Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Polygamist sect abuse exagerated

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9165683

Apparently there have been census sheets from the polygamist sect which have been released.

-- There are a handful of 16-year old wives listed. (No 12-15 year olds as claims by authorities)

-- The records show that there are 13 young monogamous couples

-- The large mega-families are the exception

-- The largest family consists of one man, 21 wives, and 36 children

-- The state claims that there are five girls who conceived when they were 15-16. (No time frame provided)

-- Of those girls, three were listed being in plural marriages to men who are, 28, 35, and 40

-- The monogamous couples husbands ages were 19-39. wives ages averaged 24

-- The biggest age spread for younger monogamous couples is four years

-- Six of the young couples had no children listed

-- For the plural marriages, the average wife's age was 21, husbands age averaged 38

-- Five families are listed as having 20 or more children

-- Nine of the plural families have two wives

-- Four of the families have three wives

-- The records show that there are 24 men with multiple wives

No doubt that their lifestyles are contrary to what many believe is proper. But I honestly dont see how these facts show that there might be more than a handful of actual abuse cases. Honestly, I don't see how they can justify the seizure of so many children here.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They lie, Avatar. These people have a history well-known since 1835. We know what they do.

That's why they have these "records": to lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    They lie, Avatar. These people have a history well-known since 1835. We know what they do.

That's why they have these "records": to lie.
    This group hasnt even existed till the 1930s.

I dont really see the point of keeping internal records that lie.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

I dont really see the point of keeping internal records that lie.
    You keep internal records that lie for just such cases as this. This particular group might have been around from the 30's but the core base goes back to 1835.

There are no birth certificates and most of the children and young women don't know their ages. Many mothers of 2 or 3 babies are as young as 16 to 17. They still haven't uncovered everything yet.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It sure doesn't look right to me. DNA should tell us the truth.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    You keep internal records that lie for just such cases as this. This particular group might have been around from the 30's but the core base goes back to 1835.

There are no birth certificates and most of the children and young women don't know their ages. Many mothers of 2 or 3 babies are as young as 16 to 17. They still haven't uncovered everything yet.
    i dont know many people or groups of people who anticipate police raiding their community and taking away their children.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i dont know many people or groups of people who anticipate police raiding their community and taking away their children.
    And you have never lived in a cult environment. I'm sure whatever records they kept were for the purposes of misleading and misinforming. They didn't even have medical records

I understand your questioning the authorities on this, but I think the authorities did it all right and by the numbers in this case.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I am mystified to see avatar defending a cult that believes in multiple marriages, forced marriage of adults to girls as young as 12, child abuse, "alpha child" conditioning and brainwashing.
    Thinking of starting one of these cults yourself, avatar?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sure they did. These groups were sent out by the Mormon heirarchy in the 1920s to Canada, Mexico, and Colorado City, AZ, to keep polygamy alive after the feds made a serious push to stop the undercover illicit polygamy going on among the church elders despite the consent agreement signed by the Temple president back in ......1892, I think it was. 1872? He had an overnight "revelation" when federal troops started entering and cleaning out the temples and ward houses, that maybe they didn't need polygamy after all......................

But they kept on all the same, till the '20s, and then sent out communities to preserve it till a better legal climate.

That climate MAY be now if homosexual marriage goes through, but I sure hope it won't, because polygamy would follow right along.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But they kept on all the same, till the '20s, and then sent out communities to preserve it till a better legal climate.

That climate MAY be now if homosexual marriage goes through, but I sure hope it won't, because polygamy would follow right along.
    Not really. Even if the USA acknowledges homosexual marriage, polygamy, Muslim polygamy, polyandry or any other atypical family structure, they're not going to legalize underage marriage and rape.

So while you may be right about polygamy these people would still be breaking the law with the child rape.

Hey polygamy is acceptable to at least a billion people on this planet and the way they're breeding it's inevitable that it will become MORE accepted.
    Pork, good for you, bad for Muslims and Jews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
    Not really. Even if the USA acknowledges homosexual marriage, polygamy, Muslim polygamy, polyandry or any other atypical family structure, they're not going to legalize underage marriage and rape.
    It's not legalized now, but both Mormons and Muslims use their traditional structures to do it constantly. That's the problem: not that it's legal, but that they DO it.

Hey polygamy is acceptable to at least a billion people on this planet and the way they're breeding it's inevitable that it will become MORE accepted.
    There's a happy thought.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not legalized now, but both Mormons and Muslims use their traditional structures to do it constantly. That's the problem: not that it's legal, but that they DO it.

There's a happy thought.
    consenting adults

A nutcase will do nutty things.