Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Berg was killed by a legitimate government or by fanatics?

Saddam's death, if that's what they were insistent upon, should have been more dignified, not for him, but for us. It was demeaning to our own values.
    Bull. For one thing, we didn't hang him, so our values are irrelevant. Second, there is nothing dignified about an execution and dressing it up real pretty to suit PC sensibilities is just plain-old crap. They could have hanged him from the nearest tree and the end result would be the same.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Berg was killed by a legitimate government or by fanatics?

Saddam's death, if that's what they were insistent upon, should have been more dignified, not for him, but for us. It was demeaning to our own values.
    Oh, and who murdered Berg is irrelevant as well except for accountability purposes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would like to see the murderers of Berg and all the others swing the same way saddam did. Film em and watch em kick.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh, and who murdered Berg is irrelevant as well except for accountability purposes.
    So try and execute Berg's murderers.... I have no problem with that. I'd even go so far as saying his family should be the ones to finish them off if they'd like.

But that isn't what we're talking about here. We're talking about the way the US government comports itself. It doesn't help us to take sides between Shi'a and Sunni in their civil war. Let them blow each other up, I don't care. But if we're going to remain a world leader, we can't continue to forget about our moral authority.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As I said. Its not a civil war. Its a bunch of militias fighting over neighborhoods. And other groups with different agendas. Once the iraqi government is strong enough to take over things the fighting will continue. That's the way they think over there. They are a bunch of tribes fighting with other tribes. There is no national identity. And iran is playing both sides against the middle.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So try and execute Berg's murderers.... I have no problem with that. I'd even go so far as saying his family should be the ones to finish them off if they'd like.

But that isn't what we're talking about here. We're talking about the way the US government comports itself. It doesn't help us to take sides between Shi'a and Sunni in their civil war. Let them blow each other up, I don't care. But if we're going to remain a world leader, we can't continue to forget about our moral authority.
    No, we aren't talking about the way the US government comports itself. We're talking about trying to blame on the US gov't something done by the Gov't of Iraq.

I find it odd that all you liberals do here at home is try your best to destroy our moral authority; yet, you want to hold the US Gov't abroad to moral guidelines that would make Jerry Falwell wince.

Something twisted and just not right about that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, we aren't talking about the way the US government comports itself. We're talking about trying to blame on the US gov't something done by the Gov't of Iraq.

I find it odd that all you liberals do here at home is try your best to destroy our moral authority; yet, you want to hold the US Gov't abroad to moral guidelines that would make Jerry Falwell wince.

Something twisted and just not right about that.
    Gunny its all about the perpetual game played by the left of putting everyone on a guilt trip. Whether we are responsible for something or not we should feel guilty about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Gunny its all about the perpetual game played by the left of putting everyone on a guilt trip. Whether we are responsible for something or not we should feel guilty about it.
    Ain't that the truth?

I feel guilty about some things I have done in the past, but at least I know for a fact I did them. And none of them have anything to do with anything the left wants me to feel guilty for.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Horseshit! Our supposed "values" are whats getting us our asses handed to us there. We need to get off this moral fantasy train and roll in the mud more.

BTW, he requested to be hung.
    Yeah. As opposed to stoning, firing squad, drowning, disembowlment, electricution, beheading, gassing or any other means those rag heads see as "dignified". As long as your dead when they're done with ya, those barbarians don't give a shit less how you die. Only our PC crowd does. I'd have staked the sons a bitch out naked on a red ant hill, and covered him with honey.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mutalation before execution would have been better. Hands and feet cut off then the noose. But the pc crowd cries oh no they tormented him with words before he died. What cruelty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Yeah. As opposed to stoning, firing squad, drowning, disembowlment, electricution, beheading, gassing or any other means those rag heads see as "dignified". As long as your dead when they're done with ya, those barbarians don't give a shit less how you die. Only our PC crowd does. I'd have staked the sons a bitch out naked on a red ant hill, and covered him with honey.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the old Apache trick of tying him to a wagon wheel and spinning him as it bemused them over a low fire. Eventually, his brain cooks and he dies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was thinking more along the lines of the old Apache trick of tying him to a wagon wheel and spinning him as it bemused them over a low fire. Eventually, his brain cooks and he dies.
    We are in a cowboy and arabs mode now. That might be a good idea.