Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama defeat amplifies race, rural problems

Once again, Obama got an ass whippen that shows why he will not win in November

Barry lost key voting blocks, and showed he is damaged goods with rural voters.

Obama defeat amplifies race, rural problems

By BEN SMITH | 5/13/08 10:26 PM EST

Barack Obama’s stinging defeat in West Virginia brings a sharp focus on the new coalition he may have to assemble to win the White House in November.

West Viginians rejected the presumptive Democratic nominee by a roughly two-to-one margin, one of the widest margins of the primary season. The outcome was the predictable result of familiar demographics: West Virginia’s relatively poor white voters have been Hillary Rodham Clinton’s base since February.

In a stark rejection of Obama in a state Bill Clinton carried in 1992 and 1996, almost half of the Democratic primary voters — typically the most partisan Democrats in a state — said they’d vote for Republican John McCain rather than Obama in November.

The results also suggested a deeper dissatisfaction among the state’s Democrats with both candidates: John Edwards, who dropped out more than three months ago, registered a substantial 7 percent of the vote, though Clinton immediately used the results to make her own case for electablity.

“I'm more determined than ever to carry on this campaign,” Clinton told a cheering crowd in Charleston, stressing her electablity. “If you give me a chance, Democrats, I’ll come back to West Virginia in the general election, and we’ll win this state, and we’ll win the White House.”

for the complete artcile

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10334.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the American public does not have the ability to look beyond a person's racial background and at the person, then they deserve what they get. The new republican slogan is 'change you deserve,' what could be more appropriate given the administration we have now.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    If the American public does not have the ability to look beyond a person's racial background and at the person, then they deserve what they get. The new republican slogan is 'change you deserve,' what could be more appropriate given the administration we have now.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill
    Blacks do need to stop voting for Barry just because ge is a black

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe that democrats will come together after our convention and support the democratic nominee. We don't want four more years of republican economic policies...we don't want 100 more years of the Iraq war... we don't want Stevens and Ginsberg replaced with justices from the Alito/Scalia/Thomas mold... Our nominee will be able to strongly make that case against McCain when whoever wins our nomination can concentrate on McCain and not their primary opponent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I believe that democrats will come together after our convention and support the democratic nominee. We don't want four more years of republican economic policies...we don't want 100 more years of the Iraq war... we don't want Stevens and Ginsberg replaced with justices from the Alito/Scalia/Thomas mold... Our nominee will be able to strongly make that case against McCain when whoever wins our nomination can concentrate on McCain and not their primary opponent.
    Keep telling yourself that, and maybe you will even start to believe it. Polls are showing abot 28% of Hilary supporters wil not vote for your biy in November

Even if that number is off by half - that is 14% - and that is a huge problem for Barry

He is a weak candidate, Wright has hurt him, and more the 50% of Dems do not find him trustworthy

We know MFM you are a surrender monkey, and you want Judges who ignore the US Constitution and existing law - and rule based feel good liberalism

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Keep telling yourself that, and maybe you will even start to believe it. Polls are showing abot 28% of Hilary supporters wil not vote for your biy in November

Even if that number is off by half - that is 14% - and that is a huge problem for Barry

He is a weak candidate, Wright has hurt him, and more the 50% of Dems do not find him trustworthy

We know MFM you are a surrender monkey, and you want Judges who ignore the US Constitution and existing law - and rule based feel good liberalism
    I am not a surrender monkey. I have asked you quite nicely to not insult me in such a manner. Would you like to lift our dialog up a notch or not?

As I said, I disagree with the idea that, when confronted with a choice between four more years of republican policies and a change in direction, democrats would the former simply because our candidate was not Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not a surrender monkey. I have asked you quite nicely to not insult me in such a manner. Would you like to lift our dialog up a notch or not?

As I said, I disagree with the idea that, when confronted with a choice between four more years of republican policies and a change in direction, democrats would the former simply because our candidate was not Hillary.
    Why else would terrorists back your boy (and Hillary) if they did not support what Dems want to do. They want to surrender and run away from the fight. If the truth hurts, that is your problem

Dems do not want change MFM - they want the dollars in our wallet.

Wright, Ayers, Resko, and his big mouth wife are coming back to bite your boy on the ass. DEMS do not find him trustworthy or credible

You love the polls that back you up, but you have a very hard time accepting the ones that go against you. 28% of Hillary voters will not support Barry. Accept it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Why else would terrorists back your boy (and Hillary) if they did not support what Dems want to do. They want to surrender and run away from the fight. If the truth hurts, that is your problem

Dems do not want change MFM - they want the dollars in our wallet.

Wright, Ayers, Resko, and his big mouth wife are coming back to bite your boy on the ass. DEMS do not find him trustworthy or credible

You love the polls that back you up, but you have a very hard time accepting the ones that go against you. 28% of Hillary voters will not support Barry. Accept it

Hamas would like an administration in washington that is pledged to really trying to find a two state solution for the palestinian problem. They think the democrats offer a better opportunity for that to happen. Hamas is not the gang that attacked us and are not connected with them.

I find it funny that you think you know what democrats want and I don't.

I believe that what Hillary voters say today and what they do in November are not necessarily the same thing. You should accept that as a distinct possibility. When the choice is between Obama and four more years of Bush... democrats will go with Obama, IMHO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hamas would like an administration in washington that is pledged to really trying to find a two state solution for the palestinian problem.
    when did that change.....I thought they wanted a one state solution.....one that didn't include Jews.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hamas would like an administration in washington that is pledged to really trying to find a two state solution for the palestinian problem. They think the democrats offer a better opportunity for that to happen. Hamas is not the gang that attacked us and are not connected with them.

I find it funny that you think you know what democrats want and I don't.

I believe that what Hillary voters say today and what they do in November are not necessarily the same thing. You should accept that as a distinct possibility. When the choice is between Obama and four more years of Bush... democrats will go with Obama, IMHO.
    Hamas wants a President that will not stand in their way of destroying Israel - Barry is their guy. He will also surrender in Iraq. Spines of Jello is what they want and Barry fits the requirement

I have been taking out kook lefties since high school (a SS teacher was alot like you) when they preached their liberal BS as fact and not as an opinion

As I said even if half the number goes to Barry, you are looking a 14% of Hillary voters voting gor McCain or staying home. It would seem you need to accept that distinct possibility

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    when did that change.....I thought they wanted a one state solution.....one that didn't include Jews.....
    it didn't change. Hamas - and all palestinians - would see a washington administration willing to really rein in Israel's expansionist hegemony as a welcome change from one that rubber stamps everything that the Israelis wanted to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The race wasn't lost based on Obama's race, only one in twenty said race had anything to do with their vote. Obama is just too far left and he will be too far left in Nov. whether he plays pool, wears a flag pin or plays basketball all fucking day with lunch bucket folks he will be too far left. They wouldn't pee on him if he were on fire.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

it didn't change. Hamas - and all palestinians - would see a washington administration willing to really rein in Israel's expansionist hegemony as a welcome change from one that rubber stamps everything that the Israelis wanted to do.
    Hamas is out to destroy Israel and wipe them off the map. They do not want peace

Barry has no will to stand up to terrorists - and it seems you do not either. More of the same old same old from the left - lets all sit down and hold hands

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Israel really IS America's lap dog --cool. !

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    So Israel really IS America's lap dog --cool. !
    Yea, Israel keep taunting the terrorists by living their lives, raising their kids, and doing other things to provoke them

Ronald Reagan