Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama Offers Proof He Is No Elitist

Somehow I missed this lame excuse when Barry tried to convince folks he is not a liberal elitist

What did he offer as as proof

He had to scrape ice off his car in the morning. Oh the horrors!!!!

Obama: I'm no elitist
    Posted: 03:00 PM ET

WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "amused" by accusations he is an "elitist" in the wake of the 'bitter-gate' controversy.

"It is true I am amused about this notion of elitist," Obama said, citing the fact that he was raised by a single mother, lived off food stamps, earned scholarships, and had to finance his own law school education.

"[Michelle and I] lived for the first 13 years of marriage up until three years ago, in a three bedroom condo without a garage," the White House hopeful said. "So if you live in Chicago, that means you are scraping ice every morning."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...im-no-elitist/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Somehow I missed this lame excuse when Barry tried to convince folks he is not a liberal elitist

What did he offer as as proof

He had to scrape ice off his car in the morning. Oh the horrors!!!!

Obama: I'm no elitist
    Posted: 03:00 PM ET

WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "amused" by accusations he is an "elitist" in the wake of the 'bitter-gate' controversy.

"It is true I am amused about this notion of elitist," Obama said, citing the fact that he was raised by a single mother, lived off food stamps, earned scholarships, and had to finance his own law school education.

"[Michelle and I] lived for the first 13 years of marriage up until three years ago, in a three bedroom condo without a garage," the White House hopeful said. "So if you live in Chicago, that means you are scraping ice every morning."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...im-no-elitist/
    Well considering he is talking Chicago, a 3 bedroom condo would cost between 300,000-500,000. It's not like they were living in Cabrini-Green.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Well considering he is talking Chicago, a 3 bedroom condo would cost between 300,000-500,000. It's not like they were living in Cabrini-Green.
    He lives in a $1 million plus home, and he can't afford a can of De Icer

Oh the hardships he has had to endure

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course Obama's an elitist.

He's better educated, smarter, better looking, and dresses better than anybody here at Debate Policy.

Don't you want a president who's smarter than you? (I know George Bush made us all feel smugly superior, but do we really want a dumbass in the White House who makes us all feel good by comparison?)

Don't you want a president you can look up to?

Or are you one of those guys who liked Richard Nixon more than Jack Kennedy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post

He's better educated, smarter, better looking, and dresses better than anybody here at Debate Policy.

Don't you want a president who's smarter than you? (I know George Bush made us all feel smugly superior, but do we really want a dumbass in the White House who makes us all feel good by comparison?)

Being a liberal snob is the reason he will lose in November. Barry is totally ignorant on economics, foreign policy, and human relation skills

Barry is more like Peanut Carter then Nixon or Kennedy

Prew Bush is right - we are the greatest nation on Earth. A fact that Amercia hating libs like Obama's buddies can't stand

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

[QUOTE=GW in Ohio;241452]Of course Obama's an elitist.

Speak for yourself

How do we know he's smarter than us, anyone seen his grades? Kerry was always saying Bush's grades in college were awful and we found out later that his grades were just as bad.

Yes we do, we also want one who has taken a stand on issues instead of just voting "present".

I don't have an oppinion here, other than to say that historians have written that Kennedy really didn't do much during his short presidency.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with your assertion is he is not smarter than anyone else, he just thinks he is.

There are more things to "look up to" a President than how he dresses, how he speaks, or how educated he is. What does he stand for? What are his beliefs?

I guess folks like yourself are more concerned with image than substance. You could care less if he carrys out his unconstitutional health care agenda, or shreds the constitution with his ban on all semi-automatic weapons. As long as he sounds smart its all good.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    The problem with your assertion is he is not smarter than anyone else, he just thinks he is.

There are more things to "look up to" a President than how he dresses, how he speaks, or how educated he is. What does he stand for? What are his beliefs?

I guess folks like yourself are more concerned with image than substance. You could care less if he carrys out his unconstitutional health care agenda, or shreds the constitution with his ban on all semi-automatic weapons. As long as he sounds smart its all good.
    and do not forget how he wants to tax you until your eyeballs pop out, surrender and appeasment to terrorists, increase taxes and regualtion on business, and how we will appoint liberal Judges who will create law from the bench

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

other than the dresses better i think you are completely wrong. Unfortunately not all of us can afford good clothes.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    How do we know he's smarter than us, anyone seen his grades? Kerry was always saying Bush's grades in college were awful and we found out later that his grades were just as bad.
    Actually, Kerry's were worse than President Bush's. That's one of the reasons i thought people trying to garner votes for Kerry by claiming Bush is stupid were so ridiculous.

Besides, you dont look up to people just because they act better than you. You look up to them for character reasons.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Over at DNCTV, they are doing their best to help Barry get over his liberal elitism

If you can call this their best

Williams Tosses Softballs to Obama, Empathizes Over Elitist Image
    By Brent Baker | May 8, 2008 - 20:28 ET

Brian Williams, who slobbered over Barack Obama in their last interview in early January, did so again in a Thursday session conducted at Washington, DC's Newseum and excerpted on the NBC Nightly News. Back on January 7, Williams handed Obama a Newsweek with “Inside Obama's Dream Machine” as the cover story and wondered: “How does this feel, of all the honors that have come your way, all the publicity? Who does it make you think of? Is there, is there a loved one?” On Thursday, Williams didn't pose a single challenging question nor mention Jeremiah Wright in any of the ten questions aired, but pulled the same magazine stunt, this time holding up the new Time with a smiling Obama on the cover by the words, “And the Winner* Is...” Williams fondly recalled:

Last time we were together, I handed you a copy of Newsweek, it was the first time you'd held it in your hands with you on the cover. Have you yet held this in your hands?

Obama said he had not, prompting Williams to remind him: “Last time you looked at it and you thought instantly of your mom.” Obama effused: “She'd like that picture. She always encouraged me to smile more.” Proceeding to cue up Obama for a long recitation on how he's not an elitist, Williams empathized: “You end up with people talking about your bowling score, gutter balls, wearing a tie, wearing a tie with farmers. And how have you dealt with that? Is there an operating theory that guides your life these days?”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...-elitist-image

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sure hope he's an elitist. I don't want another guy who'd be great to have a beer with at the family barbecue. I want a guy who's better than me in every way. Smarter, more educated, wealthier--all of the above. This country can't take another four years of "Dubya" politics. We're talking about the top seat of power in the world--not a UPS delivery job.
    Jon Stewart has said it best: To paraphrase-"These guys are interviewing for a position where if you do a good job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain." If all the candidates aren't charter members of the "elite" of our country then they shouldn't be running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I sure hope he's an elitist. I don't want another guy who'd be great to have a beer with at the family barbecue. I want a guy who's better than me in every way. Smarter, more educated, wealthier--all of the above. This country can't take another four years of "Dubya" politics. We're talking about the top seat of power in the world--not a UPS delivery job.
    Jon Stewart has said it best: To paraphrase-"These guys are interviewing for a position where if you do a good job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain." If all the candidates aren't charter members of the "elite" of our country then they shouldn't be running.

Well said!! I love it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I want a guy who's better than me in every way. .
    That fits nearly everyone in America

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    That fits nearly everyone in America

R-S-R-arrrrrrrrrr.......................was that nice?