Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama not at home in W.Va.

Hillary should have a good night tonight. The left will probably blame those bitter, Bible thumping, gun grasping bigots for Barry's loss

Hillary is up by as much as 40 points in some polls

Obama not at home in W.Va.
    By Andrea Billups
    May 13, 2008

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Here in the Mountain State, where faith, firearms and patriotism are bedrock, Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama is failing to connect, trailing in the run-up to today's primary election by 40 points in some polls.

In a state where 16 percent of residents have undergraduate degrees and the median family income is about $12,000 less than the national average, it is no surprise to natives that Mr. Obama, an Ivy Leaguer, is not resonating with their blue-collar culture.

"I'm not sure he knows how to communicate well in rural environments," said Brian Alley, a hurricane aviation consultant and independent voter who added that he has not settled on a candidate to support. "He comes across as more of a professional-type person, much more sophisticated than even Clinton or Bush."

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...863327237/1001

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama should have spent the night at Parsons WV last night, it's a little town in the middle of the state. It is famous for two things, a checkpoint for the underground railroad in the 1800's and billboards on each end of town that read: If you are black do not let the sun set while you are in this town, back in the 50's. In the mid 1950's a black man broke the sign's warning and was hung on the bridge in the center of town and left there for three days.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Classact View Post
    Obama should have spent the night at Parsons WV last night, it's a little town in the middle of the state. It is famous for two things, a checkpoint for the underground railroad in the 1800's and billboards on each end of town that read: If you are black do not let the sun set while you are in this town, back in the 50's. In the mid 1950's a black man broke the sign's warning and was hung on the bridge in the center of town and left there for three days.
    Obama has given up on WV. I would love to see Hillary by 30 or 40 points. It will help keep her in the race, and allow her to beat up Obama

On DNCTV, I am waiting to watch Chirs Matthews and Keith Overbite dismiss her win, and play the race card about 30 times during the night

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a clear indication of how irrelevant WV really is to the national race.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    a clear indication of how irrelevant WV really is to the national race.
    and how irrelevant your boy is to WV

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Obama has given up on WV. I would love to see Hillary by 30 or 40 points. It will help keep her in the race, and allow her to beat up Obama

On DNCTV, I am waiting to watch Chirs Matthews and Keith Overbite dismiss her win, and play the race card about 30 times during the night
    I predict Hillary will win by 75-25% take a look at this poll and the undecided will go to her. http://www.pollster.com/08-WV-Dem-Pres-Primary.php
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I predict Hillary will win by 75-25% take a look at this poll and the undecided will go to her. http://www.pollster.com/08-WV-Dem-Pres-Primary.php
    I hope you are right. With a win that big she can raise more money, and make a better case to the SD's

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope you are right. With a win that big she can raise more money, and make a better case to the SD's
    Hillary is going to win the nomination and destroy the Democratic Party. It starts tonight and continues in KY... there she will certainly do almost as well as WV then onto PR where she will regain the popular vote. PR has 2.4 million voters and they are over 60% for her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and how irrelevant your boy is to WV

do you really think he was counting on WV in November?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hillary is going to win the nomination and destroy the Democratic Party. It starts tonight and continues in KY... there she will certainly do almost as well as WV then onto PR where she will regain the popular vote. PR has 2.4 million voters and they are over 60% for her.
    I do not think Hilary will win - but it would be great to see the Dems core voting block to be pissed off at them

Jesse and Al would hit the streets of Denver and it would be fun to watch the Dem party implode

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

do you really think he was counting on WV in November?
    I am sure he would love the 5 electoral votes.

The war will go on, Hillary will be able to stay in, and Barry will continue to bumble and stumble around

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sure he would love the 5 electoral votes.

The war will go on, Hillary will be able to stay in, and Barry will continue to bumble and stumble around
    I am sure he'd love the electoral votes of Oklahoma too.... that wasn't my question. why did you dodge it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am sure he'd love the electoral votes of Oklahoma too.... that wasn't my question. why did you dodge it?
    Not dodging it

Obama has already gave up on WV - and he probably has for the general election

I guess he still has a problem with those rural voters

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not think Hilary will win - but it would be great to see the Dems core voting block to be pissed off at them

Jesse and Al would hit the streets of Denver and it would be fun to watch the Dem party implode
    I was watching AC 360 last night and they showed a electoral map that showed Obama will lose if he cannot carry WV in the fall. Hillary is going to seat 50 states and have an overwhelming lead in popular vote... she has all the big states. Gov. Richardson should keep the aspirin handy because he is finished if Hillary gets it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was watching AC 360 last night and they showed a electoral map that showed Obama will lose if he cannot carry WV in the fall. Hillary is going to seat 50 states and have an overwhelming lead in popular vote... she has all the big states. Gov. Richardson should keep the aspirin handy because he is finished if Hillary gets it.
    If that is the case, they better put Ms Obama in a straight jacket. She will flip out over racist America and the Dem party bosses if hubby does not win it all

I guess she will go back to NOT being proud of her country then

Ronald Reagan