Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Obama supporters encounter racism

One more reason to elect Barack Obama president...to confront and eliminate the last vestiges of racism in this country...

Racist Incidents Give Some Obama Campaigners Pause

By Kevin Merida
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008; A01

Danielle Ross was alone in an empty room at the Obama campaign headquarters in Kokomo, Ind., a cellphone in one hand, a voter call list in the other. She was stretched out on the carpeted floor wearing laceless sky-blue Converses, stories from the trail on her mind. It was the day before Indiana's primary, and she had just been chased by dogs while canvassing in a Kokomo suburb. But that was not the worst thing to occur since she postponed her sophomore year at Middle Tennessee State University, in part to hopscotch America stumping for Barack Obama.

Here's the worst: In Muncie, a factory town in the east-central part of Indiana, Ross and her cohorts were soliciting support for Obama at malls, on street corners and in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and they ran into "a horrible response," as Ross put it, a level of anti-black sentiment that none of them had anticipated.

"The first person I encountered was like, 'I'll never vote for a black person,' " recalled Ross, who is white and just turned 20. "People just weren't receptive."
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 05-13-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Copyright issues. Also, need a link to article.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So the Washington Compost see nothing worng with about 90% of balcks voting for the black liberal - but any whites who won't vote for the black liberal is a racist

If anyone brings up Obama's racist comments that person is a racist

If anyone brings up Wright that person is a racist

If anyone questions Obama's partiorism that person is a racist

Well I see Dems are going to draw the race card more often the Jesse James drew his gun

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How would electing him "confront and eleminate" racism in this country? Is this what you liberals really believe, is this the real reason you want to see him elected? So you can go around and label people "racist" and have them "eleminated"?
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    How would electing him "confront and eleminate" racism in this country? Is this what you liberals really believe, is this the real reason you want to see him elected? So you can go around and label people "racist" and have them "eleminated"?
    How about the real racism liberals showed in 2006?. They showed their real side against conservatives like Michael Steele, Lynn Swan, and Ken Blackwell

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    One more reason to elect Barack Obama president...to confront and eliminate the last vestiges of racism in this country...

Racist Incidents Give Some Obama Campaigners Pause

By Kevin Merida
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008; A01

Danielle Ross was alone in an empty room at the Obama campaign headquarters in Kokomo, Ind., a cellphone in one hand, a voter call list in the other. She was stretched out on the carpeted floor wearing laceless sky-blue Converses, stories from the trail on her mind. It was the day before Indiana's primary, and she had just been chased by dogs while canvassing in a Kokomo suburb. But that was not the worst thing to occur since she postponed her sophomore year at Middle Tennessee State University, in part to hopscotch America stumping for Barack Obama.

Here's the worst: In Muncie, a factory town in the east-central part of Indiana, Ross and her cohorts were soliciting support for Obama at malls, on street corners and in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and they ran into "a horrible response," as Ross put it, a level of anti-black sentiment that none of them had anticipated.

"The first person I encountered was like, 'I'll never vote for a black person,' " recalled Ross, who is white and just turned 20. "People just weren't receptive."

For all the hope and excitement Obama's candidacy is generating, some of his field workers, phone-bank volunteers and campaign surrogates are encountering a raw racism and hostility that have gone largely unnoticed -- and unreported -- this election season. Doors have been slammed in their faces. They've been called racially derogatory names (including the white volunteers). And they've endured malicious rants and ugly stereotyping from people who can't fathom that the senator from Illinois could become the first African American president.

"No, I want a president that will salute our flag, and put their hand on the Bible when they take the oath of office."

Obama's campaign workers have grown wearily accustomed to the lies about the candidate's supposed radical Muslim ties and lack of patriotism. But they are sometimes astonished when public officials such as Ball or others representing the campaign of their opponent traffic in these falsehoods.

