Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    I spent almost 2 years at my guard unit after basic waiting to go to OCS and was out of the BMT enviorment and the BS was all the same. It was less intense only becasue I was only going one weekend a month otherwise nothing was really different. I had a lt col chew me out like a drill sgt becasue of my casual way of addressing people and that is what im talking about.
    This guy at OCS, that is scary!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    This guy at OCS, that is scary!
    My guess is they had this fool tagged in basic as not being officer material...so he never would have gone to OCS. Then again he says he didn't want it anyway...cuz they scream at you and are not kind...and stuff.

WHAT A PUSS!!!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    I spent almost 2 years at my guard unit after basic waiting to go to OCS and was out of the BMT enviorment and the BS was all the same. It was less intense only becasue I was only going one weekend a month otherwise nothing was really different. I had a lt col chew me out like a drill sgt becasue of my casual way of addressing people and that is what im talking about.
    Like I said, you did not experience the active duty military. In my experience the Army National Guard is as far away from the milirtary as you can get and still wear a uniform. That is in my experience. I had to deal with the recruiters and people at a few units while I was in recruiting and was not impressed.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    Like I said, you did not experience the active duty military. In my experience the Army National Guard is as far away from the milirtary as you can get and still wear a uniform. That is in my experience. I had to deal with the recruiters and people at a few units while I was in recruiting and was not impressed.

AF
    All you have to do is look at the caliber of person who couldn't hack it there *cough* *cough*.... rppearso......
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    All you have to do is look at the caliber of person who couldn't hack it there *cough* *cough*.... rppearso......
    What exactly are the benifits to "hacking it" anyways other than you have a job. It is pretty tough to have a reasonable discussion when only portions of your comments are quoted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    My guess is they had this fool tagged in basic as not being officer material...so he never would have gone to OCS. Then again he says he didn't want it anyway...cuz they scream at you and are not kind...and stuff.

WHAT A PUSS!!!
    If this was the case I should have been involuntarily discharged but that did not occure so I must not have been "pegged", if they had "pegged me" as early as basic I would have been given an ELS but that did not happen either so now you are just making things up, I would have prefered to been ELSed but thats not what happened.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

WHAT A PUSS!!!
    Oh how your tone would change if someone came into your home and started yelling at you or slamming your stuff around and harrasing your kids and wife. Its no differernt just because you are in "basic training", its intolerable, but the one who mistakes intolerance of poor behavior for weakness is a fool, if you came to my home and started that shit you would see a quick end to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The congress approved the funding. The troops need not heed the fear instigated in them by the Republicans. Will they ever forgive you?