?
    If something is a choice then you must have made that decision. Did you or are you so stupid you don't understand simple English? Since you gave me neg rep for that comment, I'll repeat it: if you think it is a choice switch hit. You don't have to go all the way, simply check his/her ass out instead and fantasize with her/him. Again tell us how you make out.

Check my bio for your other question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    They would no be in misery if they would seek out the psychological help they really need.
    Homosexuality is not a mental illness - or aren't you aware of that fact?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think some people have phyical problems with their brains that make them behave deviantly. But I think that most deviant behavior is a matter of choice.

Why do they make these choices? I can only offer a guess: desire to be non-comforming, sexual experimentation, self-loathing, thrill seeking? Who can know?

Why would someone commit suicide? Scientifically it makes no sense, yet it is a common occurance.
    So you think someones brain could make them gay? And that most deviant behavior is a choice? That says that homosexuality isn't necessarily a choice.
    People experiement with sexuality all the time, women often experiment (more than men, I'd imagine) but they don't turn lesbian. Why turn lesbian if you are not sexually attracted to women?