Karen Seifert, a volunteer from New York, was outside of the largest polling location in Lackawanna County, Pa., on primary day when she was pressed by a Clinton volunteer to explain her backing of Obama. "I trust him," Seifert replied. According to Seifert, the woman pointed to Obama's face on Seifert's T-shirt and said: "He's a half-breed and he's a Muslim. How can you trust that?"
    You dumbass white boy, he loathes you for the color of your skin and you bow at his unqualified feet. You must hate the color of your skin too. Are you a wigger?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    You dumbass white boy, he loathes you for the color of your skin and you bow at his unqualified feet. You must hate the color of your skin too. Are you a wigger?
    Or he could be guilt ridden white liberal like Phil Donahue

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

..... "White people look out for white people, and black people look out for black people."

...... In Vincennes, the Obama campaign office was vandalized at 2 a.m. on the eve of the primary, according to police. A large plate-glass window was smashed, an American flag stolen. Other windows were spray-painted with references to Obama's controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and other political messages: "Hamas votes BHO" and "We don't cling to guns or religion. Goddamn Wright."

...... Later, there would be bomb threats to three Obama campaign offices in Indiana, including the one in Vincennes, according to campaign sources.

..... Earlier in the campaign, a 68-year-old woman in Carson City, Nev., voiced concern that the country was not ready to elect an African American president.

...... some of the green Obama signs distributed by staffers were burned along the parade route. .....

In a letter to the editor published in a local paper, Tunkhannock Borough Mayor Norm Ball explained his support of Hillary Clinton this way: "Barack Hussein Obama and all of his talk will do nothing for our country. There is so much that people don't know about his upbringing in the Muslim world. His stepfather was a radical Muslim and the ranting of his minister against the white America, you can't convince me that some of that didn't rub off on him.

"No, I want a president that will salute our flag, and put their hand on the Bible when they take the oath of office."

Obama's campaign workers have grown wearily accustomed to the lies about the candidate's supposed radical Muslim ties and lack of patriotism. But they are sometimes astonished when public officials such as Ball or others representing the campaign of their opponent traffic in these falsehoods.

Please explain how these are racist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    They are oppose Obama
    Last edited by red states rule; 05-13-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I ran over an Obama sign with my huge SUV. Was that racist too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I ran over an Obama sign with my huge SUV. Was that racist too?
    I saw a dog lift his leg on an Obama yard sign - is the dog racist? Or did the racist owner turn the dog into a racist?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    So the Washington Compost see nothing worng with about 90% of balcks voting for the black liberal - but any whites who won't vote for the black liberal is a racist

If anyone brings up Obama's racist comments that person is a racist

If anyone brings up Wright that person is a racist

If anyone questions Obama's partiorism that person is a racist

Well I see Dems are going to draw the race card more often the Jesse James drew his gun
    You are not very bright, are you?

Let me give you the Cliff's Notes version of this thread......

Americans are free to vote for whoever they want. Vote against Obama because you think he'd make a lousy president.

But if you vote against him solely because he's black, you are a racist. (You're also a dinosaur, because your kind is dying off, and being replaced by younger Americans for whom race is not an issue.)

Do you get it now? Or should I......speak.....verrrrrrrry....slowly........?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Americans are free to vote for whoever they want. Vote against Obama because you think he'd make a lousy president.

But if you vote against him solely because he's black, you are a racist. (You're also a dinosaur, because your kind is dying off, and being replaced by younger Americans for whom race is not an issue.)

You are so ignorant! Obama is a far left wing wingnut.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So blacks that are voting for Barry because he is black - are they racists as well?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    So blacks that are voting for Barry because he is black - are they racists as well?
    If a black American voted against Hillary, or Edwards, or McCain because they are white, that black American would be a racist.

If you asked black voters why they are voting for Obama, they would tell you they believe he would make the best president.

Why don't you go ask some? Do you know any black Democrats?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There're not.
    But to the O-bah-bah-ma sheep anyone who opposes them must have bad intentions.
    Their intensions are all good, they want peace, to end racism and gay bashing, save the environment, tax the greedy evil corporations and give to the poor.
    Anyone who opposes those good intentions must have bad intentions. They must be warmongerers, racists, homophobes, and they are greedy and do not care about the environment.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.