Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Air Force jet crashes on training mission in North Texas

There's several million dollars down the drain. Hope the pilot survived.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/...WLWveafy5vzwcF

WICHITA FALLS, Texas - Emergency crews at Sheppard Air Force base are responding to a jet that crashed on a training mission.

A spokeswoman says the high-altitude, supersonic T-38C Talon went down about 7:45 a.m. Thursday.

It was not known how many were on board or whether there are any deaths or injuries.

A base official tells KAUZ-TV in Wichita Falls that the crash happened on base. Witnesses say they saw one person eject.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

An RAF pilot just trashed a $136.3 million Typhoon fighter out here at China Lake. He forgot to put the landing gear down.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation

My body
    My sexuality
    My uterus
    My vagina
    My morals
    My life

Not yours.
    No, it's the baby's life.

Not yours.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    There's several million dollars down the drain. Hope the pilot survived.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/...WLWveafy5vzwcF

WICHITA FALLS, Texas - Emergency crews at Sheppard Air Force base are responding to a jet that crashed on a training mission.

A spokeswoman says the high-altitude, supersonic T-38C Talon went down about 7:45 a.m. Thursday.

It was not known how many were on board or whether there are any deaths or injuries.

A base official tells KAUZ-TV in Wichita Falls that the crash happened on base. Witnesses say they saw one person eject.
    In the eight years I spent in the Air Force, I saw two F-16's and one A-10 crash, one F-4D burn on the ramp, and one C-140 clip off the tip of one of it's wings against a mountain, but still safely land. The A-10 pilot was the only one killed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like these pilots died. Sad to hear.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/...xmE69VXYRvzwcF

Air Force suspends training jet following 2nd fatal crash

WICHITA FALLS, Texas - The Air Force grounded all T-38C training jets on Thursday, following the second fatal crash involving the aircraft in eight days, the military said.

Two pilots died when their high-altitude, supersonic plane went down during a routine training mission, according a statement from Sheppard Air Force Base.

The two-seat plane was assigned to the 80th Flying Training Wing, a multinational organization that produces future combat pilots for NATO. The names of the airmen were not immediately released.

The crash follows the deaths of two pilots whose training jet crashed April 23 at Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi.

"At this point we have no indication that there was any tie between the two," said Capt. John Severns, Chief of Media Relations for Air Education Training Command at Randolph Air Force Base near San Antonio.

The Air Force suspended all T-38 flights pending the investigations into what caused the two planes to go down. The jets are used to prepare student pilots to fly fighters and bombers.

"Until we have more complete understanding of the causes of both accidents, it's prudent to stand down the T-38s" said General William R. Looney III, the commander who issued the order.

The Air Force has about 500 of the aircraft in its inventory.

First deployed in 1959, the jet has been linked to 138 fatalities and some 189 crashes, according to the Air Force Safety Center.

Of 16 fatalities related to crashes at Sheppard Air Force Base since 1967, all but six involved T-38s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Flying military jets can be a dangerous thing. Hell, flying civilian planes can be dangerous. I hope the find out what happened and remedy the problem if they can.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    No, it's the baby's life.

Not yours.
    think you meant to post that on a different thread
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org